Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our players: KEEP or GET RID

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I wouldnt sell either but obviously would at £5m each but people on here live in cloud cuckoo land to think they would command that amount. When I suggested to a Premier scout of that price for either he just laughed and said that Bournemouth have 2 CB that are better and neither of those is worth that money. He believed Ince at about £750k maximum Dunk £1.5 - £2m. It is all about supply and demand and the desperate state of the club to sell. Are we desperate to sell 2 of our brightest prospects? I wouldnt think so.

we sold the two Bournmouth C/B's to them for peanuts and look at the players we have sold since Alloa,Bridcutt,Buckley and one of those for 8m and rising, need I say more

+ scouts and agents will always play down fee's its in their nature ..........thats how they pick up bargains

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
GET RID
Ankegren
Bennett
Calderon
Bruno
Chicksen
Hughes
Kemy
Holla
Crofts
Lua Lua
CMS
Best
O'Grady

KEEP
Walton
Stockdale (unless we could get our money back)
Greer
Dunk
JFC
March
Kayal
Stephens
Ince
Fenelon
Halford
Baldock (unless we could get our money back)
Rea

This said - that retain list is not the basis of a promotion chasing club. If we want promotion I would only want to keep.
Ince
Kayal
Stephens
Walton

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Honestly shocked people would release bruno and Greer. Defence has not been the problem this season

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Honestly shocked people would release bruno and Greer. Defence has not been the problem this season

Not good enough for a promotion push anymore

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Bruno - OUT
Bennett - OUT
Chicksen - KEEP
Calderon - KEEP
Halford - KEEP
Greer - KEEP
Dunk - KEEP
Hughes - OUT

LuaLua - KEEP
Holla - OUT
Ince - KEEP
Kayal - KEEP
Stephens - FENCE
Crofts - KEEP
McCourt - OUT
JFC - OUT
Texeira - WON'T COME TO US ANYWAY
Carayol - FENCE
Kemy - OUT
Solly - KEEP
Fenelon - KEEP
Rea - KEEP
Harris - KEEP

Best - WORST PLAYER EVER IN A BRIGHTON SHIRT OUT !!!!!!
Baldock - FENCE
Mackail Smith - OUT
O'Grady - OUT

Walton - KEEP
STOCKDALE - OUT
ANKREGREN - OUT

If we did what you suggest I think we would be like Blackpool next season.Unless TB is going to spend mega bucks in replacing these.

Would be interesting to see who you would want to see replacing them.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Time to be ruthless and weed out the crap. Here's my selection of KEEP or GET RID, based on the assumptions that any remaining contracts will be paid up and we stay up:

Stockdale -mistakes made but also some worldy saves. Not certain he can organise a defence. Give him another season. KEEP
Walton -KEEP

Bruno -frustrating to watch, slow, one tempo. GET RID
Bennett -Not a great defender, good going forward, can't cross. GET RID
Chicksen -decent with potential. KEEP
Calderon -passionate. Decent squad option. KEEP
Halford -decent option in defence and up front. Long throw. KEEP
Greer - slow but decent. KEEP
Dunk - makes mistakes but loads of potential. KEEP
Hughes -Not needed with Greer and Halford. GET RID

LuaLua -super sub. KEEP
Holla -decent but too pedestrian. GET RID
Ince -as Dunk. KEEP
Kayal - Brilliant. KEEP
Stephens. Brilliant. KEEP
Crofts. Decent. KEEP
McCourt -really talented, however, flawed genius. Gutted to say this. GET RID
Jakey -as Dunk. KEEP
Texeira -did a job for us. Sights on bigger things. Injured. GET RID
Carayol -loads of pace but nothing more shown. GET RID
Kemy -waste of a wage. GET RID
Solly -as Dunk. KEEP

Best -decent but needs some supply. KEEP
Baldock -starting to come good, then injured. KEEP
CMS -Not enough goals, despite injury and loads of heart. GET RID
COG -Strong and honest, but not quite good enough. GET RID

In conclusion, loads of rebuilding to do in the summer to be competitive next season.
Was going quite well until you said keep Best!

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
GET RID
Ankegren
Bennett
Calderon
Bruno
Chicksen
Hughe
Kemy
Holla
Crofts
Lua Lua
CMS
Best
O'Grady

KEEP
Walton
Stockdale (unless we could get our money back)
Greer
Dunk
JFC
March
Kayal
Stephens
Ince
Fenelon
Halford
Baldock (unless we could get our money back)
Rea

This said - that retain list is not the basis of a promotion chasing club. If we want promotion I would only want to keep.
Ince
Kayal
Stephens
Walton
I am with you pal

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Stockdale and Walton - KEEP

Halford and Dunk - KEEP

Ince, Kayal and Stephens - KEEP

Baldock - KEEP

Obv not all the rest are out of contract or will be picked up, but in an ideal world that's all I'd have left next season.

Id go with this except Id also keep March / KLL / Possibly Crofts as he was brilliant recently til he got injured altho dunno if he'll play again.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Greer - why would anyone who wants the Albion to compete at the top of the Championship, possibly want Greer to be in the squad next season? He was a very good player and captain for us, a stalwart, but unfortunately time has caught up with him. He's now making regular mistakes, getting caught for pace and bad positioning, a definite liability.

With a finite budget, the club need to make the hard decisions, to free up cash for fees/wages to acquire a decent squad.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
In an ideal world, the only ones I'd keep are:

Walton
Dunk
Bruno
Ince
Kayal
Stephens
JFC
Lua Lua
March

Crofts I fear for after yet another serious injury, but back to his best he's a definite keep.

Most telling for me is that I wouldn't keep a single one of our strikers. Unfortunately Baldock at the very least will be kept I expect, but I'd be delighted to see him gone - still can't believe he was our 'top' signing for the season :facepalm: He'll be CMS mk2 if we keep him...forever waiting for him to come good so we can justify what we spent on getting him.
I also wouldn't want to sign Best because despite being hopeful when he joined us, his attitude on the pitch hasn't impressed me at all. He comes across as someone permanently angry about something but unable to channel that anger in a positive way.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
£ 5m each could only ever be a f*** off were not selling price tag . Really not sure about Stockdale and would replace with Ali Al Habsi although I realise he has been exposed most of the season playing in a dysfunctional team.Goal keeping mistakes are easy forgotten when you go on to win 3-1, 4-2 etc and not lose 1-0 through them, so his few mistakes have been magnified.Still not sure.

Slapping on a £5M minimum price tag tells Premier League clubs they can't pick up our players for peanuts , you never know there might be a club willing to take a punt at that price level but most clubs will shy away. Any Premier scout who is asked how much they think a player is worth is hardly likely to give an accurate figure because if their club is genuinely interested they'll want to get him for a bargain price.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I wouldnt sell either but obviously would at £5m each but people on here live in cloud cuckoo land to think they would command that amount. When I suggested to a Premier scout of that price for either he just laughed and said that Bournemouth have 2 CB that are better and neither of those is worth that money. He believed Ince at about £750k maximum Dunk £1.5 - £2m. It is all about supply and demand and the desperate state of the club to sell. Are we desperate to sell 2 of our brightest prospects? I wouldnt think so.

What's the betting that if you asked the same scout how much he thought Kayal was worth , he would say £250k ?

Downsman

Mar 19, 2014
How many of the players that people want to keep would get in a Premiership team - I am not talking about the elite here. It's interesting that few of players we sold to Premiership teams, apart from Barnes and less often Ulloa, play regularly for their new clubs.

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
Stockdale - just not confident enough in his abilities, we can do better, GET RID
Walton - looks promising, KEEP

Bruno - links up well with cald, KEEP
Bennett - UNSURE
Chicksen -never see him play, UNSUR
Calderon - KEEP
Halford - KEEP
Greer - KEEP
Dunk - KEEP
Hughes - GET RID

LuaLua - KEEP
Holla - shown he can be quality at times, KEEP
Ince - KEEP