Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our best and worst signings over the last four years.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Bridcutt was the best.
Upson, Greer, Barnes.

Worst:
Harley, Dobbie, Agustein, Hoskins

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Best - Bridcutt, Bridge

Worst - Roland Bergkamp, Harley, Dobbie,Paynter

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
worst......hoskins...purely for injuries unfortunately..

best ....... bridcutt.....purely for profit.

previously i would have said best mike robinson......worst mohateto molango...or whatever his name was.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Okay it's a loan signing, but Ward takes some beating for his quality and consistency in a tricky position. And the fact we didn't miss Bridge (another top quality signing)

Lopez's second season signing has to be a candidate for the worst. On decent money and managed to underwhelm in nearly every game he appeared in.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
That Scottish goalie who we had for about 10 games about five years ago and he ended up letting in about 25 goals! Graham Smith?

Best Gus
Worst Oscar

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
CMS has had a mixed 3 seasons to say the least but worst signing out of the 40 or so players who've joined since 2010 ?? His goals in the first half of the season contributed to us making the play offs in 2012/13, his cross got us into the play off for 2013/14. And players get injured. Not his fault.

The probem is the fee, not the player. Our RECORD TRANSFER EVER should not have been for a bloke who did/doesn't fit into our system, who hasn't been clinical in front of goal and who was no better in this league than the players we already had.

I love CMS, but as a signing he's been a complete travesty in the main.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Vicente by a mile , not botherd that he was a sicknote ,saw him at Ipswich and that goal wow just wow .It made my week when he was on the pitch a true genious

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That Scottish goalie who we had for about 10 games about five years ago and he ended up letting in about 25 goals! Graham Smith?

Seeing you've gone back further to signing more than 4 years ago, I'd say Gavin Hoyte the hopeless loanee from Arsenal. Now found his level at Dagenham.

Agree that Smith was utter tripe - the worst goalie I've seen.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Best 5 (excl. Loans):
Bridcutt, free transfer, awesome on his day, sold for a mega profit
Upson, free transfer PoS, key figure is one of the tightest defences in the Championship
Vicente, a genuine legend of the Spanish game, silky skills provided some of my most enjoyable moments is an Albion shirt
Calderon, very few players become club legends in such a short period of time, always steps up whenever challenged and brings so much to the club on and off the field
Kuszczak, one of, if not the best keeper I've seen at the club.

Worst 5 (excl. Loans) :
Harley, just horrid, slow, lazy and appeared to be doing us a favour in being here
Dobbie, not given a huge chance but never really earned one, wretched on almost every appearance and cost a lot in fees and wages
Agustien, lazy, overweight and withh an apparent rotten attitude, again a fee and large wages that were never justified
CMS, not really his fault but for the fee we paid he's never lived up to the hype or been the player we really need
Hoskins, sadly injury prone and a complete waste of three years fees and wages

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Best: Another vote for Vicente. Just incredible to see a player of that quality playing for us.
Worst: Cristian Baz. Signed in 2010, expected a quick, skill full Argentinian, instead, saw 7 appearances that delivered little. His highlight came in a penalty shootout........against Woking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here