Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Villareal
Norwich
Leeds
Newport County
Derby

Oh, I see we were counting the friendlies.

I took it to mean our last 5 competitive games.

Palace ( Saint Gus )
Palace ( Saint Gus )
Leeds
Newport
Derby

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Give it time. Palace had a similar start to last season.

Let's face it, some people just love a good whinge and/or wind-up. I'm sure some of the people clambering for the return of the fallen Messiah were the same ones moaning about his boring, negative style before it got us to The Championship and then almost The Premiership. I'll just take the stupid comments with a bucket of salt, much like I'm sure TB and Oscar will. We are currently a work in progress and I'd be happy with a mid-table finish as long as there are signs of improvement over the season. Oscar has a 3 year contract and I hope to see him here for the entirety and beyond as I believe he is a talented coach who once he gets things clicking will provide us with a brand of football more exciting than the Poyet era. He's also a decent man, who despite some ridiculous booing at the final whistle yesterday decided to praise the fans in his post match interviews, rather than act like a child as Poyet did often.

I was surprised about the booing at the final whistle. Personally I thought it was aimed at the referee, but, perhaps that was not so?

The performance of the team against a very average Derby side was not good. 3 competitive games this season & the last 2 friendlies - without a win, whichever way you look at it - is not acceptable. We may have had a referee decision or two against us, players injured, but hey, this applies to all clubs. Our first 11 on the field can match anyone. However, we don't have enough strength in depth. What is worrying, is that players of ability like Lua Lua & Buckley seem very average compared to last campaign.

I think things will get worse at Birmingham, before getting better.

As always, being a fan of BHA is a roller coaster ride!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
"3 losses is not acceptable". I keep reading this and it's nonsense. Have some idea of what changing a team's tactics involve. Gus got them to a poor they could pass to each other sideways in the dark (it sometimes looked like it too). Now it's Oscars job to get them to do it a different way. It's not going to be overnight.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
"3 losses is not acceptable". I keep reading this and it's nonsense. Have some idea of what changing a team's tactics involve. Gus got them to a poor they could pass to each other sideways in the dark (it sometimes looked like it too). Now it's Oscars job to get them to do it a different way. It's not going to be overnight.

Absolutely. if 3 early season losses were really unacceptable, which of course is nonsense, then Sir Alex would have never survived past 1989 at Man Utd.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I was surprised about the booing at the final whistle. Personally I thought it was aimed at the referee

Definitely aimed at the ref. I didn't think it was a terrible performance. Ulloa took his goal very well and was unlucky not to get another. My MoM. He is going to get a hatful for us this season. If that twunt D'Urso had given us the pen, we would prob have been 2-0 up and would have won the game. Two things worried me - defence looking decidedly shakey compared to last season (best in Championship) and, apart from those two Ulloa efforts, we created naff all. Taking Barnes off when we needed to score was also strange and I do wonder if Oscar knows what he's doing tactically. But as other have said, with a bit more luck we would have drawn at Leeds and beaten both Newport and Derby. Hopefully we'll get some handball decisions going for us later in the season.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Sacking Poyet is starting to look a very stupid decision.

Replacing him with somebody who has no experience of English football is looking an even bigger mistake.

Can we get one thing straight once and for all. Poyet gave Bloom no choice but to sack him...So lets not go down that road. You may have a point with your second statement, however some of us said that the day Poyet was sacked and the search began.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Ridiculous to talk about binning Oscar now - and also financial suicide.

However, there are very worrying signs from yesterday's performance. No flowing football at all and some clear gaps in competence amongst the players.

A return to thump it long football was a surprise to me. We gave the ball away more than half of last season's games put together. Oscar looks disengaged, and not a touchline motivator.

Maksimenko - way off the quality required.
Agustien - clearly overweight and lost the ball regularly trying to play the killer pass.
Greer - shaky

If Garcia came to the club and said get me Chicksen, Andrews, and Agustien I'd be astonished. The acquisition policy and management looks very suspect. And he probably feels unable to stamp any authority against Burke and Barber.

The summer shenanigans have left us in a mess as was to be expected. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. I think it will be a long hard season.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
There was always the option of, you know, not sacking him.

No there wasn't. Not unless you want to give in to someone time and time again and just let them piss all over everything and everyone. Then still walk away when something better comes up...Have some dignity ffs.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
PATIENCE

I miss Gus as much as anyone, but he's gone, give the new guy time. Anyone who thought we'd just carry on from where we left off last year is a fool.

Well said KG

SammyTheSeagull

Jun 17, 2013
This is pathetic! We need to give Oscar some time, Poyet wanted to leave last season to go to reading and is going to take the club to court, why would anyone want him back?????? Bloom is a very wise chairman and i think OG will be a great manager he has learnt hard from his first three games in english football now it will only get better!

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
I cant understand the panic. We lost to a good Leeds side with the last kick of the game and a controversial goal, had Calderon wrongfully dismissed which changed the game against Newport and were denied an obvious handball yesterday as well as hitting the inside of the post, both which could have given us the opportunity to go on and win if they had gone in our favour. OG will find the right mix soon with the team at his disposal, he just needs time to experiment and learn from his mistakes. And time is what we have on our side at the moment. We are 6 points off the top of the table....you`d take that with 3 games to go....even better with 44 games to go!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
We went on a 10 game with out a win run twice under gus. We don't have a full squad Oscar came in late and we haven't had time for him to make his mark on the squad. We are playing some good stuff and when it clicks we will be up there. Get a grip and have some perspective!!
See NSC, sometimes people can talk sense...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports