Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar planning more loans

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ward probably costs more than bridges £10k per week.

Andrews probably similar seeing as he is on approx 25k per week.

Quality costs.

Wow - if that's true I really hope these 2 produce as many saw them as mediocre signings and I'd agree on paper compared to the likes of Vicente & Bridge. Of course I hope they're brilliant etc. One win seems to have blinkered many people's views of how we've been playing?! Had those 2 Brum shots that hit the bar gone in I think more people would be suspicious of Barber's budget quotes... I just can't see at present how the budget is anywhere nr what it was last yr...

I'm really sorry for this negativity guys, I'm never normally like this but I've had a bad feeling since all the drawn out shit in the Summer and I can't shake it. One result hasn't changed my view at all...

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Wow - if that's true I really hope these 2 produce as many saw them as mediocre signings and I'd agree on paper compared to the likes of Vicente & Bridge. Of course I hope they're brilliant etc. One win seems to have blinkered many people's views of how we've been playing?! Had those 2 Brum shots that hit the bar gone in I think more people would be suspicious of Barber's budget quotes... I just can't see at present how the budget is anywhere nr what it was last yr...

I'm really sorry for this negativity guys, I'm never normally like this but I've had a bad feeling since all the drawn out shit in the Summer and I can't shake it. One result hasn't changed my view at all...

I agree with much of what you have said....every team wants to be stronger than the previous season, but so far I feel we are treading water...risky strategy as the numbers certainly won't be there next year if no ambition is shown..

Here's hoping for a couple of BIG signings...ie Becchio/ Sharp type..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I agree with much of what you have said....every team wants to be stronger than the previous season, but so far I feel we are treading water...risky strategy as the numbers certainly won't be there next year if no ambition is shown..

Billy Sharp is a no brainer. Can't believe nobody's picked him up yet!

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Billy Sharp is a no brainer. Can't believe nobody's picked him up yet!

As I've said before, I would really like us to sign Vaz Te.

Naturally a winger but is played as a striker. He has scored a lot of goals in this division and would fit in the LW position perfectly. Barnes is a striker but is played there out of position but Barnes is there for his ability to score goals. With Vaz Te, you would have a winger/striker that is strong and physical that can score goals that is in his natural position where he can perform best.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As I've said before, I would really like us to sign Vaz Te.

Naturally a winger but is played as a striker. He has scored a lot of goals in this division and would fit in the LW position perfectly. Barnes is a striker but is played there out of position but Barnes is there for his ability to score goals. With Vaz Te, you would have a winger/striker that is strong and physical that can score goals that is in his natural position where he can perform best.

Yep. Bechio, Vas Te and Sharpe are 3 quality players seemingly available. Would love any of them...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

We are stronger that last season. Maybe not at left back. But certainly in midfield, more than likely up front as well in the next fortnight and much better Manager(wait and see).....Bare all that in mind and remember we should have gone up automatic last season!!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Very good points but that would mean we should have 1million Sat in the bank to spend on players if wage bill IS similar and yet all we're hearing is loan loan loan. However SKY also said we sold Dobbie for 800k or so so make that nearly 2million we should have to spend (really can't see it and convinced budget is much, much lower) :(

Whoever is doing the graphics on SSN has to be a Palace fan or making it up as they go along , the sidebar now says Palace only paid £500k for Dobbie. So far this has be shown as UNDISC (undisclosed) , £850k , £1.5M , back to £850k and now £500k. The figures for Gayle have also gone up and down with the same frequency. £850k is accurate , we made no loss on Dobbie. Budgets have to be stuck to , Harley and Adgestein would have been paid up to terminate their contracts early , Hoskins could be out for the rest of the season but we still have to pay him. Loan deals give the club a chance to evaluate players instead of paying out £2M+ on a dud. Plan A - sign players on loan deals or free transfers to bolster the squad or Plan B sell the club's best player(s) to increase the playing budget.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
We are stronger that last season. Maybe not at left back. But certainly in midfield, more than likely up front as well in the next fortnight and much better Manager(wait and see).....Bare all that in mind and remember we should have gone up automatic last season!!!

Key thing is to have additional striker options and at present we don't..

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Key thing is to have additional striker options and at present we don't..

Agreed. We currently look very thin in terms of fit strikers. The last thing we need at the moment is for Ulloa to get injured and / or Barnes to have one of his red mists and get a suspension (eek: it's his old 'friends' from Burnley on Sat!). Plus we haven't been taking our chances so Oscar could do with options off the bench to give competition at least until CMS is match fit.

We will do well to get Becchio from Norwich before the end of the transfer window with Hooper being injured and Holt gone. Sharp might be a better bet. Of course Oscar may have someone from abroad up his sleeve, surely sooner or later he will have a more obvious influence on signings?

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Agreed. We currently look very thin in terms of fit strikers. The last thing we need at the moment is for Ulloa to get injured and / or Barnes to have one of his red mists and get a suspension (eek: it's his old 'friends' from Burnley on Sat!). Plus we haven't been taking our chances so Oscar could do with options off the bench to give competition at least until CMS is match fit.

We will do well to get Becchio from Norwich before the end of the transfer window with Hooper being injured and Holt gone. Sharp might be a better bet. Of course Oscar may have someone from abroad up his sleeve, surely sooner or later he will have a more obvious influence on signings?

Here's hoping...

Jul 7, 2003
However SKY also said we sold Dobbie for 800k or so (

The Observer yesterday quoted £850K as the figure Palace paid for Dobbie. Pleasantly surprised to see these figures being put around and shows a decent profit in less than a year.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think that we have signed players who can give us goals from midfield so another striker is not such a priority now.

CMS will love the new style of play with proper support from the midfielders.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Hopefully but FFP wasn't about then. Just can't see us mounting a challenge. We're still weeks behind others imo cos of the shit in the Summer. Really really REALLY hope I'm wrong but my 14th place prediction is looking about right imo... (please be wrong)

Maybe I am going against the grain, but I don't really see the rush to go up. Obviously I would love it if we do, but I won't be upset if we start next season in the Championship but with Oscar still in charge and with a squad of his players. Gus left a good squad of individuals, and the framework for Oscar to work with but he is his own man and will want his own type of player in the squad. This isn't his squad and won't be until he has the January window for minor tweaks and then next summer to sign the players he wants. If our plan is to be cheap this summer, freebies and loans, and then invest next summer then I would support that plan. Unquestionably.

Long term success matters more to me than the short term potential gains.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Observer yesterday quoted £850K as the figure Palace paid for Dobbie. Pleasantly surprised to see these figures being put around and shows a decent profit in less than a year.

It was a very small profit after the transfer fee paid to Swansea , signing on fee , wages and bonuses etc are taken into account.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Very good points but that would mean we should have 1million Sat in the bank to spend on players if wage bill IS similar and yet all we're hearing is loan loan loan. However SKY also said we sold Dobbie for 800k or so so make that nearly 2million we should have to spend (really can't see it and convinced budget is much, much lower) :(

Sky reported palace gave us £1.5m

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21376941732.288806.jpg

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Maybe I am going against the grain, but I don't really see the rush to go up. Obviously I would love it if we do, but I won't be upset if we start next season in the Championship but with Oscar still in charge and with a squad of his players. Gus left a good squad of individuals, and the framework for Oscar to work with but he is his own man and will want his own type of player in the squad. This isn't his squad and won't be until he has the January window for minor tweaks and then next summer to sign the players he wants. If our plan is to be cheap this summer, freebies and loans, and then invest next summer then I would support that plan. Unquestionably.

You're not alone, and I now feel dirty and used for agreeing with you :lol:

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing

Spot on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here