Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our songs are rubbish !!!!!

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I will never sing the Whoah, We are the Sussex, tune, because when Palace beat us, they owned that tune, and i thought it might have been an original son, and was really disappointed to then hear it everywhere.

Don't start me on Glad All Over. It is I believe a Dave Clarke Five tune, who "Invented" the "Tottenham Sound."

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Some misguided but enthusiastic teenagers tried the "Ooh, let's all pretend we're Germans - euro-twaddle - Whoaa, Whoaa, We Love You" song but it is so awful that, after a lot of plss taking, it was thankfully discontinued
corrected for accuracy...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Very well done. Youtube is full of videos of away fans "owning" their opponent's emptying/empty ground...

I prefer to look at videos of our 3-0 victory in March this year when you could barely hear a peep out of Palace all afternoon. :)

TBF you were at your Home ground, I would expect as much, the same as when we beat you by the same score. But the semi final of the play offs trumps the league fixture but quite a lot does it not??

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
the semi final of the play offs trumps the league fixture by quite a lot does it not??
of course it does and will continue to do so until we are back above you in the league tables... (which could take a while)

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Face it - we have our own song, unique to us. It's ours and ours alone.

And we still bollocks it up. Hardly anyone sings the words, and it's done too fast.

This completely sums it up. When we used to sing GOSBTS at the correct pace and everyone joined in slowly I had mates who said it was one of the most impressive sounds from travelling support they had seen sadly it hasn't happened for years because everyone rushes it. Get that right before trying to add new songs.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I agree with the OP. We haven't sung ole ole ole Vicente for ages now. Lets get it going again....

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
There's a few good Brighton songs about , who's up Peter ward being a particular favourite of mine .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here