Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our support today at Newcastle

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Any truth to the rumour that the NSK's attempt to start a chant of 'Peggy Babcock, Babcock Peggy' didn't get off the ground?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I hate to say it but Fratton Park is one of those grounds that has unbelievable noise when Pimpey are on top or score (which isn't very often, even against Barnet!). Can't think of too many other grounds. Maybe if Newcastle go down to League Two they'll appreciate their team winning on a Saturday or Tuesday night, no matter who it's against and make it a cauldron.

Looking forward to the return with Newcastle at the AMEX which will have a blinding atmosphere.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Great escape went on for a good 25 mins at the end, tonnes of empty seats in the toon end, probably one of the worst atmospheres for home fans I've seen

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Luckily, my local a few feet from my front door shows all televised games, the main bar is always rammed with Albion and the volume is always HIGH, from what we could hear, fantastic support. Well done to those that travelled.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Our away support can sometimes be poor numbers wise but we seem to have a solid 1-2k element who more than make up for this with their vocal support no matter the score.

:salute:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just got home. We were sat with my Geordie Brother in Law in The Platinum Club (NUFC's version of 1901)

We sat at the side. Have to say we were very impressed with the singing from our fans up in the gods. The home fans only sang when they scored.

Impressive ground though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I too despise "your support is ****ing shit".

Particularly at a club who are still selling 40,000 or so tickets after relegation. Alright, they didn't make much of a racket yesterday, at least I don't think they did: the acoustics up in the Gods aren't all that great so it wasn't easy to tell), but they're still there in vast numbers, and I for one felt it looked a little bit Noddy calling them shit. I hate that song in any eventuality, for what it's worth, it bores me to tears, and is only ever sung by a losing side, as some sort of childish retort.

Loved the Albion singing, was absolutely constant from about sixty minutes onwards. Including a (good LORD!) rather good rendition of GOSBTS, verse and all.

Great atmosphere in town around the game. What a place.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Only a moron would go to Newcastle, one of the great English football cities, with 50,000 fans inside the stadium and sing "You're support is ****ing shit."

50k? Good one.

We love to be so self-critical with our 'pretendance' but fail to point it out on our travels. 40k at best I reckon, but still impressive.

I hate that chant too btw.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Only a moron would go to Newcastle, one of the great English football cities, with 50,000 fans inside the stadium and sing "You're support is ****ing shit."

I don't think anyone was seriously calling their fan base shit, 50,000 in the second division is brilliant. Their vocal support on the other hand was pretty average. When they did sing they were very loud but that was only a handful of times.. Winning 2-0 against a promotion rival(in their words) I would have expected them to be happier.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Regardless, can't we just agree that YSIFS is a really shit song, and not bother with it?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Bit like the 3000 morons that went to Upton Park on the few occasions i went there in the early 90s singing-where's your famous ICF? or Ice Cream Firm la la la or Upton Park,it's full of s*** oh Upton Park is full or S***.....or where were you at Brighton town?..

Yep i am all for it.......(morons that is)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Regardless, can't we just agree that YSIFS is a really shit song, and not bother with it?

Mentioned it in another thread,personally it's not for me,can't stand it...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mentioned it in another thread,personally it's not for me,can't stand it...

See also "worst support we've ever seen", and the funny-the-first-time-but-not-in-the-two-hundred-times-since "Is this your fire drill?"

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
See also "worst support we've ever seen", and the funny-the-first-time-but-not-in-the-two-hundred-times-since "Is this your fire drill?"

Dreadful......apparently they sung a Albiyawn version of Newcastle.....Newcastle too.

Whatever happened to we can see you sneaking out and is this all you get at home/your supposed to be at home..

makes me wonder what the next big songs/chants will be in the coming years.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I too despise "your support is ****ing shit".

Particularly at a club who are still selling 40,000 or so tickets after relegation. Alright, they didn't make much of a racket yesterday, at least I don't think they did: the acoustics up in the Gods aren't all that great so it wasn't easy to tell), but they're still there in vast numbers, and I for one felt it looked a little bit Noddy calling them shit. I hate that song in any eventuality, for what it's worth, it bores me to tears, and is only ever sung by a losing side, as some sort of childish retort.

Loved the Albion singing, was absolutely constant from about sixty minutes onwards. Including a (good LORD!) rather good rendition of GOSBTS, verse and all.

Great atmosphere in town around the game. What a place.

Agree with all of this. The "your support is ****ing shit" makes us look well noddy. Newcastle fans are as good as you can get, passionate and noisy. The fact that yesterday they were pretty quiet is probably more a reflection on the fact that they are back in the championship playing us rather than the likes of Man Utd etc. And yet they still have 40-50000 there. Whatever you may say, that is not shit. Decent club, legendary history, fantastic support. They don't deserve to be knocked.

I'd also add Newcastle is an absolutely cracking place. Having never been before I was gobsmacked. The nicest Northern city I have visited bar none and I've done virtually all now. I am feeling a bit of Geordie love.

Would be very happy if we went up alongside the Geordies.

And finally would hate to have a regular seat that high up, you really did feel a bit like you were in a different world to the players, so to actually make some noise was pretty impressive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here