Our penalty

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Technically a linesman can't 'give' a penalty, but can indicate a foul if he feels he was better placed than the linesman.

I did think their penalty was, as Buckleys reaction gave it away.

I don't think Atwell thought it was a penalty and was going to book Buckley, but with the linesmans early flag and it being right in front of him, he'd totally have lost control of the game by not giving it.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Oh dear. Watch it on TV, whoever kicked Zaha actually kicked both of his shins. Ref was standing lss than 10 yards away for both pens, he decided ours was, the lino decided yours was.

Oh well that is fair enough then. Lets play with some new rules. If the lino gives then pen then we only score half a goal. Cool with you matey? Please do not get nasty and throw a white piece of paper at me tho will you?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Oh well that is fair enough then. Lets play with some new rules. If the lino gives then pen then we only score half a goal. Cool with you matey? Please do not get nasty and throw a white piece of paper at me tho will you?

Brilliant sir!

RednBlue

Oct 4, 2011
This is my point of view from the Holmesdale, I have yet to see video replays!

Zaha, Looked like he almost left his leg to be clipped by the defender, I call it cheating without cheating if you get where I am coming from! I would not have give it as he was going away from goal!

Brightons penalty, baring in mind I sit at the opposite end to this it did look like a poor decision! Just looked like a 50-50 race for the ball! I don't know if Parr was behind Will and just leant into him or what?

Both Very SOFT!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is my point of view from the Holmesdale, I have yet to see video replays!

Zaha, Looked like he almost left his leg to be clipped by the defender, I call it cheating without cheating if you get where I am coming from! I would not have give it as he was going away from goal!

Brightons penalty, baring in mind I sit at the opposite end to this it did look like a poor decision! Just looked like a 50-50 race for the ball! I don't know if Parr was behind Will and just leant into him or what?

Both Very SOFT!

I hate to defend Zaha, as he is a shocking cheat at times, but the direction a player is running in is irrelevant in terms of a penalty decision: the only criteria is whether it was a foul or not.

And I think it was Clyne who brought down (or didn't) Buckley, not Parr. Hence his grumpy Twitter posts. Mind you, the two centre halves made a total pigs ear of that situation, leading to Buckley having the ball, so Freedman should perhaps concentrate on that, not an imaginary grievance towards the referee.

RednBlue

Oct 4, 2011
Yeah like I said, I barley saw! What I did see was a woeful palace side, that after scoring lost control of the game in all aspects! I am staggered that you did not win

liam t cpfc

were the red n blue army
Jan 27, 2012
Read my posts in this thread, I thought Zaha's penalty was a correct decision (although I was miles away). I also thought he was one of the best players on the pitch. But seriously, when it was on SSN, I watched it 10 times, and there was no contact. He even threw the wrong leg (he threw his trailing leg, while it was his leading leg that was nearly touched). I'm not sure ours should have been a pen either, Will certainly wasn't completely taken out, but he was pushed (hand not shoulder) and there may have been contact on his left calf which would have been enough for a pen, but I can't be sure.

yet you quoted me and said 100% wrong i cant post links as i havent posted 25 times but if you go on youtube and type

CRYSTAL PALACE penalty V the weed
at 8 seconds you will see the ball gone and contact made

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
From the BBC highlights (There one is closer camera and better camera angle) I'd say neither were pens.

However I would HONESTLY say Buckley's isn't a dive as there is contact around his hip. Zaha on the other hand is a cheating **** and clearly takes a dive - the ref should have noticed this as he dives in a weird angle - it looks so fake. Really is a shame as he's clearly a very talented player.

Clyne pushed Buckley to the floor - blatant penalty
whereas that cheating c*** Zahahaha throw himself to the floor with no one near :albion:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
yet you quoted me and said 100% wrong i cant post links as i havent posted 25 times but if you go on youtube and type

This one:

[yt]RFGYSeO9vJc[/yt]

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

Your eyesights a lot better than mine if you think that video is conclusive.

Both penalties are soft. Game's over. Who cares?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports