Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our potential starting 11 tomorrow could be.......

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Bruno is back and apparently due to start so surely:

Kuszczak
Bruno Calde/Upson El-Abd Bridge
Bridcutt Hammond
Orlandi
Lopez Ulloa Barnes

Ankergren, Calde/Upson, Dicker, Vicente, LuaLua, Buckley, Mackail-Smith.​

This looks the most likely to me.

The big question for me is how do you adopt Gus's system to play both CMS and Ulloa.

Neither will offer anything in respect of dropping into midfield (a la Barnes) so you need to bolster there to provide the holding players, especially when we have attack-minded wingers and full backs who are expected to get forward.

The only way you could play Barnes, would be in a 3-4-1-2, which leaves us with a line-up ridiculously vulnerable from set pieces.

Kuszscak
Calderon - El Abd/Upson - Bridge
Lopez - Bridcutt - Hammond - Orlandi
Barnes
Ulloa - CMS

Just can't see how Gus can play Ulloa & CMS together unless we are chasing a game and one of them is coming off the bench.

* scratches head *

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
If Dobbie is a success I won't blame Gus. You're welcome to him. I hope he fails spectacularly, but if he doesn't that says more about him than it does about Gus.

Probably right, the only alternative is Gus never liked him, but then again if I was a manager as long as a player was decent and committed I would play him even if I thought he was a total twat.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Probably right, the only alternative is Gus never liked him, but then again if I was a manager as long as a player was decent and committed I would play him even if I thought he was a total twat.

That's it you see. For us he was neither decent or committed.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

I think the word 'committed' is the key one here. He wasn't. Maybe Holloway will get something out of him that Gus couldn't. However, from what I saw of Dobbie, he was a decent player but his lack of effort didn't make him a team player. Him and Murray together will be an interesting combination.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
That's it you see. For us he was neither decent or committed.

I think the word 'committed' is the key one here. He wasn't. Maybe Holloway will get something out of him that Gus couldn't. However, from what I saw of Dobbie, he was a decent player but his lack of effort didn't make him a team player. Him and Murray together will be an interesting combination.

Yeah I can see where you are both coming from, personally I feel Holloway is taking a long shot. Then again I have never been convinced by him either, I am excited about KP though despite his age.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Dont worry you would never be welcomed back on here if you did, im just hoping we can recognise what the net is again.
Lets face it though if Dobbie is a success, this place will be up in arms and a certain Mr Poyet will need ex SAS soldiers as bodyguards

That's a good point actually, and I think it's inevitable that his form will improve because Holloway will want to use him and knows exactly how to.

Even so, to be fair to Gus I think he is good when it comes to helping players, if Dobbie said he wanted to go and play under Holloway and Holloway wanted him I think Gus is decent like that, even though it's one of our players to a rival. I can understand our fans saying that's a stupid move, but actually I think a lot of our players respect and appreciate the fact that they can see that Gus want's to help the players he works with, and he won't hold them back or try to tie them down if they want to go somewhere. Even though there are draw backs in that I think overall it works to our advantage.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Bruno is back and apparently due to start so surely:

Kuszczak
Bruno Calde/Upson El-Abd Bridge
Bridcutt Hammond
Orlandi
Lopez Ulloa Barnes

Ankergren, Calde/Upson, Dicker, Vicente, LuaLua, Buckley, Mackail-Smith.​

This line-up makes me very, very happy... Although on current form I agree with Brighton Rock with Calderon at RB ahead of Bruno.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
[MENTION=18559]dingodan[/MENTION]

Personally as I have no emotional attachment to BHA, I think it is a great move for you guys. A player who cant get a game and is reportedly on 15k a week, who cares if he goes to Palace, who cares if he is a success there. At the end of the day you guys needed him gone and have got UPSON and Ulloa. I put Upson in capitals as I think that is a seriously good signing.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Yeah I can see where you are both coming from, personally I feel Holloway is taking a long shot. Then again I have never been convinced by him either, I am excited about KP though despite his age.

KP's a goal-scorer, if he can push you guys into automatics, or atleast maintain your position, he'd be worth the loan move. But buying him would be questionable, I do hope you boys buy Dobbie. I was excited by this signing, but it just hasn't worked out.

Anyway, Ulloa was good for us on his debut. Defensively he blocked a few shots and cleared. Attacking...well, diving header's always going to be a crowd pleaser. Our next meeting will be very interesting...

kip

Aug 2, 2011
[MENTION=18559]dingodan[/MENTION]

Personally as I have no emotional attachment to BHA, I think it is a great move for you guys. A player who cant get a game and is reportedly on 15k a week, who cares if he goes to Palace, who cares if he is a success there. At the end of the day you guys needed him gone and have got UPSON and Ulloa. I put Upson in capitals as I think that is a seriously good signing.
I'm starting to like you, you seem normal and are talking sense.. I might have to go and have a lay down:ohmy:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
KP's a goal-scorer, if he can push you guys into automatics, or atleast maintain your position, he'd be worth the loan move. But buying him would be questionable, I do hope you boys buy Dobbie. I was excited by this signing, but it just hasn't worked out.

Anyway, Ulloa was good for us on his debut. Defensively he blocked a few shots and cleared. Attacking...well, diving header's always going to be a crowd pleaser. Our next meeting will be very interesting...

Steady on, im still thinking about tomorrow ???

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
The big question for me is how do you adopt Gus's system to play both CMS and Ulloa.

I agree, the problem is, to fit both in we'd have to play 442, which is such an old fashioned formation nowadays. It's too rigid and as the quality of the Championship has increased, very few sides play it. 4231 / 4123 / 4141 (all much the same) are favoured bceause they're fluid, and few play sides with 2 out and out strikers. Ulloa and CMS are different types of player but both are out and out strikers. The only way we'd do it differently would be if Gus invested LARGE with an all-round central midfielder in the summer - creative, strong, good in the air, spot a pass, good in the tackle, box-to-box, likes a shot MONSTER. Allowing us to play 4132 with Bridcutt holding, and leaving Orlandi/Lopez/Buckley/LuaLua scrapping for 2 wing spots. It'd a good problem to have but there are very few players in that mould around, and one imagines they would command mega £££.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I'd want Barnes to start, if he provides a cross like he did last week...god knows how Ulloa will slot the ball into the net.

Orlandi and Lopez both have equally good delivery.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
For me Hammond has to start every game. Very under rated on here.

I thought his first half performance against Arsenal was top notch, and was the kind of box to box role we brought him in for.

Him and Barnes look like they are hitting form at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here