Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OSCAR out, POYET in

black shadow

Jul 22, 2011
Hassocks
Tony please bring our Gus back.
This OG hasn't a clue. Masimenko is useless, takes off Barnes when losing, 5 games on the trot without a win.
OUT

You have got to be joking...?!...only two league matches so far! Give the man a chance.
Anyways, if they did bring Poyet back we'd be cancelling our season tickets - well rid.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Has anybody considered the hardest part of Oscar's job at the moment is picking up the pieces from the fall out we had from the Gus situation over the summer? It's bound to have affected the players as well as the fans. Give the fella time to get it all sorted before people start getting on his back for Christ's sake he's only been in the job a short while. What Oscar has got at the moment is what he inherited not what he created so give him a bit of time and patience.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Nothing like supporting the new manager :facepalm: I seem to remember when Poyet took over we beat Saints and then went on a terrible run getting smashed by just about everybody for half a dozen games Oscar will also need time to make his mark on the team keep the faith Poyet has gone.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Has anybody considered the hardest part of Oscar's job at the moment is picking up the pieces from the fall out we had from the Gus situation over the summer? It's bound to have affected the players as well as the fans. Give the fella time to get it all sorted before people start getting on his back for Christ's sake he's only been in the job a short while. What Oscar has got at the moment is what he inherited not what he created so give him a bit of time and patience.

Agree with this, although not sure we will sign Oscar's players. I mean Andrews wont be someone he would have chosen surely?

But we had players who played a pattern for a purpose. The slow possession build up was because it suited our players.
Now we are trying a new style with the same players and it hasn't gelled yet. Today it looked panic long ball at times.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nothing like supporting the new manager :facepalm: I seem to remember when Poyet took over we beat Saints and then went on a terrible run getting smashed by just about everybody for half a dozen games Oscar will also need time to make his mark on the team keep the faith Poyet has gone.

No we didn't, we won the next game and 4 out of 10, not even 3 in a row.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot believe that OG has had any input into signings as surely he would never have heard of Agustein or Andrews. I expect him to have an influence when the Premier sides submit their 25 man squad, whenever that is, and players know they wont get a game unless they go out on loan.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
As soon as the defence is sorted, we'll be alright. Ulloa still banging goals in up front too.

Is he? He never looked like scoring today. Hardly rampant

Erm... in case you didn't notice, he did score. And was unlucky with another header that hit the post.

This forum really is unbelievable at times.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Gus did not want to be here any more. I had listen to all the interviews he gave while he was still here, and when the game ended against Palace, even before his post mach interview that I knew it was the end of an era. I thought he would leave for another job though, not be sacked. Maybe if you didn't use seagulls player you may not have noticed but for months things were not right lots of little snipping comments and digs. That was when he did the press conferences.

When Gus joined we were a bit rubbish and we just wanted it to change, yes he won the first game but after that we were not great and it took almost half a season for it to really click. There was a real sense that we wanted it to work, and he would have been really rubbish to have made things worse.

We have had some key decisions go against us at critical parts of the game, that if went our way we could have two points instead of none. We need to back Oscar the same way we did Gus and really want him to succeed. He has a harder job of replacing a successful manager. I really think, given time he will be great for us.

What too many people forget is that Poyet's downfall/sacking was of his own making. If he had kept quiet he might still be here if not poached by a premiership club. One cannot argue that he did a fantastic job for us and he will be a difficult act to follow. Missing out on the millions that promotion would have come the club's way is the biggest problem and this is reflected in the lack of transfer funds available. The club has to be run as a business under strict restraints. Whether Mr Garcia is going to be a success remains to be seen. It's going to be a bumpy ride ahead so hold onto your hats and be patient.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Not read all 4pages as too drunk, but poyet left after not being wanting to be at our club.
It was well know at the club poyet wanted out of the club at December even if Bloom said it was 4 days before the palace game.
He told the players he was going to Fulham. Fairly funny if you ask me that Fulham changed their minds and kept Jol.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sacking Poyet is starting to look a very stupid decision.

