Other Brighton Institutions Sadly No More

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I've just got back north from a few days in Brighton and was shocked to dicover DK Rosen Fine Clothiers at the top of NOrth Road had shut down. I remember buying my first second hand suit from there aged sixteen, cos I was going to the Lord's pavilion the next day and I needed one in a hurry.

Anyone know what happened to the bloke in there? Surely he was the inspiration for the "Ohh suits you" characters in the Fast Show?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think you mean Church Street.

I still mourn the loss of places like Wax Factor and Across the Tracks when they sold exclusively vinyl. TGF the Records Fair. There was also a good cheese shop in Kensington Gardens until a couple of years ago - that was superb, especially their toffee cheese.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Kemp Town Station.

Oct 25, 2003
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
I've just got back north from a few days in Brighton and was shocked to dicover DK Rosen Fine Clothiers at the top of NOrth Road had shut down. I remember buying my first second hand suit from there aged sixteen, cos I was going to the Lord's pavilion the next day and I needed one in a hurry.

Anyone know what happened to the bloke in there? Surely he was the inspiration for the "Ohh suits you" characters in the Fast Show?
there is still a suit shop there, with a guy who is very 'suits you'- the shop is called ivy now i think.

the guy knew my hat size by just looking at me:ohmy:

syrup head

Jul 5, 2003
Worthing
The Regent Ballroom. The Roller Rink, Sports Stadium, Odeon and Academy cinemas in West Street. The West Pier. The Hot Pie Shop in St James's Street. The original Hove Town Hall.

syrup head

Jul 5, 2003
Worthing
Juan Albion said:
I hope the plastic ice rink has gone.

Seems to rear its ugly head every winter at the front of the PALACE PIER.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports