Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our potential starting 11 tomorrow could be.......

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Kuczczak

Bruno El-Abd Upson Bridge

Buckley Bridcutt Lopez Orlandi

Vicente

Ulloa

Is this the greatest team ever to start a competitive match for the Albion?

It includes:

A polish international keeper who has played in the Premier League
An England international Left Back who has played for 2 of the biggest clubs in England
An England international Centre Back who has over 20 caps for his country
A Right Back who has played in the top flight of Spanish football
A centre midfielder who has been described by his manager as good enough to play for Real Madrid
A Spanish international midfielder who was voted Spanish footballer of the year in 2003
An Argentinian striker who has scored against Real Madrid in La Liga and who scored 29 goals last season to finish top scorer in the Segunda division in Spain

What do you think NSC??

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Kuczczak

Bruno El-Abd Upson Bridge

Buckley Bridcutt Lopez Orlandi

Vicente

Ulloa

Is this the greatest team ever to start a competitive match for the Albion?

It includes:

A polish international keeper who has played in the Premier League
An England international Left Back who has played for 2 of the biggest clubs in England
An England international Centre Back who has over 20 caps for his country
A Right Back who has played in the top flight of Spanish football
A centre midfielder who has been described by his manager as good enough to play for Real Madrid
A Spanish international midfielder who was voted Spanish footballer of the year in 2003
An Argentinian striker who has scored against Real Madrid in La Liga and who scored 29 goals last season to finish top scorer in the Segunda division in Spain

What do you think NSC??

Looks good, but in the front 6 only Bridcutt has naturally defensive qualities, power and bite in the tackle.
I suspect that there will always be a Hammond or Crofts in there with him, otherwise we get bullied out of the midfield battle.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think it's funny that Adam El Abd is right in amongst it and an international himself, given where his career was about three and a half years ago after that 7-1 defeat at 'uddersfield. Who could have predicted that!

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Bruno is back and apparently due to start so surely:

Kuszczak
Bruno Calde/Upson El-Abd Bridge
Bridcutt Hammond
Orlandi
Lopez Ulloa Barnes

Ankergren, Calde/Upson, Dicker, Vicente, LuaLua, Buckley, Mackail-Smith.​

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Looks like a very good team on paper, but will they click? If Upson and Ulloa do fit right into the team then I think you will do very well. But then again what do I know as a Palace fan :rolleyes:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Looks like a very good team on paper, but will they click? If Upson and Ulloa do fit right into the team then I think you will do very well. But then again what do I know as a Palace fan :rolleyes:

I think they'll click. Ulloa looked excellent against Arsenal and Upson will be very good at this level. If this team plays it'll be flairer than a pair of high waisters.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I think they'll click. Ulloa looked excellent against Arsenal and Upson will be very good at this level. If this team plays it'll be flairer than a pair of high waisters.

I would have loved Upson to be honest, as I feel where we are lacking most is at the back. I have a feeling he will be excellent at this level, as for Ulloa I do not know enough about him, but Upson is a quality signing.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Ulloa came in against Arsenal and was great, first game having not been playing for a while, debut for us, against Arsenal, it was one we would have totally forgiven him for not doing much in. But he was class, and when you take the circumstances into account, bodes very well indeed.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Ulloa came in against Arsenal and was great, first game having not been playing for a while, debut for us, against Arsenal, it was one we would have totally forgiven him for not doing much in. But he was class, and when you take the circumstances into account, bodes very well indeed.

Well lets hope your team clicks then, you may think thats weird coming from a Palace fan but im more interested in seeing my team doing well than others doing badly. I am not to happy about Dobbie joining us and think that you guys have the most to be happy about in that deal. Im just hoping he couldnt click at Brighton or did not get on wtih Gus and that he will click with us. As for Phillips, he may be 39, but I am quite happy about him. I wold like to see him started with Murray but im not sure how long he could last.
Either way tomorrow will be exciting for both of us

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Got a feeling that Vicente, Orlandi and Upson will all be on the bench (maybe not Upson.)

We'll see. Can see Gus continuing with Barnes and Hammond rather than making immediate changes.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Well lets hope your team clicks then, you may think thats weird coming from a Palace fan but im more interested in seeing my team doing well than others doing badly. I am not to happy about Dobbie joining us and think that you guys have the most to be happy about in that deal. Im just hoping he couldnt click at Brighton or did not get on wtih Gus and that he will click with us. As for Phillips, he may be 39, but I am quite happy about him. I wold like to see him started with Murray but im not sure how long he could last.
Either way tomorrow will be exciting for both of us

That's the spirit :thumbsup:

To be fair to Dobbie he is a very good player and has proven it, just not with us. Got the feeling he never really settled down here, and you also have the benefit of knowing already that Holloway can get the best out of him as he did at Blackpool. I recon he will do a good job for you, he is probably eager to get playing well again too. Good for him if he does, I just hope his contribution doesn't make a difference to our promotion chances, that would be quite annoying.

Phillips, proven also, and again experience under Holloway. You have to wonder where his limit is though, at 39 he must be pushing it surely.

Yep tomorrow will be interesting for us both, I can't bring myself to wish you luck though sorry :lolol: #closethatgap

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Bruno is back and apparently due to start so surely:

Kuszczak
Bruno Calde/Upson El-Abd Bridge
Bridcutt Hammond
Orlandi
Lopez Ulloa Barnes

Ankergren, Calde/Upson, Dicker, Vicente, LuaLua, Buckley, Mackail-Smith.​

I'm sure that this will be tomorrow's team, except the forward slash will be between Bruno and Calde. I'd start with bruno on the bench given Calde's current form.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
That's the spirit :thumbsup:

To be fair to Dobbie he is a very good player and has proven it, just not with us. Got the feeling he never really settled down here, and you also have the benefit of knowing already that Holloway can get the best out of him as he did at Blackpool. I recon he will do a good job for you, he is probably eager to get playing well again too. Good for him if he does, I just hope his contribution doesn't make a difference to our promotion chances, that would be quite annoying.

Phillips, proven also, and again experience under Holloway. You have to wonder where his limit is though, at 39 he must be pushing it surely.

Yep tomorrow will be interesting for us both, I can't bring myself to wish you luck though sorry :lolol: #closethatgap

Dont worry you would never be welcomed back on here if you did, im just hoping we can recognise what the net is again.
Lets face it though if Dobbie is a success, this place will be up in arms and a certain Mr Poyet will need ex SAS soldiers as bodyguards

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Dont worry you would never be welcomed back on here if you did, im just hoping we can recognise what the net is again.
Lets face it though if Dobbie is a success, this place will be up in arms and a certain Mr Poyet will need ex SAS soldiers as bodyguards

If Dobbie is a success I won't blame Gus. You're welcome to him. I hope he fails spectacularly, but if he doesn't that says more about him than it does about Gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here