Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Other teams Transfer Business

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Leeds spending a lot but in positions that desperately need strengthening risky business though the amounts they're spending. They have a striker who's more of a feeder than a goalscorer in Rodrigo, they have just signed a centre back who on paper looks good for them. Rodrigo De Paul was one of the better players in serie a last season so if they get him fair play. I still think they need a left back, another centre back, a keeper a midfielder if they don't sign De Paul and some more squad players to not be in the relegation picture. Us West Ham, Villa, Palace, Burnley all still have stronger squads than them in my opinion but at least they're giving it a go. Fulham just signed Lemina which is exactly what they needed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Any news on sockboy getting transferred. It would help us enormously to have Villa lose him. Seems very quiet to me?

I was hoping he’d go to United but they have spunked so much money already so I doubt they’ll be splashing out on him.

I feel he may be their Dunk and going nowhere, so that’s at least a couple of goals conceded next season against Villa :down:

SAC

May 21, 2014
Any news on sockboy getting transferred. It would help us enormously to have Villa lose him. Seems very quiet to me?

I was hoping he’d go to United but they have spunked so much money already so I doubt they’ll be splashing out on him.

I feel he may be their Dunk and going nowhere, so that’s at least a couple of goals conceded next season against Villa :down:

If he leaves, it would be best if it is at the end of the window.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Villa after Callum Wilson, willing to meet his £120k per week wages demands, Newcastle also sniffing and would be willing to let Matt Ritchie move the other way. Talking of Bournemouth, Ryan Fraser in talks with at least 3 PL clubs and a club in Germany.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Trevor Birch to Tottenham. Raw competence. Makes me wonder about their financial status though, bringing in the expert cost-cutter.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Already been covered but with Allan, James Rodriguez and Doucouré joining, Everton could be a force under Ancelotti next season. Will be interesting to see how Rodriguez does, always seems to blow hot and cold. Allan and Doucouré should be formidable together in the middle though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Villa after Callum Wilson, willing to meet his £120k per week wages demands, Newcastle also sniffing and would be willing to let Matt Ritchie move the other way. Talking of Bournemouth, Ryan Fraser in talks with at least 3 PL clubs and a club in Germany.

I’d heard that Fraser has been talking to a few clubs hoping to sign for them but not actually play

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Wilson wants £100k pw. Wow, he's done virtually nothing for a while and has suffered bad injuries.
Josh King on the other hand. All gone quiet re him.
Watkins, still at Brentford.
There's everything still to play for on the striker front and we are in a much better position to capture a good one as we have cleared the decks of fringe players and their wages, plus got some transfer fees in.
I'm sure that Maupay could have an influence on Watkins, especially if Villa turn their attentions elsewhere.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Allan an excellent signing. But Everton usually a car crash much like WetSham.

Fully expect Eze to be shit in 36 games next year then score against us in one and get MOTM in the other.

We always fail to get a top striker. Maupay will be our main man again next season and 'very decent' but think we'll be 15/16 position again despite looking much like Maupay 'very decent' but not quite mid table level overall due to lack of goals/being clinical enough. Mid table in 8 or 9 out of 10 metrics but falling short in arguably the most important one whilst looking like we could/should be that next level.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Already been covered but with Allan, James Rodriguez and Doucouré joining, Everton could be a force under Ancelotti next season. Will be interesting to see how Rodriguez does, always seems to blow hot and cold. Allan and Doucouré should be formidable together in the middle though.

When you say "Everton could be a force" presumably you mean they have a decent chance of locking down 8th place?

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020

Be interesting to see how they do. Surely, they can't keep spending like they have been.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Hear it every season from Everton. They sign up a bunch of rejects on the decline and their fans and the media expect top 6.

Usually ends in tears.

I’ll hold my breath.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Everton would be our competitors for a top 10 place if that is what we think we are.

Puts it in perspective.

4th bottom would be a success for us

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Matthew Cash the first of several big money moves for Villa, £16m.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here