Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Club. Let's be Heard

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So, if Sami isn't happy with NJ then all the 'blame' sits on the shoulders of our assistant manager?

I really don't get the logic behind that thinking, especially when none of us have a clue what he does on a day to day basis, how he does it, or how effective he is when he's doing it!

Regardless of that, how much influence do you think NJ has? I know there are conspiracy theories around that he's really pulling the strings but if that was genuinely the case why wouldn't he have just been made manager and be done with it?

Nobody from the club is going to come out and say anything negative about either SH or NJ it is just an impression that is given when watcfhing the game. Nobody really knows the truth and we supportersd can all only summize the problems, as it appears to us.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As I posted on another thread I agree that the biggest problem appears to be the No 2. None of us really know what NJ input is to SH and whether or not he is a better coach than no 2. Should we bring in an experienced man like Lennie Lawrernce or Alan Curbishley or should we get an old Hyppia team mate in to help like Jamie Carragher and put Mullery in as an advisor. The ball really is in TB court as to what he wants and what we can afford.

Would you PLEASE stop banging on and on and on and on and on about getting Alan Mullery involved in things.

It is a shit idea, as you have been told time after time after time, yet you still persist with it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is a forum for opinons IMHO we need somebody to assist SH with that type of experience hence my suggestion of Lennie Lawerence, Alan Curbishley or Alan Mullery who is already employed by the club and has been quoted as saying SH needs to be given time. Let him prove his words.

SimplyBrighton

Jun 6, 2014
This is a forum for opinons IMHO we need somebody to assist SH with that type of experience hence my suggestion of Lennie Lawerence, Alan Curbishley or Alan Mullery who is already employed by the club and has been quoted as saying SH needs to be given time. Let him prove his words.

Completely agree with this

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Alan Mullery is no more the answer to our coaching issues than Peter Ward would be to our striking problems.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is No 2 and coaching so would presumably do what he wants within reason. Losing the No 2 tag would mean he would be told what to do and with whom, perhaps he needs that direction.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Nobody from the club is going to come out and say anything negative about either SH or NJ it is just an impression that is given when watcfhing the game. Nobody really knows the truth and we supportersd can all only summize the problems, as it appears to us.

Ok, a fair point. For the sake of curiosity, what's happening during matches that gives you impression that NJ is at fault (or at least more so than Sami/the squad)?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
For the record, I think Mullery would be a terrible idea - only because he did well back in the 70's and works for the club now has no bearing at all on football in the 21st century. I've oodles of respect for the bloke but Christ, we don't half live relentlessly in the past sometimes.

Collectively, as a fanbase, we have overcome more hurdles than any other professional club and I would just like to feel that we are all on the same wave length here - I don't think that we are. If we are not planning on investing in the team then tell us that instead of saying we are pushing for a top 6 finish and our team is good enough - we know it is not.

Finally, I want to stop hearing that we should take a look at where we have come from. Time has moved on, we are not the club with no ground anymore.

You've answered your own question to a point there - the club has moved on and is a much more professional business than it was back in the Goldstone/Withdean days. It's incredibly hard to be a 'fans' club and be a successful, sustainable business (which is what TB is trying to make us). Something has to give somewhere.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
He is No 2 and coaching so would presumably do what he wants within reason. Losing the No 2 tag would mean he would be told what to do and with whom, perhaps he needs that direction.

Surely 'within reason' is the part where Sami steps in?

NJ is the assistant manager, who answers to the manager, he's not jointly responsible. If Sami wanted him to do something differently I would imagine he just tells him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There seems to be very little connection between SH and NJ and with NJ telling players what to do with his gesticulation you can summize what he is saying to do and it seems to be wrong. Gus was always talking to Tanno and then to CO who was shouting at the players. During Oscars time he was talking to his bench and NJ shouting at the players, that doesnt seem to be happening now.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Like most on here I dont, the same with Burke, but am still able to have a gut feeling on what we do see pitchside. Based on the view expressed in the post above nobody has a right to voice an opinion on the cause of our problems least of all sacking SH, Burke or Jones as we do not actually know. Ridiculous attitude ! we are fans and want the best for OUR club.

If NJ was so useless, then why did Oscar Garcia ask him to join him at his new club after having worked with him 6 days a week for a season?

Says a lot more than your gut feeling.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That may be so but doesnt explain why many others on here other than me lay the blame at NJ feet. I have suggested it COULD be and that I would like to see an experienced no 2 brought in and have named a few, all proven in the English game but too old to actually manage as a modern tracksuit manager, but with a wealth of experience and knowledge of the game.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
That may be so but doesnt explain why many others on here other than me lay the blame at NJ feet.

Because they have similar levels of knowledge of the situation as you - ie, **** all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here