Oscar Pistorius

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I know his lawyer has got to do everything he can but,

Jails are very overcrowded, Roux points out. Community service helps ease the pressures on prisons.

So surely they can let petty thieves out to do Community Service and put convicted killers in?

Also throwing the Oscar is penniless line out, yes, but think of potential future earnings, he will soon be back to being a millionaire.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I know his lawyer has got to do everything he can but,

So surely they can let petty thieves out to do Community Service and put convicted killers in?

Also throwing the Oscar is penniless line out, yes, but think of potential future earnings, he will soon be back to being a millionaire.

Yeah, it was all a bit pathetic really. Poor old Oscar.

Nel has just said and I paraphrase - it is odd that Oscar spends his entire life competing against able-bodied persons but now he "shamelessly" uses his disability to try avoid prison.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Surely it won't drag on past that date will it?

I guess any less than 10 years will trigger a State appeal? Also, do they get to do only half the sentence as per here in the UK or does the judge stipulate a minimum sentence?

I think Tuesday will be it now - the Judge thanked council for the way that they have handled themselves, so I reckon that is it.

He will be eligible for parole after 50% of his sentence, so it is not automatic that he only serves half of the sentence.

Many legal minds here that know Gerrie Nel reckon that if he believes that a mistake has been made in law, he will appeal no matter what the sentence. As no-one in the legal fraternity can agree whether a mistake has been made or not, we will have to wait about that. Nel is clearly utterly peed off with the whole thing and was almost contemptuous of the defences arguments today. I would suspect that if OP gets less than 10 years, the state will appeal.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think Tuesday will be it now - the Judge thanked council for the way that they have handled themselves, so I reckon that is it.

He will be eligible for parole after 50% of his sentence, so it is not automatic that he only serves half of the sentence.

Many legal minds here that know Gerrie Nel reckon that if he believes that a mistake has been made in law, he will appeal no matter what the sentence. As no-one in the legal fraternity can agree whether a mistake has been made or not, we will have to wait about that. Nel is clearly utterly peed off with the whole thing and was almost contemptuous of the defences arguments today. I would suspect that if OP gets less than 10 years, the state will appeal.

I agree, It would be a travesty if he got anything less than 10 years, mind you it's already a travesty that he got away with murder.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
I agree, It would be a travesty if he got anything less than 10 years, mind you it's already a travesty that he got away with murder.

Indeed. After sentencing of course, we will start to hear all the other little snippets that could not have been used in court. We have already got the missing iPhone, which the police know that his brother had and that stuff had been deleted from it. They did not use it in court for some reason.
We also have the little sideshow of Marc Batchelor and his mates intimidation of OP just by being in the same room as him. The threats, OP's association with some very dodgy people etc.

Re an appeal, many people are saying that because of this question that perhaps the Judge misinterpreted the law, that an appeal should happen anyway. It is yet another question hanging over the case but one that they can get a definitive answer on from the Supreme Court, unlike all the questions left hanging by Oscar that we will never know the truth of.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Anyone see the moment Oscar pulled his tissue out and dab his eyes. He made sure everyone saw it, didn't realise kleenex made tissues so big, it was the size of our old flag and when he wiped his eyes he waved it before replacing it back into his pocket. Oscar hasn't shown any remorse and is trying to pull the wool over everyones eyes. Crocodile tears.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They like to hang it out don't they , the judge is now repeating everything for what seams the hundredth time. Even Oscar looks like he'd rather do a bit of bird than sit through this much longer...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This trial has been the biggest ever motivation to not commit crime in South Africa. If you get caught, you might not get through the subsequent court case due to death by boredom.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Jebus.... Judge now stresses fact that Oscar Pistorius had been trained in gun handling calling that "very aggravating" factor.

Well I thought that might have been a major factor in guilty or not guilty, bit late or what.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Looks like he's going to get away with it.

Maybe not. This judge's ramblings make it difficult to see where she's heading.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports