Solly - Keep

Best - F*ck off
Baldock - Keep
CMS - Get Rid (hurts to say)
COG - Keep (not starter)

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Time to be ruthless and weed out the crap. Here's my selection of KEEP or GET RID, based on the assumptions that any remaining contracts will be paid up and we stay up:

Stockdale -mistakes made but also some worldy saves. Not certain he can organise a defence. Give him another season. KEEP (Reserve Keeper)
Walton -KEEP (No 1)

Bruno -frustrating to watch, slow, one tempo. GET RID
Bennett -Not a great defender, good going forward, can't cross. GET RID
Chicksen -decent with potential. KEEP
Calderon -passionate. Decent squad option. KEEP
Halford -decent option in defence and up front. Long throw. KEEP
Greer - slow but decent. KEEP (Dump - too many mistakes, not a leader, just shouty!)
Dunk - makes mistakes but loads of potential. KEEP
Hughes -Not needed with Greer and Halford. GET RID

LuaLua -super sub. KEEP
Holla -decent but too pedestrian. GET RID
Ince -as Dunk. KEEP
Kayal - Brilliant. KEEP
Stephens. Brilliant. KEEP
Crofts. Decent. KEEP
McCourt -really talented, however, flawed genius. Gutted to say this. GET RID
Jakey -as Dunk. KEEP
Texeira -did a job for us. Sights on bigger things. Injured. GET RID (Keep if we got the chance, but doubt it)
Carayol -loads of pace but nothing more shown. GET RID
Kemy -waste of a wage. GET RID (Shoot! You would a sick horse and that shows more movement)
Solly -as Dunk. KEEP

Best -decent but needs some supply. KEEP (Get rid)
Baldock -starting to come good, then injured. KEEP (Get rid)
CMS -Not enough goals, despite injury and loads of heart. GET RID
COG -Strong and honest, but not quite good enough. GET RID

In conclusion, loads of rebuilding to do in the summer to be competitive next season.

Thought you were getting rid of the dead wood? There's a lot of crap left in your new squad.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I have this nasty feeling that Ince and Dunk will not be with us next season

The club should slap a £5M minimum price tag on both players , if clubs are interested at that price point we should take the money.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
If TB wants a top 6 finish next season, that is if we are still in the Championship, then there are probably only 5 or 6 players In our squad who are up to the task.
We need to be brutal with the axe come the end of the season.

el punal

Time to be ruthless and weed out the crap. Here's my selection of KEEP or GET RID, based on the assumptions that any remaining contracts will be paid up and we stay up:

Stockdale -mistakes made but also some worldy saves. Not certain he can organise a defence. Give him another season. KEEP
Walton -KEEP

Bruno -frustrating to watch, slow, one tempo. GET RID
Bennett -Not a great defender, good going forward, can't cross. GET RID
Chicksen -decent with potential. KEEP
Calderon -passionate. Decent squad option. KEEP
Halford -decent option in defence and up front. Long throw. KEEP
Greer - slow but decent. KEEP
Dunk - makes mistakes but loads of potential. KEEP
Hughes -Not needed with Greer and Halford. GET RID

LuaLua -super sub. KEEP
Holla -decent but too pedestrian. GET RID
Ince -as Dunk. KEEP
Kayal - Brilliant. KEEP
Stephens. Brilliant. KEEP
Crofts. Decent. KEEP
McCourt -really talented, however, flawed genius. Gutted to say this. GET RID
Jakey -as Dunk. KEEP
Texeira -did a job for us. Sights on bigger things. Injured. GET RID
Carayol -loads of pace but nothing more shown. GET RID
Kemy -waste of a wage. GET RID
Solly -as Dunk. KEEP

Best -decent but needs some supply. KEEP
Baldock -starting to come good, then injured. KEEP
CMS -Not enough goals, despite injury and loads of heart. GET RID
COG -Strong and honest, but not quite good enough. GET RID

In conclusion, loads of rebuilding to do in the summer to be competitive next season.

From the tone of your opening comment I envisaged a huge dustbin of players. Although I agree with the majority of your selection, I feel that you've erred on the sympathetic. There are a few players who have reached their sell-by date and, if you're being ruthless, would include Greer, Calde, Bruno for starters.

As a by the by, I was at the Huddersfield (H) game, with a friend who hasn't seen an Albion game for some months. His comment was quite telling and probably sums up the situation we're now in : He said that team played as strangers with no-one sure what their team mates were going to do, so there was no anticipation, players afraid to be decisive and being re-active rather than pro-active.

I thought that pretty much summed up our current malaise. So regardless of who we keep or recruit for next season can we please have a system, an identity, a Plan B and some leaders on the pitch to enable the club to move forward. It's not exactly rocket science and I think, as long suffering fans having to put up the season's dross, we deserve that.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I assume that you meant £5m for the 2, which we would struggle to get as that is about double their joint value I would sugggest.

good thing its not you selling them then

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'd keep:

Stockdale, Walton, Calderon, Greer, Dunk, Halford, JFC, Ince, Stephens, Kayal, March, Lua Lua, Baldock, COG(unless someone comes in for him and offers our money back). Holla, I'm undecided on.

We need two decent fullbacks, a quality centre back, a creative midfielder a la Tex, another winger, a couple of strikers and possibly another central midfielder if we bin Holla. We did a really poor job last summer, didn't we?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Stock dale, Walton, dunk, ince, Stephens, Baldock and kayal only ones I would defiantly keep.
JFC and March have potential but march seems to have some injury issues to say the least but I would prob keep both
Calderon I would keep for moral
The rest can be binned I think if possible and we start afresh

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Those people who want to bin Holla: who do you think is going to offer more money than us? Presumably, he earns more here than in Holland and I don't imagine we're the worst payers in the Championship. So those who say "get rid" presumably think he's Prem or top championship standard - can't see it myself

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Those people who want to bin Holla: who do you think is going to offer more money than us? Presumably, he earns more here than in Holland and I don't imagine we're the worst payers in the Championship. So those who say "get rid" presumably think he's Prem or top championship standard - can't see it myself

Selections are hardly being made on a financial basis. If we have to keep Holla it will not be the end of the world - just get him fitter, concentrate for longer, and get him to work harder.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
good thing its not you selling them then

I wouldnt sell either but obviously would at £5m each but people on here live in cloud cuckoo land to think they would command that amount. When I suggested to a Premier scout of that price for either he just laughed and said that Bournemouth have 2 CB that are better and neither of those is worth that money. He believed Ince at about £750k maximum Dunk £1.5 - £2m. It is all about supply and demand and the desperate state of the club to sell. Are we desperate to sell 2 of our brightest prospects? I wouldnt think so.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
I wouldnt sell either but obviously would at £5m each but people on here live in cloud cuckoo land to think they would command that amount. When I suggested to a Premier scout of that price for either he just laughed and said that Bournemouth have 2 CB that are better and neither of those is worth that money. He believed Ince at about £750k maximum Dunk £1.5 - £2m. It is all about supply and demand and the desperate state of the club to sell. Are we desperate to sell 2 of our brightest prospects? I wouldnt think so.

£ 5m each could only ever be a f*** off were not selling price tag . Really not sure about Stockdale and would replace with Ali Al Habsi although I realise he has been exposed most of the season playing in a dysfunctional team.Goal keeping mistakes are easy forgotten when you go on to win 3-1, 4-2 etc and not lose 1-0 through them, so his few mistakes have been magnified.Still not sure.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I would defo get shot of caldy,greer and bruno but we're stuck with the latter two grrrrr....CMS and COG need to be gone aswell :)
Plenty more including JFC need to be shown the door

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here