Oscar Pistorius

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I hope he goes to jail. I think he has been extremely lucky not to be found guilty of murder. Not sure what sort of message a community sentence would send to the the poeple of South Africa. I dont believe his defence at all. Do normal rational person gets out of bed and starts shooting in their appartment, without first checking where your partner is? My GF is 6 months pregnant and gets up several times in the night. I guess she is lucky i dont have a gun. He is gun obsessed has shot in a public place on several occassions wounding a friend in a restaurant. He needs to go to jail.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The Circus is carrying on today. One witness who is a trauma " expert " has said Pistorius should get 16 hours a week Community service. It seems that Pistorius is the victim in all this and is a " broken man " What do you reckon the sentence will be ? I have a horrible feeling it will be a fine

Not quite true.

The so called trauma expert recommended nothing whatsoever.

The correctional services officer recommended 3 years house arrest which including 16 hours a week community service cleaning the Transvaal Museum. But under cross examination by Nel, it was found that this chap had not read the judgment and had got his facts wrong - he said that there was no intent to shoot whereas Nel pointed out the judgment conceded that there was. Nel also asked whether Oscar would be allowed to train and compete under this order and the officer said yes, but would have to return home directly afterwards - Nel pointed out that this was not a punishment at all as that is what a professional athlete would do anyway. He described this recommendation as "shockingly inappropriate". Essentially, Nel showed this guy up to be a complete idiot - whether the Judge noticed or not is another matter entirely! About the only thing he said that made sense was that Oscar's firearm license should be revoked!

Again, I thought these defence witnesses were hopeless, but then I thought that in the trial as well. Didn't make any difference to the judgment though.

I reckon anything less than 10 years and the state will appeal. I doubt that he will get even half that.

In related news, rumours are that Carl Pistorius deleted stuff from Oscar's phone after the shooting - there was allegedly a nine minute phone call with his ex girlfriend the night before the incident and various messages that disappeared.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Unbelievable that this South African Circus isn't over yet. Two days to deliver the sentence?!??!!??! Fair play to the South Africans though, they're milking the world's press for billions.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Just seen the news, coummunity service for killing your girlfriend :facepalm:

And that defence witness saying Oscar is a broken man, really? The same man who was out night clubbing and got himself a new girlfriend, yeah, he really does sound like a broken man :facepalm:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Sentencing continues.

Interesting front row of the public gallery. Mark Batchelor is there, whom Oscar allegedly threatened to have his legs broken, Jared Mortimer whom Oscar allegedly had a drunken altercation with in a night club in July, Samantha Taylor, Oscar's ex and Samantha Taylor's mother who has published a book about Oscar in which she says that she advised him to get immediate psychiatric help back in 2012. Could be fun if the state call any of them to attest to Oscar's "good character".

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I see a book and a film and lots of money for this killer in the future, where oh where do her family go from here. If I was her dad I would sneak a gun into court and blow his bloody brains out.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
I see a book and a film and lots of money for this killer in the future, where oh where do her family go from here. If I was her dad I would sneak a gun into court and blow his bloody brains out.

It's all about him, has the court forgot that a beautiful woman was shot four times and was murderd in this trial.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It's all about him, has the court forgot that a beautiful woman was shot four times and was murderd in this trial.

Seems so, old hat old news, more interest and money to be made from a living walking time bomb. A man like Oscar will do something again, he will think he is invincible..

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007

Mrs Steemkamp's book is being published next month, so we will see what she has to say.

Security has been increased at the court house, so perhaps a few threats have been received? According to some polls, 90% of people surveyed want him to go to prison.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Another reason the defence witness is saying is that prison has only 2 toliets and the floor is wet. Wow, just Wow, how the hell does Oscar shower? Wheels himself in a wheelchair at home?

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
If you're disabled and kill someone you shouldn't go to prison in South Africa. This Judge has made her mind up, he's not going to prison. The real criminal in this case is Reeva Steenkamp.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
The defence and all the defence witnesses ie, Probation officer have said prison is an inappropriate sentence. I can't take any more of this shit. I've stopped watching, shall read about sooner or later in an article or paper one day.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
What's that got to do with it? I do wonder if everyone would've been as outraged over this if he'd killed a little hunchback man.

My opinion. I'd have said poor old lady if an old lady have been murdered or poor young girl. I find her beautiful.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The defence and all the defence witnesses ie, Probation officer have said prison is an inappropriate sentence. I can't take any more of this shit. I've stopped watching, shall read about sooner or later in an article or paper one day.

I really don't understand what you are getting worked up over. The clue is in the name defence. No doubt the prosecution will be along soon baying for blood and a lengthy prison sentence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here