Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If this is true, I would have a very small sex wee

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Not forgetting we still do have a manager

Quite, although Gus is not able to do much 'managing' at the moment, which is not helpful.

While all the speculation is flying around about who might be our next manager (I'm as guilty as many but not as a foregone conclusion) I still haven't written off Gus because there must be some chance he might remain so. In that case we will need to rally around him, however odd that might feel after recent events.

Given the timescale that has elapsed and even if Gus is reinstated I suspect that a line may have been crossed for one or both parties that will make the situation untenable and we will need a new manager.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I find it unlikely we'd have a new manager sorted whilst our current one is still suspended.
I sort of agree with this.

In what order does the club act, sack Gus and get a replacement or get the replacement in situ and then sack Gus, is there some sort of employment law against this sort of thing.

Nevertheless be great to have a manager with a proven track record to suit the Albion's current style of play and expand on what we already have.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
of course the club is putting the feelers out.....in a discreet way....

probably meeting people at holiday-inn's up and down the motorway system, with 'consuiltant representatives' who 'know people' linked to the albion.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I sort of agree with this.

In what order does the club act, sack Gus and get a replacement or get the replacement in situ and then sack Gus, is there some sort of employment law against this sort of thing.

Nevertheless be great to have a manager with a proven track record to suit the Albion's current style of play and expand on what we already have.

Exactly right, unless the club are much further down the line than we are assuming/led to believe.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Can't see it. I reckon Bloom will steer well clear of foreign managers. Especially foreign managers with no experience in the English Championship. Time will tell, with 52 days to go until the start of the new season, I hope this is sorted out within the next week. Players must be back for pre season next week.

of course the club is putting the feelers out.....in a discreet way....

probably meeting people at holiday-inn's up and down the motorway system, with 'consuiltant representatives' who 'know people' linked to the albion.

In which case they are acting in a manner that is underhand to an existing employee, which in turn leads to a breach of contract.

Barber out.
Bloom out.

CLUB OUT.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Can't see it. I reckon Bloom will steer well clear of foreign managers. Especially foreign managers with no experience in the English Championship. Time will tell, with 52 days to go until the start of the new season, I hope this is sorted out within the next week. Players must be back for pre season next week.

You'd hate this to be true, wouldn't you Kev?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here