Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia Junyent

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Under his reign, Maccabi came from behind to win more than once, if that helps.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not convinced . We still have a manager so legally don't think anything be out there to anyone other than bloom etc . Let's face it for near on 3 years you could count the credible sources one hand. Even the Argus can't get a sniff of anything for years . Club is good at lockdown so I just don't buy it that suddenly 10+ have sources. Educated guesses . Be good if true but let's keep it real . No one knows

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Not convinced . We still have a manager so legally don't think anything be out there to anyone other than bloom etc . Let's face it for near on 3 years you could count the credible sources one hand. Even the Argus can't get a sniff of anything for years . Club is good at lockdown so I just don't buy it that suddenly 10+ have sources. Educated guesses . Be good if true but let's keep it real . No one knows

We do still have a manager yes, but not a Head Coach.....or Chief-Picker-Of-The-Team. Whats in a title after all?

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Heard from someone who's apparently 'in the know' that the next manager would be bringing Vicente back on a pay to play basis. Probably bullshit but..........

I am starting to believe this; i am either gullible, an idiot or a dreamer.

We will know how close to the truth it is if this thread gets pulled in the next couple of hours..........

Its still here so does that mean its true?

He isn't Harry Redknapp, Glenn Hoddle or Darren Ferguson.

Thank F@&*.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Heard from someone who's apparently 'in the know' that the next manager would be bringing Vicente back on a pay to play basis.

God I hope that doesn't happen. Apart from his childish outburst about Nasty Gus, I don't have any memories of him making a difference last season. In fact, he seemed to upset the pattern of play most of the time.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
All this 'we still have a manager' stuff is BS. You can be sacked in seconds;

'The club is saddened to announce that due to a number of breaches of contract Gus Poyet has been dismissed by the board this morning. However we are excited to inform fans that Oscar Garcia Junyent has accepted our offer, will be the new manager and will be presented to the media at 1200hrs today'.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

'The club is saddened to announce that due to a number of breaches of contract Gus Poyet has been dismissed by the board this morning. However we are excited to inform fans that Oscar Garcia Junyent has accepted our offer, will be the new manager and will be presented to the media at 1200hrs today'.

It would be great to wake up to that statement tomorrow.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Indeed, the new "manager" doesn't even have to be given the exact title of "manager" so any sacking isn't even a prerequisite.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Lol, no not at all. On paper the guy looks quality. I would be very concerned at his lack of experience in the championship. We saw on many occasions last season Poyet get totally out witted by the more experienced man. Still it's no secret Poyet was a money money money manager, this guy has already proved he is a winner. But I fear the Israeli prem league is a far cry from English championship. If it's him I will be 100% behind him, as I was Poyet until the mask started to slip. Just amazed more didn't notice it. But then they do say, bullshit baffles brains.

Wow. Not content with peddling your own laughable opinions on football and Gus' management, you're now attributing these thoughts to all of us! Amazing how you can be totally outwitted on so many occasions and wind up 4th! Then again, you're the guy who had a strop and disappeared off the board when we were winning and playing so well.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Think people are more excited he was Barca youth coach than about his year in Israel.

I'd rather him than Ferguson that's for sure. Good player etc. it's a risk but suit us probably

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Why on earth is Harry Redknap still a lot of bookies favourites though ?
He's more or less said he is staying put at QPR ! Don't understand this ?
Don't know enough about OGJ to form any opinion on wether he would be good for Albion or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here