Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our support today at Newcastle

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'd also add Newcastle is an absolutely cracking place. Having never been before I was gobsmacked. The nicest Northern city I have visited bar none and I've done virtually all now. I am feeling a bit of Geordie love.

Agree with this 100%. We were very impressed with the City. We stayed in a hotel in Jesmond for two nights. Lovely area. ...And as for the women...:drool::love:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
One thing I'd add and that is the superb 'nine bar' at St James Park.

Brilliant bar, loads of TV's, away fans welcome, pool table, X Boxes for kids, excellent food and a really good atmosphere made even better when they bring on a DJ an hour before the game and bang out some classic tunes.

Brilliant venue.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Brilliant bar, loads of TV's, away fans welcome, pool table, X Boxes for kids, excellent food and a really good atmosphere made even better when they bring on a DJ an hour before the game and bang out some classic tunes.

Brilliant venue.

The final leg of our 'crawl' was Rosie's Bar which is across the road from the ground. Very welcoming to away fans as well. Quite a few Albion in there making a lot of noise. Served the best pint of my trip: 'Whitby Whaler.' We will definitely visit Newcastle again. Their support was large, passionate and made for a fantastic and friendly pre match atmosphere. I'm not really interested what songs they did or didn't sing. Just a great away trip.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Agree with all of this. The "your support is ****ing shit" makes us look well noddy. Newcastle fans are as good as you can get, passionate and noisy. The fact that yesterday they were pretty quiet is probably more a reflection on the fact that they are back in the championship playing us rather than the likes of Man Utd etc. And yet they still have 40-50000 there. Whatever you may say, that is not shit. Decent club, legendary history, fantastic support. They don't deserve to be knocked.

I'd also add Newcastle is an absolutely cracking place. Having never been before I was gobsmacked. The nicest Northern city I have visited bar none and I've done virtually all now. I am feeling a bit of Geordie love.

Would be very happy if we went up alongside the Geordies.

And finally would hate to have a regular seat that high up, you really did feel a bit like you were in a different world to the players, so to actually make some noise was pretty impressive.

Re the stadia anyone going to our next away game is going to find it an interesting contrast

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My favorite song directed at Rafa whilst he was having a hissy fit "You're just a fat Spanish waiter! FAT SPANISH WAITERRRRR"

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Agree with all of this. The "your support is ****ing shit" makes us look well noddy. Newcastle fans are as good as you can get, passionate and noisy. The fact that yesterday they were pretty quiet is probably more a reflection on the fact that they are back in the championship playing usf rather than the likes of Man Utd etc. And yet they still have 40-50000 there. Whatever you may say, that is not shit. Decent club, legendary history, fantastic support. They don't deserve to be knocked.

Would be very happy if we went up alongside the Geordies.

And finally would hate to have a regular seat that high up, you really did feel a bit like you were in a different world to the players, so to actually make some noise was pretty impressive.

They were pretty quiet in the Premier League as well. I was shocked at how quiet and reactive their support has become.

As some of you have pointed out, it's one of the great away trips especially if you stay over. Fantastic nightlife amongst some of the friendliest people around.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
It's a great city with the most welcoming people. It has so many other positives like easy access to a stunning coastline and beautiful countryside. I miss Sussex and love going back but have always felt Newcastle is one of England's best kept secrets. Great to hear so many Albion fans enjoying the weekend and seeing so many blue and white stripes around the Toon

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's a great city with the most welcoming people. It has so many other positives like easy access to a stunning coastline and beautiful countryside. I miss Sussex and love going back but have always felt Newcastle is one of England's best kept secrets.

Indeed. I thought the city centre was fantastic. Lovely old architecture, compact, loads of character, and as I've already said, a brilliant football stadium (albeit with unhelpful acoustics) just around the corner.

And a proper Geordie accent is just brilliant. Love it.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

Brilliant venue.

I can vouch for that...even got a discount off drink/meal as we had done the stadium tour...
AND IT DID NOT COST £12 TO JUST GET IN.....
Mr Barber should use the "nine bar" as a blueprint on how to get fans to the game early and spend money on food and drink with indoor and outdoor space...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Did anyone else go to the beirkeller? Everyone was dancing on the tables! Great place

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I was actually in the Main Stand so I was looking over at the Brighton Fans.

They were loud and you could see them bouncing up and down all through the match. The fans truly supported the players brilliantly for 90 minutes.

I got truly deflated after the Baldock sending off because that virtually ended any chance of a come back but it didn't deflate all the other fans so for me watching them you just wanted to say ''you all deserve a huge pat on the back''
If you could bottle that and recreate it at the Amex then the noise would be deafening.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Watch on sky and could hear Brighton fans really clearly, fantastic support provided by those that attended the game.

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
It's a great city with the most welcoming people. It has so many other positives like easy access to a stunning coastline and beautiful countryside. I miss Sussex and love going back but have always felt Newcastle is one of England's best kept secrets. Great to hear so many Albion fans enjoying the weekend and seeing so many blue and white stripes around the Toon

completely agree-I stayed overnight with a mate in Hebburn,and go up fairly regularly-exellent city with really frieindly people.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Has been many times
Along with my other favourite "We are X with fairly average away support and we'll sing on our own..!"

Not often heard to be fair, and usually quickly drowned out, but happens on occasions when The Amex Hubbub has temporarily lulled...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here