Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our best and worst signings over the last four years.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Best 5 : Vicente , Kuszczak , Bridge , Ulloa , Bridcutt
Worst 5 : Harley , Paynter , Obika , Dobbie , Agustein

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
P

You can only one ,that is the game ,not dozens.

Best has to be Bridcutt. Signed on a free, was player of the year twice, and left for upwards of £3m.

Worst is Agustien, as things stand. Cost us money to buy, and big wages, and has to date contributed absolutely sod all.

In which case Agustien as the worst. I thought we'd had Bridcutt longer than four years, my brain is getting old, so can I just change my answer to what HKFC said above?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Oct 25, 2003
best- Bridcutt...signed for free and sold for plenty. player of the year twice
worst- dobbie...cost money...was awful for us...scored a few goals for Palace that helped them into the play offs

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Vicente+Brighton+Hove+Albion+v+Reading+npower+UckWDnsinsRl.jpg

1994614.jpg

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's all very well your Obikas et al but at least most of them tried, at least at some point: Harley however......

However I was impressed with Obika at Port Vale. After snow and a thunderstorm left the pitch resembling the front line at the Somme, he managed to walk off the pitch after 45 minutes without getting his shirt, shorts or socks dirty, whereas the other outfield players looked as they had spent their time mud wrestling.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
In the Amex era:

Best: Ince - can't do better than free
Worst: Harley - never happened

Loans wise:
Best - Bridge - Pure class
Worst - Paynter - Unable to perform the basic skills of a footballer. At least Obika could control a football.

How many games did we win with Vicente on the pitch?

Tell us then.

Prove to the majority of us, that think he was probably the finest player to play for the club, how wrong we are.

A quick straw poll on this tread will show you're in a minority...

That game against Portsmouth! :drool::love:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Best: Vicente, TK, Bridge

Worst: Gonzalez, Harley Paynter

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Tell us then.

Prove to the majority of us, that think he was probably the finest player to play for the club, how wrong we are.

A quick straw poll on this tread will show you're in a minority...

That game against Portsmouth! :drool::love:

I don't know what "proof" you want tbh, and as it's an opinion I neither need or want to prove anything to you or anyone else.

I never said he wasn't a good player I said he was a bad signing, there is a difference.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
How many games did we win with Vicente on the pitch?
Its really not all about winning, there are times when the results are secondary, i will never forget the moments of sheer brilliance Vicci gave us. The evening of the Derby match was one of those times the first thing i did on getting home from the game was to renew my season ticket.What a player he was and i still feel privileged to have witnessed the great man at work just a shame it wasn't to last.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here