Replacing him with somebody who has no experience of English football is looking an even bigger mistake.

Can you explain how the position would have been different if we hadn't sacked Poyet? Because I'm sure recall, TB stated that Poyet had phoned him 4 days before the March palace game stating he was going at the end of the season, sooner if he could. So even if we didn't sack him, he would have left anyway!

Anyone who was genuinely expecting Oscar to be able to carry on Poyet's project seamlessly was living in fantasy land.

In all probability he isn't close to Poyet's level of ability, but he needs our patience & support as it will take time for him to instil his ideas into the team.

Ah, the love in continues.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Agree with this, although not sure we will sign Oscar's players. I mean Andrews wont be someone he would have chosen surely?

But we had players who played a pattern for a purpose. The slow possession build up was because it suited our players.
Now we are trying a new style with the same players and it hasn't gelled yet. Today it looked panic long ball at times.

Well from what I read the other day Tony Bloom has said nothing has changed on player recruitment. Oscar say's what type of player he wants and Burke goes away and draws up a shortlist of players, Oscar then decides who he wants from the list and Burke does the negotiating before Tony Bloom checks the contract and gets the player signed. Why people keep insisting that Burke is signing all the players and it has nothing to do with Oscar is beyond me as it goes against what Tony Bloom has said himself.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
In all probability he isn't close to Poyet's level of ability, but he needs our patience & support as it will take time for him to instil his ideas into the team.

Stupid thing to say. A man who was coached by Barcelona and won a league at the 1st attempt. He started slow in Irsale before running away with the league. Give him time and players he wants and i am pretty sure people will be Gus who?[/QUOTE]

Have I got it wrong or did he win 7 out of his first 8 league games.

If so, how is that a slow start?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Stupid thing to say. A man who was coached by Barcelona and won a league at the 1st attempt. He started slow in Irsale before running away with the league. Give him time and players he wants and i am pretty sure people will be Gus who?

Have I got it wrong or did he win 7 out of his first 8 league games.

If so, how is that a slow start?[/QUOTE]

Another myth busted!!

Match 1 27 August 2012 Maccabi Tel Aviv 2 - 1 Maccabi Haifa Tel Aviv [show]
Match 2 3 September 2012 Maccabi Netanya 0 - 1 Maccabi Tel Aviv Netanya [show]
Match 3 15 September 2012 Hapoel Haifa 1 - 3 Maccabi Tel Aviv Haifa [show]
Match 4 24 September 2012 Maccabi Tel Aviv 4 - 0 Ironi Kiryat Shmona Tel Aviv [show]
Match 5 1 October 2012 Hapoel Be'er Sheva 3 - 1 Maccabi Tel Aviv Beersheba [show]
Match 6 6 October 2012 Maccabi Tel Aviv 2 - 1 Ashdod Tel Aviv [show]
Match 7 20 October 2012 Hapoel Acre 0 - 2 Maccabi Tel Aviv Acre [show

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Let's face it, some people just love a good whinge and/or wind-up. I'm sure some of the people clambering for the return of the fallen Messiah were the same ones moaning about his boring, negative style before it got us to The Championship and then almost The Premiership. I'll just take the stupid comments with a bucket of salt, much like I'm sure TB and Oscar will. We are currently a work in progress and I'd be happy with a mid-table finish as long as there are signs of improvement over the season. Oscar has a 3 year contract and I hope to see him here for the entirety and beyond as I believe he is a talented coach who once he gets things clicking will provide us with a brand of football more exciting than the Poyet era. He's also a decent man, who despite some ridiculous booing at the final whistle yesterday decided to praise the fans in his post match interviews, rather than act like a child as Poyet did often.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Tony please bring our Gus back.
This OG hasn't a clue. Masimenko is useless, takes off Barnes when losing, 5 games on the trot without a win.
OUT

The first 2 of those games were under Saint Gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here