Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Over 23000 Sold for the Arsenal Game

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
so we have sold more for Brentford than we have so far for Arsenal. Proper club Brighton.

Why the surprise, every STH has purchased their seat for Brentford already to all that is left is non STH's, non STH's haven't had chance to purchase Arsenal tickets yet. 5k to sell with a over week to go, won't be many left

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
It's the million dollar question. It would have been a decent goodwill gesture from the club to have priced this more moderately bearing in mind the shit season we've paid top dollar for so far and the fact that there have been so many empty seats, but no, let's push for the maximum we can get away with, and maybe Barber and co will 'get away with it' (i.e. a full house, or close to it) and maybe they won't. If I'd paid £42 for a ticket for this match and we're 2-0 down inside 20 minutes I wouldn't be sitting there thinking "Arsenal are in The Champions League so that makes it alright." Would you?

Totally agree

I think the Arsenal game will sell out but I think the club has missed a trick here.

I think pricing the tickets at £20/25 would have restored some of the faith that has been lost in recent times.

Before the season began we were 3000 season ticket holders down on last season,surely a big cup draw is a good chance to get them back.
Those of us that have remained loyal surely this is a chance to repay them knowing full well that the clubs owners & management have under performed this season as have the team.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
There will be quite a few giving up their STs this season IMO.

A gesture of reduced prices for this game might have kept a few.

Would have actually made the club more money in the long run.

I don't think the game will sell out. Hope I'm wrong.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
4978 to be precise according to the website (yes i added them up)

Given that to get a home sell out in a league game we have some c7k left to shift and if the attendance # are an accurate reflection of tickets sold then shifting 5k in over a week for Arsenal will be a piece of absolute piss.

Season ticket holders - 18k
1901 - 3k
Arsenal - 4.5k
Remaining tickets - 5k

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

The game will sell out because the club have put plans in place for ST holders to buy more tickets after they are released on general sale.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Last f.a. cup against arsenal...

My ST holder friend didn't buy his seat, so I had a Arsenal fan next to me in the West Lower! :wozza:

One of our regular group of season ticket holders is actually an Arsenal fan, but lives down here so has an Albion season ticket. Last time we played them, he didn't want to sit in his usual seat with us, and passed his ST to an Albion fan. I believe he is doing the same this time. :clap2: :clap2: :thumbsup:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It's the million dollar question. It would have been a decent goodwill gesture from the club to have priced this more moderately bearing in mind the shit season we've paid top dollar for so far and the fact that there have been so many empty seats, but no, let's push for the maximum we can get away with, and maybe Barber and co will 'get away with it' (i.e. a full house, or close to it) and maybe they won't. If I'd paid £42 for a ticket for this match and we're 2-0 down inside 20 minutes I wouldn't be sitting there thinking "Arsenal are in The Champions League so that makes it alright." Would you?

Look..we all know in our heart of hearts that we are likely to be shat upon from a great height but inside us all there is that tiny scintilla of hope that there might be a surprise...and if there is, I, for one, want to be inside the stadium.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
according to Mick McCarthy on the radio tonight, Ipswich adopted a sensible pricing strategy and have a 30,000 gate for Southampton...

They repeated the pricing that Saints adopted for the first tie, namely £10 for adults and £5 for juniors. Result...nearly 60,000 watched both games. Methinks a lesson to be learnt by other clubs when looking out over empty seats for cup games.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Arsensl have 5 million fans on Twitter other clubs like us have 50k, their ST at a bag each & tv fish mean they can do what they want...us getting 28k at an average of £25 makes 30,000 @ £10 look plain stupid

They repeated the pricing that Saints adopted for the first tie, namely £10 for adults and £5 for juniors. Result...nearly 60,000 watched both games. Methinks a lesson to be learnt by other clubs when looking out over empty seats for cup games.

Hmmm. Let's think about this.

Ipswich: Change £10 and attract 28000 fans

Brighton Option A) Charge £10 and fill the stadium.
Brighton Option B) Charge from £32 (kids are still a fiver) and fill the stadium.

Anyone who does not think this will sell out is deluded.

Anyone who thinks its correct to compare Ipswich v Southampton on a cold wet evening to our game against Arsenal is deluded.

Anyone who thinks the club owes them as we have not had the best run of results is deluded

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

The club do make gestures re: pricing/tickets regularly. Remember offering ST holders free tickets for the Hull City replay last year ?
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/albion-fans-treated-to-replay-tickets-1367144.aspx
And they're always flexible re: pricing for cup games depending on the opposition. Cheltenham was 12 quid earlier in the season.
But like it or not Arsenal are in that top 6 of clubs in the entire country in terms of opposition. (Man U, Man City, Spurs, Liverpool).

The game will certainly sell out.

The club do make gestures re: pricing/tickets regularly. Remember offering ST holders free tickets for the Hull City replay last year ?
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/albion-fans-treated-to-replay-tickets-1367144.aspx
And they're always flexible re: pricing for cup games depending on the opposition. Cheltenham was 12 quid earlier in the season.
But like it or not Arsenal are in that top 6 of clubs in the entire country in terms of opposition. (Man U, Man City, Spurs, Liverpool).

The game will certainly sell out.

Yup. Great move that by the club. The subsequent moaning after that was a pure embarrassment.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hmmm. Let's think about this.

Ipswich: Change £10 and attract 28000 fans

Brighton Option A) Charge £10 and fill the stadium.
Brighton Option B) Charge from £32 (kids are still a fiver) and fill the stadium.

Anyone who does not think this will sell out is deluded.

Anyone who thinks its correct to compare Ipswich v Southampton on a cold wet evening to our game against Arsenal is deluded.

Anyone who thinks the club owes them as we have not had the best run of results is deluded
Good points.

Even a reduction by only £10 would be chucking £300k down the drain. Given that TB already subsidises us to the tune of 8-10m a year, you can't seriously complain about the pricing of a fixture that is likely to sell out.

Am I right in thinking the only people who can now buy tickets until 0900 on Monday are Bronze members (I don't know any of these - are there many) and STH's who have not yet or chose not to secure their own seat?

Although I'm sure this will sell out fast it does seem curious to give what I'm sure is a very limited group of people a 96 hour window. Surely 24-48 hours would have been sufficient?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
The game will sell out because the club have put plans in place for ST holders to buy more tickets after they are released on general sale.

I went on site yesterday and got an extra ticket with no problems, even better I managed to get the seat next to mine.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Am I right in thinking the only people who can now buy tickets until 0900 on Monday are Bronze members (I don't know any of these - are there many) and STH's who have not yet or chose not to secure their own seat?

Although I'm sure this will sell out fast it does seem curious to give what I'm sure is a very limited group of people a 96 hour window. Surely 24-48 hours would have been sufficient?

How about a new Brentford thread with tickets sold , or just an update

Cheers

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
When was the last time the Amex sold out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here