Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Over 23000 Sold for the Arsenal Game

Jan 30, 2008
Th ST holder next to me brought his colleague instead of his sister that day,... this turned out to be John Piercy ex-albion player now sports teacher in Eastbourne,.... sadly it turned out that he had his Arsenal shirt on under his jacket,... I wasn't impressed.
Shudder to think what he had on beneath his jeans / trousers
regards
DR

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
F*uk me I cant wait until this game is over. Never seen some many people piss their pants over one game.

You should have been here when we were at Withdean. Loads of Binfests over away cup games. Spurs Springs to mind and an ERUPTION over a West Ham tie , when Johnstone Paint Trophy fans got preference over Season Ticket Holders.It was Keyboards at Dawn!

This one is quite mild in comparision.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
4k empty seats will be a ringing endorsement for those who maintained that it was overpriced. Having initially baulked at paying £32, I had reluctantly come round to paying it and then the print at home was withdrawn and that seemed like a pisstake too far. That said, I can see a few thousand Arsenal hoovering up most of the rest when they go on 'no previous purchase history necessary' sale.

What would be a reasonable price to see a team that is playing on the champions league. Average of £25 for example?

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
It's almost as bad as people pissing their pants over other people pissing their pants!

Or pissing your pants over other people pissing their pants about other people pissing their pants?

See how stupid your post was?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
What would be a reasonable price to see a team that is playing on the champions league. Average of £25 for example?

It's the million dollar question. It would have been a decent goodwill gesture from the club to have priced this more moderately bearing in mind the shit season we've paid top dollar for so far and the fact that there have been so many empty seats, but no, let's push for the maximum we can get away with, and maybe Barber and co will 'get away with it' (i.e. a full house, or close to it) and maybe they won't. If I'd paid £42 for a ticket for this match and we're 2-0 down inside 20 minutes I wouldn't be sitting there thinking "Arsenal are in The Champions League so that makes it alright." Would you?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It's the million dollar question. It would have been a decent goodwill gesture from the club to have priced this more moderately bearing in mind the shit season we've paid top dollar for so far and the fact that there have been so many empty seats, but no, let's push for the maximum we can get away with, and maybe Barber and co will 'get away with it' (i.e. a full house, or close to it) and maybe they won't. If I'd paid £42 for a ticket for this match and we're 2-0 down inside 20 minutes I wouldn't be sitting there thinking "Arsenal are in The Champions League so that makes it alright." Would you?
according to Mick McCarthy on the radio tonight, Ipswich adopted a sensible pricing strategy and have a 30,000 gate for Southampton...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Agree completely. For all their cleverness they definitely missed a trick here. Give a very little back from what is bonus anyway and gain a disproportionate amount of goodwill.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
according to Mick McCarthy on the radio tonight, Ipswich adopted a sensible pricing strategy and have a 30,000 gate for Southampton...

Commentators Quoted 28k just before the match :shrug:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
4k empty seats will be a ringing endorsement for those who maintained that it was overpriced. Having initially baulked at paying £32, I had reluctantly come round to paying it and then the print at home was withdrawn and that seemed like a pisstake too far. That said, I can see a few thousand Arsenal hoovering up most of the rest when they go on 'no previous purchase history necessary' sale.

Just read on the Ipswich site that they went down the paper ticket only route for tonight's game, they allowed 'print at home' but not the loading onto season smartcards.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ipswich had a cheek even charging a tenner for that shit. I'd rather pay the £32, so long as we give it a proper go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here