Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar's new signings... something's wrong

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I love the way Burke's name gets brandished around like it's a bad thing.

If only he had held such a position with other clubs then we'd know what he was all about.
If he'd done the recruitment job at, lets say 3 Premier League clubs, we could all rest easy.

Obviously, and im a postman so i should know, what Oscar needs to be doing right now is spending time away from training tapping up players.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think these have been strong solid signings, they are not going to set the world alight nor are they going to do howlers every Saturday. We are a club that wants to play by the rules, play the long game, don't get in too much debt, secure the future for our kids not just go all or nothing in this season. So what if Ward isn't a marque signing, he has been promoted out of this league, has played in the Prem, has played for his country and he isn't going to break the bank.

I am glad Oscar isn't wasting his time scouting players, i like the fact that Burke brings him a list of players that 1. are available. 2. we can afford. 3. are of a good quality. 4. play in the positions we need. So burke brings him 5 dvds and him, Nathan and the gang sit round and discuss the merits of each player; Nathan brings a bit of historical knowledge and Oscar can see who he'll fit in. We know Oscar spends time talking to the player as Andrews said so. Whats the problem? Whats wrong with that. I would rather Oscar settles his family, looks at Birminghams tactics, drill drill drill the players and Burke puts the leg work in. Oscar is not a scout - Burke is.

We the fans put all this spanish and barca burden of expectation on potential signings. The club never have. So its our fault when we feel let down we dont get them.

Pretty much all this. I'm quite happy for OG to be concentrating on being the head coach, working with the players he's got and learning about the club and the Championship.

That's his job, let the others do theirs...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There is horse shit then this shit from the OP.

Just sit back and relax as the OsCAR is a slow burner just getting into motion.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
He didn't have much to do with signings at Tel Aviv. Not sure why people expected different here.

I doubt this to be correct...there were a number of Spanish players signed by Oscar whilst at Tel Aviv. Surely not coincidence !
And to fair and with respect, I would imagine playing for BHA to be a more attractive proposition for quality Spanish players than MTA.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I worry about some of our fanbase two internationals with premier league experience and that is still not good enough. Who cares if they are not Spanish neither was bridge or Bridcutt and they seem pretty competent at this level.

I think some of our 'supporters' need to have a good hard look at themselves as they seem to have nothing good to say about the club from pies, signings to being outraged at who appears on a poxy legends banner.

What a shame such potential as Oscar will no doubt be hounded out of the club by a fanbase with ridiculous expectations.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
people on this thread always think they know what's going on within the club. In fact actually know Sweet FA. The club run the club how they see fit and what they think is best for Brighton. End of.

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
There is horse shit then this shit from the OP.

Just sit back and relax as the OsCAR is a slow burner just getting into motion.

Regardless of what you think of the OP this thread reinforces the healthy dose of realism that we are going to have to swallow.
Let's hope Oscar is a miracle worker because he's not going to have the money Gus had to spend.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Regardless of what you think of the OP this thread reinforces the healthy dose of realism that we are going to have to swallow.
Let's hope Oscar is a miracle worker because he's not going to have the money Gus had to spend.

Not just us though is it ?

All clubs have to deal with FFP.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I worry about some of our fanbase two internationals with premier league experience and that is still not good enough. Who cares if they are not Spanish neither was bridge or Bridcutt and they seem pretty competent at this level.

What a shame such potential as Oscar will no doubt be hounded out of the club by a fanbase with ridiculous expectations.

Spot on

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
For a further reality check, in the paper today it said Cardiff are losing £1m a week

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Oscar isn't signing the players, there's something wrong somewhere at the moment.

No he isn't - it is the CLUB that sign the players. The CLUB identify targets with input from all concerned, including Oscar, that will fit into the CLUB's philosophy of how they want to play football. Oscar is the current incumbent tasked with implementing this philosophy.

Seems sensible to me - stops new managers coming in and demanding we sign "their" players to fit their style and allows continuity if Oscar gets run over by a bus, does a Gus or otherwise goes somewhere else. It is rather a novel idea I know for English clubs, but a good one if you ask me.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

I think some of our 'supporters' need to have a good hard look at themselves as they seem to have nothing good to say about the club from pies, signings to being outraged at who appears on a poxy legends banner.

Only if the club determine that their managerial choice should be dictated by a small scrofulous collection of trolls, juveniles, flabby-brained flapper-mouths, serial pessimists and permanently angry malcontents who post on here and the online organ arsegas.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007

Absolutely this

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Only if the club determine that their managerial choice should be dictated by a small scrofulous collection of trolls, juveniles, flabby-brained flapper-mouths, serial pessimists and permanently angry malcontents who post on here and the online organ arsegas.
Don't forget the postmen!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here