Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Pistorius

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
I really don't understand what you are getting worked up over. The clue is in the name defence. No doubt the prosecution will be along soon baying for blood and a lengthy prison sentence.

The prosecution can want till the cows come home but what they want isn't going to happen. The Judge has made her mind up. It'll be community service, 18 hours a month and house arrest for a few months as it can't be a fine as the defence have stated on many occasions that he's broke.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The prosecution can want till the cows come home but what they want isn't going to happen. The Judge has made her mind up. It'll be community service, 18 hours a month and house arrest for a few months as it can't be a fine as the defence have stated on many occasions that he's broke.

In a way, I almost hope she does. The prosecution will then have the opportunity to appeal the original conviction and go for murder again under a new judge. I'm almost worried he's going to get a 5 to 10 year sentence and the prosecution will see that as enough not to justify an appeal.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

If the judge has made her mind up, why are you getting so angry about the plea bargaining from the defence ?

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
If the judge has made her mind up, why are you getting so angry about the plea bargaining from the defence ?

Because all this bullshit is everywhere and and the real victim in this case is being completely ignored. The way things are going you'd think the victim is the perpetrator. Yes I'm angry.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
In a way, I almost hope she does. The prosecution will then have the opportunity to appeal the original conviction and go for murder again under a new judge. I'm almost worried he's going to get a 5 to 10 year sentence and the prosecution will see that as enough not to justify an appeal.

Hope the Prosecution file a misconduct charge against the Judge. Take this morning, The defense asked for a 5 minute break and the Judge responded with, I'll give you four and half and the defence oh five would be better and the Judge replied, four and and a half and the Judge and defense laughed. What the ****?

Is this a comedy show because it seems it from where I'm sitting, Someone should admonish the Judge for laughing, some woman has been murdered for **** sake not because Oscar have been caught stealing sweets.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hope the Prosecution file a misconduct charge against the Judge. Take this morning, The defense asked for a 5 minute break and the Judge responded with, I'll give you four and half and the defence oh five would be better and the Judge replied, four and and a half and the Judge and defense laughed. What the ****?

Is this a comedy show because it seems it from where I'm sitting, Someone should admonish the Judge for laughing, some woman has been murdered for **** sake not because Oscar have been caught stealing sweets.

A 'Look at me' Judge ??

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
What's that got to do with it? I do wonder if everyone would've been as outraged over this if he'd killed a little hunchback man.

I understand your thoughts re; if it were "a little hunchback man". Had this been the case I doubt it would have brought so much media attention.

However, because this case involved a disabled sportsman of some repute and a glamorous girlfriend the media has given us the opportunity to see/read/hear the case....word for word. On that basis, I am not at all surprised that so many are 'outraged' by the decision of the courts. I am too.

I am outraged that because someone has money for the best defence he can buy , he is going to be getting away, literally, with murder. These cases are not confined just to the wealthy of our society , but criminals with plenty of cash to avoid the punishments that you and I would be given....and rightly so if we are guilty.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What's that got to do with it? I do wonder if everyone would've been as outraged over this if he'd killed a little hunchback man.

I would. I've just been watching Jean de Florette.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I understand your thoughts re; if it were "a little hunchback man". Had this been the case I doubt it would have brought so much media attention.

Oh how wrong can you be, can't you see the headlines.....

"Oscar shoots Elton John after lovers spat"

That my friend is headline news.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It must be awful for Oscar, he has no idea of how long he will have to go around shuffling and snivelling and crying and putting on his little show of despair.Hopefully he will only get a slap on the wrist sentence then he can get over this little setback and get on with his life.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This business of the Steemkamp's taking £ 400 pm from Pistorius for 18 months is most odd do you not think ? Anyhow I am convinced he will get community service now, the whole week has been all about how this terrible business has affected Pistorius, his life and how much he has suffered as a result of it. I have found it hard to believe my ears this week, you would think Steemkamp was being tried for allowing herself to be shot and ruin Pistorius's life. Nel's reputation must have taken a hell of a hammering as well over all of this

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
This business of the Steemkamp's taking £ 400 pm from Pistorius for 18 months is most odd do you not think ? Anyhow I am convinced he will get community service now, the whole week has been all about how this terrible business has affected Pistorius, his life and how much he has suffered as a result of it. I have found it hard to believe my ears this week, you would think Steemkamp was being tried for allowing herself to be shot and ruin Pistorius's life. Nel's reputation must have taken a hell of a hammering as well over all of this

The money thing is odd. Edit: Apparently Reeva was supporting them, so they had limited income and had to take the money, according to their lawyer.

It has all been about Oscar so far, but we have yet to hear the state witnesses. The defence ones have been pathetically sympathetic towards him and Nel is still trying to get this social worker to understand that she is an idiot. With regards to his reputation - I think he did the best with what he had, to be honest. I still think they will appeal the judgment anyway, just to get closure on the whole thing.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A devastating stand from Reeva's friend. Pistorius carried on his little act all the time. Adjorned yet again until tomorrow, Judge seemed more bothered about her commitments she has to do after this trial. I think she has made her mind up anyway

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
It must be awful for Oscar, he has no idea of how long he will have to go around shuffling and snivelling and crying and putting on his little show of despair.Hopefully he will only get a slap on the wrist sentence then he can get over this little setback and get on with his life.

Poor man and how badly it has affected his life - still I suppose it is better than being shot dead.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
A devastating stand from Reeva's friend. Pistorius carried on his little act all the time. Adjorned yet again until tomorrow, Judge seemed more bothered about her commitments she has to do after this trial. I think she has made her mind up anyway

She is concerned that they only have this week to do the sentencing, otherwise it will have to wait for another 4 weeks. Considering the case was originally scheduled to finish on March 20th, she may have a point.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014

She made her mind up ages ago. Coummuinty service.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here