Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our songs are rubbish !!!!!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It won't rock though will it. You have all singers all over the place so it'll never happen. Take the goldstone ground, the north rocked and no other stand did. Problem with our ground is the club wanted all sides to sing but that wasn't ever going to happen due to how they done the presentation. To late know.

I disagree that we have peaked vocally, we have yet to grow into the Amex after losing a generation of supporters.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Lets be honest, our songs/chants are sh*te !!! When I see other teams on telly they seem to have some really good songs ( even Palace :annoyed:) yet ours our dreadful ( soul less and quite frankly boring ) Is this what we have to expect for the forseeable future at The Amex.
sorry disagree

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Ain't no one gonna take our GOSBTS away from us!!

I think we should sing GOSBTS slowly a bit like Spurs sing when the spurs go marching on that is slow and give a chance for everyone to join in. Whoops I don't think urs sing at the moment Suarez just scored!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I disagree that we have peaked vocally, we have yet to grow into the Amex after losing a generation of supporters.

This is it, we are starting again, a lost generation is exactly what we are suffering. It will come, but we need the whole of the North Stand singing not just one corner. I am however impressed with the efforts of the South West!!! and I don't use that area.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
But it reminds everyone of Palace. When Blackpool score and play that shit song it reminds me of Palace.

No, it only reminds everyone of palace because we started singing it, it was enjoyable and got the crowd going....and then palace came down to the Amex and all their fans were singing it, it sounded a million times better than we could muster and then people dropped it. I think it was a shame as there are only a couple of songs that get people going, the Oscar Garcia sangria one, ulloa one and the woooaaaah woooaaaah one.

Jan 30, 2008
no, it only reminds everyone of palace because we started singing it, it was enjoyable and got the crowd going....and then palace came down to the amex and all their fans were singing it, it sounded a million times better than we could muster and then people dropped it. I think it was a shame as there are only a couple of songs that get people going, the oscar garcia sangria one, ulloa one and the woooaaaah woooaaaah one.
why sing when you can clack :mad:
regards
DR

Morvangull

Oct 19, 2010
Bognor Regis
I'm not much of a singer. And I'm not much for coming up with words. But I always thought that the tune " oh we all like to be beside the seaside, we all like to be beside the sea, as we walk along the front, etc " would be a great tune for the Albion. Easy to sing, no high pitched notes, could be simple words, and totally appropriate for seasiders.

Not exactly the above tune but on that theme and using some well known elements how about;

Oh we all love Brighton by the seaside
Yes we all love Brighton by the sea

As we walk along the prom
We know we've already won
Because we are Brighton Super Brighton
Super seagulls by the sea.

:amex:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Every club??? Never heard it watching a premier league game on the telly box.

I heard Sunderland sing it when they beat Newcastle a few weeks back. I also heard it when Leicester went 1 up against Burnley on Saturday. I've heard it a countless away grounds, and Republic of Ireland fans have been singing it for about 4 years.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm not much of a singer. And I'm not much for coming up with words. But I always thought that the tune " oh we all like to be beside the seaside, we all like to be beside the sea, as we walk along the front, etc " would be a great tune for the Albion. Easy to sing, no high pitched notes, could be simple words, and totally appropriate for seasiders.

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside
Oh I do like to be beside the sea
With a lager in your hand
Smash the palace in the sand
Beside the seaside, beside the sea.

No, that'd never catch on now would it?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Oh we do like to be beside the seaside
We do like to be beside the sea
We're the blue and white army