Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Gatcia

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well, if by that you are asking whether the days of massive increases in the playing budget* were coming to an end, then yes. Poyet, in his first full season, saw staff costs increase by over 25% (we have no idea how much of that was actually on players, so it is the best indicator we have). The following season, staff costs rose over 100%. The accounts aren't out yet for 2012-13, but I'm betting there was another significant increase.

We all know that the budget for 2013-14 is a slight increase on 2012-13. There is absolutely no doubt that the club backed Poyet to the hilt when it came to the playing budget. Maybe he didn't feel he had what it would take to earn promotion with a team that wasn't getting parachute payments?

*until such time as we may gain promotion to the Premier League, of course

It was a tongue in cheek quip. Thank you for your answer though.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
It's the same Hoskins that went to Sheffield United because he couldn't play in the championship with a hernia. When he didn't have a hernia he looked very good. Then a goalkeeper knocked his knee whilst he had all his weight on that leg. If he wasn't so unlucky with injury I think he would have been very good for us.

Are you sure about that ?

Our 'Will' Hoskins who went to Sheffield United on loan last season is not the same 'Sam' Hoskins who played against us yesterday for Yeovil and who, as far as I can see, never had any connection with the Albion.

Our 'Will' Hoskins' who has been desperately unfortunate with injuries is still long term injured, is still with us and was not the filth who, against us yesterday, should have been sent off for his repeated misdemeanours ! (according to the radio commentary)

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Yes, because waving your arms about and shouting is the key thing that makes a football manager successful. Like Paolo Di Canio.
So take a look at Arsene Wenger and Alex Ferguson from his past 30 years in management. Do/ did they just stand there virtually motionless with a single hand gesture articulating 'up the tempo'? Did Shankly ponder each question asked of him for 20 seconds before a monotone response? The players need someone to inspire them, and at present they aren't getting it. Worse than that they don't seem to be getting the MO of Garcia. A distinctive pattern of play is not being witnessed. I appreciate the injuries and I can excuse us not being at 100 per cent, but we are way off it.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
So take a look at Arsene Wenger and Alex Ferguson from his past 30 years in management. Do/ did they just stand there virtually motionless with a single hand gesture articulating 'up the tempo'? Did Shankly ponder each question asked of him for 20 seconds before a monotone response? The players need someone to inspire them, and at present they aren't getting it. Worse than that they don't seem to be getting the MO of Garcia. A distinctive pattern of play is not being witnessed. I appreciate the injuries and I can excuse us not being at 100 per cent, but we are way off it.

Good points in thee .

Him and jones are motionless to much on the sidelines. Prob doesn't make much difference but you want to see they are living it with us.

The distinctive pattern of play also valid point . Just when I thought I had Sussed what he's trying to do we went backwards again . Injuries shouldn't dictate a style so much

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Look, oscar has to produce. I don't mean results, I mean good football.
So far he has managed a bit of Barry Lloyd type Hoofball.
Total shit.
I don't care if we end up 5th bottom, I just wanna see some decent football. Under Gus it was always good. Frustrating because there was no plan b, but at least a plan a.
Now we have nothing, shit play, disjointed play, crap. FFS play some bloody football!!!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We even lost 3-1 to Warbury Warriors this morning. Oscar OUT!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't know why anyone thought that. People got carried away with last season and thought we should have done better than we did. We did what we did because of Gus. It was his team, his big plan, and this season would have been the season where it was completed. Instead, it all went pear shaped and we've been knocked back a couple of years.

I think Oscar will come good, he's been seriously unlucky so far, but anyone who thought we were going to piss the league this season was deluded, and didn't understand what a good manager Poyet was.

As for people already starting to slate Oscar for not having enough charisma or not being opinionated enough, seriously, grow the **** up, that's the exact opposite that you were slating Poyet for last year. Alex Ferguson wasn't exactly the most charismatic man on the planet, was he?

Hold on a minute. Charisma is not relevant. If you can find where I've said anything different 'good luck'. We knew that Gus was a 'media-darling', he lost me by slating the club post Palace. Oscar will only answer what he is asked and not elaborate, there is no problem with that.

In terms of the team, if it's not broke don't fix it. There are plenty of times managers have come in and improved already reasonable teams, which is where we were. It is very poor at the moment, but like you I believe it will get better.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I go with this as well

I don't get the bit about Conway getting slagged off either. He put some great balls into the box today first half but Barnes was to scared to throw his head in there at them
Conway was bound to run out of steam in the second half therefore I would have had a go at them with Solly
But then again I'm not the manager am I !!

Conway was the one bright spark today excellent first half if ulloa had plAyed today he would have gobbled up a few of those crosses. Conway can cross the football!

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
He also went to Sheffield because he & his wife lost a baby girl, & it was closer to their family in Nottingham. He had a very tough couple of years.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that after a long journey back from Yeovil. Out of all of our players he is the one I want to succeed most. He deserves something good to happen to him.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Who's Oscar GATCIA ????

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yes they would but they do not score goals , we need some proper strikers

I think that out of all the nonsense you've posted over the last few years, that one sums up your lack of understanding of the game better than any others. "They won't make a difference because they don't score goals."

It's like a child's view of the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here