Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our potential starting 11 tomorrow could be.......

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I agree, the problem is, to fit both in we'd have to play 442, which is such an old fashioned formation nowadays. It's too rigid and as the quality of the Championship has increased, very few sides play it. 4231 / 4123 / 4141 (all much the same) are favoured bceause they're fluid, and few play sides with 2 out and out strikers. Ulloa and CMS are different types of player but both are out and out strikers. The only way we'd do it differently would be if Gus invested LARGE with an all-round central midfielder in the summer - creative, strong, good in the air, spot a pass, good in the tackle, box-to-box, likes a shot MONSTER. Allowing us to play 4132 with Bridcutt holding, and leaving Orlandi/Lopez/Buckley/LuaLua scrapping for 2 wing spots. It'd a good problem to have but there are very few players in that mould around, and one imagines they would command mega £££.

Spot on. An ideal person who fits that bill is Frank Lampard (might be out of our budget). Maybe if Villa go down next year, Stephen Ireland? That said, I still have hope that JFC can become that player.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yeah I can see where you are both coming from, personally I feel Holloway is taking a long shot. Then again I have never been convinced by him either, I am excited about KP though despite his age.

I'd be pleased with KP. I think there is still a few miles in the tank there.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
What a bunch of cocks.

Surely, sparrow, vincelot, Harley and Dobbie will feature somewhere in that .

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Well lets hope your team clicks then, you may think thats weird coming from a Palace fan but im more interested in seeing my team doing well than others doing badly. I am not to happy about Dobbie joining us and think that you guys have the most to be happy about in that deal. Im just hoping he couldnt click at Brighton or did not get on wtih Gus and that he will click with us. As for Phillips, he may be 39, but I am quite happy about him. I wold like to see him started with Murray but im not sure how long he could last.
Either way tomorrow will be exciting for both of us

When was the last time Murray scored? Genuine question, I can not be arsed to check myself but notice on the bbc championship page he seems to have been on 22 a little while now

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
My team would be:
Kuszczak
Calde ~ El-Abd ~ Upson ~ Bridge
Bridcutt ~ Hammond
Lopez ~ Barnes ~ Orlandi
Ulloa

Bench: Ankergren, Bruno, Dicker, Mackail-Smith, Hoskins, Vicente, Buckley (or Lualua if Buckley is injured.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Probably right, the only alternative is Gus never liked him, but then again if I was a manager as long as a player was decent and committed I would play him even if I thought he was a total twat.
I think Dobbs cooked his goose in an earlier home game (can't remember which one ) when he played for Steven Dobbie not Brighton wasting good chances by taking pot shots himself rather than being a team player when we had players better placed to work the keeper, i recall Gus mentioning during a press call that selfishness from some of his side would not be tolerated as team results are all that matters not an individuals personal performance, Dobbs never got a run after that game!

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i dont think CMS deserves to be in the team but i would like to see if ulloa can bring the best out of him .

kuszczak
bruno el abd upson bridge

dave bridcutt hammond barnes

cms

ulloa

loads of options on the bench then , buckley , vicente , orlandi , lua lua etc

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
My team would be:
Kuszczak
Calde ~ El-Abd ~ Upson ~ Bridge
Bridcutt ~ Hammond
Lopez ~ Barnes ~ Orlandi
Ulloa

Bench: Ankergren, Bruno, Dicker, Mackail-Smith, Hoskins, Vicente, Buckley (or Lualua if Buckley is injured.

:rave: :rave: :rave:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I'd be pleased with KP. I think there is still a few miles in the tank there.

I was well pleased with KP today, great signing. Found space and opened things up. Dobbie was not bad either TBH

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
When was the last time Murray scored? Genuine question, I can not be arsed to check myself but notice on the bbc championship page he seems to have been on 22 a little while now

He scored against stoke in the FA cup, before it was 2 goals against Nottingham forest, OH and two today against Charlton :cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here