Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar interview coming up on Radio Sussex!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That sums up what I meant. So how much responsibility does Burke take when things go wrong?
That could be the root of the problem that what he is being offered isnt good enough like a choice of Lita or Obika. We do not know the influence on choice is it the lack of finance or Burkes estimation of players ability not being very good.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
That could be the root of the problem that what he is being offered isnt good enough like a choice of Lita or Obika. We do not know the influence on choice is it the lack of finance or Burkes estimation of players ability not being very good.

Well with the much talked about increased player budget this season, that leaves Burke and his gang finding players without Poyet and making a poor job of it in my view.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I keep saying it in other threads

- Burke has failed miserably this season with his recommendations of players and so needs to be held responsible

- A director of football DOES NOT work in todays game. If anyone can name me one that has worked over a period of 4-5 years in a top flight or second tier club across the UK or Europe then Id be surprised

- Its easy to blame Jones for much of whats gone on. However, a number of players we've signed or attempted to sign have been on his and Burke's recommendations and therefore, as with Burke, Jones is just as responsible.

- Garcia is an unproven manager. Forget he was linked to the Barca job as it's irrelevant and that does not mean you will be a good manager. He has had one good season in an average league but with free reign on transfers. However, he is still learning and that's why the club need to bring in an experienced number 2 to help him and one that is going to be the good cop to Oscars bad cop. That's why Oatway was well liked amongst a lot of the players. Jones is neither experienced and from what I understand, neither is he popular. In fact, I cannot remember a member of the coaching staff that was as unpopular that Jones is with the fans.

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
I'm sure on one of his pre season BBC interviews Poyet came out and said the new manager needs to be given time: he knew what lied in front of whoever was gonna be in charge here this season. IMHO it's what cause the fallout with Barber and the subsequent offers to resign.

I aint a fan AT ALL of how we're playing but Oscar can only work with what he's been given.

But telling his players to sit back when the other team is down to ten men with 15 mins doesn't matter what players he has is embarrassing

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
And I think that is correct, Oscar is allowed to choose from whoever Burke selects to be on the short list.

So how good are the short list's.

Thats right, Burke/the scouting department draw up a shorlist of available/affordable players and Oscar gets to pick the best of a bad bunch.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Thats right, Burke/the scouting department draw up a shorlist of available/affordable players and Oscar gets to pick the best of a bad bunch.

and they have been a bad bunch
we could have saved the money and played some of the DS
blooding them for next season
the only decent player we have loaned, we let Blackburn step in and buy him, we only needed him, apparently his wages were to high, we could have saved the difference by not borrowing the sh#te we have

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

- Burke has failed miserably this season with his recommendations of players and so needs to be held responsible

- A director of football DOES NOT work in todays game. If anyone can name me one that has worked over a period of 4-5 years in a top flight or second tier club across the UK or Europe then Id be surprised

- Its easy to blame Jones for much of whats gone on. However, a number of players we've signed or attempted to sign have been on his and Burke's recommendations and therefore, as with Burke, Jones is just as responsible.

- Garcia is an unproven manager. Forget he was linked to the Barca job as it's irrelevant and that does not mean you will be a good manager. He has had one good season in an average league but with free reign on transfers. However, he is still learning and that's why the club need to bring in an experienced number 2 to help him and one that is going to be the good cop to Oscars bad cop. That's why Oatway was well liked amongst a lot of the players. Jones is neither experienced and from what I understand, neither is he popular. In fact, I cannot remember a member of the coaching staff that was as unpopular that Jones is with the fans.
This x100000000000000

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
and they have been a bad bunch
we could have saved the money and played some of the DS
blooding them for next season
the only decent player we have loaned, we let Blackburn step in and buy him, we only needed him, apparently his wages were to high, we could have saved the difference by not borrowing the sh#te we have

Or perhaps Oscar didn't want him back

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

Some sense at last.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The bloke seems happy enough with performance and seems to thinks we created a lot of chances!!!!! I only listened on the radio so I may be wrong but it seemed to me that they created the best chance and we had a few half chances. Feel very sorry for those that travelled all the way up there to be served up that utter gash!!!

This is the crux of the matter , Oscar thinks the performance on the pitch is ok but it isn't. The players aren't showing any bottle , for example Ulloa in the second half looked totally disinterested because he threw a wobbly in the first half and could have easily been sent off for not getting his own way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here