Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia Junyent

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Why on earth is Harry Redknap still a lot of bookies favourites though ?
He's more or less said he is staying put at QPR ! Don't understand this ?
Don't know enough about OGJ to form any opinion on wether he would be good for Albion or not.

If I stuck a grand on him now he'd fall to 1/30 probably regardless of what he has stated himself oddly enough.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
He's more or less said he is staying put at QPR ! Don't understand this ?

The odds are almost entirely market driven with these books, they'll only push out Redknapp's price if sufficient money comes for someone else.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
So he's been a manager for one year in ISRAEL? And people are getting excited because of that. He sounds like a massive risk to me, and not as qualified for the job as Gus was even in 2009.

But Gus had been at Leeds and Swindon. Where as this guy as been in charge of Barca Developement squad and in his first season as full manager won the league in Israel by 13 points. And not so long ago he was being touted as Pep Guadiola's possible replacement at Barca.
http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...ltimately-replace-pep-guardiola-in-bar/page/5

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

'Arrys dog has bet £500 on it. That keeps 'Arry top of the betting, that makes him happy, and the dog gets an extra juicy bone. Everyone's a winner.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Did a quick search and this was one of the latest stories. But what does it all mean?!

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/oscar-garcia-cierra-las-puertas-regreso-barca-2402743

En 'Esports' de la COPE RSS Barça
Oscar García no cierra las puertas a un regreso al Barça

El técnico catalán estuvo en un programa de radio para repasar su futuro como entrenador y hablar sobre la actualidad que envuelve a Neymar y Deulofeu

Jordi de la Plaza | 28.05.2013 | 16:15h

El todavía actual entrenador del Maccabi de Tel Aviv, Óscar García Junyent, quien no seguirá la próxima temporada en el club israelita, declaró en el programa 'Esports' de la COPE que ha pasado toda la vida en el Barça y que, a pesar de no descartar un posible futuro regreso al Barça, asegura que ahora no es el momento de valorarlo.

"En el Barça hay un entrenador en el primer equipo, uno en el filial... Lo que tenga que venir, ya vendrá. Yo soy muy respetuoso con todos los entrenadores que tienen contrato y por ello no quiero hablar de hipótesis, cuando pase si es que pasa, será el momento de valorarlo”. “Me he pasado toda la vida en el Barça, pasé dos años muy a gusto en el juvenil, trabajando muy bien. Pero pensé que mi etapa en el juvenil ya se había acabado, que tenía que dar un paso adelante y así lo hice”

El técnico catalán asegura tener una buna relación con el actual presidente del Barça, Sandro Rossell: “Es buena, sí, nunca he tenido ningún problema con nadie”.

Junyent tuvo además unas palabras para dos de los jugadores que han estado en el ojo del huracán durante las últimas semanas, Deulofeu y Neymar: “Deulofeu es un jugador que tiene que jugar y participar. Tengo mucha fe en él para que llegue a ser el gran jugador que puede llegar a ser y para ello necesita jugar”. “Neymar futbolísticamente puede aportar mucho al equipo”.

Oscar Garcia did not close the door on a return to Barca

The Catalan coach was on a radio program to review its future as a coach and discuss currently engulfing Neymar and Deulofeu

Oscar Garcia Junyent, current coach of Maccabi Tel Aviv | Photo: EFE

Jordi Square | 28.05.2013 | 16:15 h

The still current coach of Maccabi Tel Aviv, Oscar Garcia Junyent, who will not follow the club next season in Israel, told the program 'Esports' of COPE who has spent a lifetime in the club and, despite not rule out a possible future return to Barca, says that now is not the time to value.

"In the club there is a first-team coach, one in the branch ... Whatever will come, will come. I am very respectful of all coaches under contract and therefore does not want to talk about hypothesis, when passing if it happens, it will be time to value. "" I've spent a lifetime in the club, I spent two years very comfortable in the youth, working fine. But I thought my time in the youth it was over, I had to take a step forward and I did "

The Catalan coach buna claims a relationship with the current Barca president, Sandro Rossell: "It's good, yeah, I've never had any problems with anyone."

Junyent also had some words for two of the players who have been in the public eye in recent weeks, Deulofeu and Neymar: "Deulofeu is a player who has to play and participate. I have great faith in it for it to become the great player he can be, and therefore needs to play. ""Neymar footballing can contribute much to the team."

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Deulofeu to play the Barnes role would be the single greatest loan anywhere in the world, in all history, if could pull it off. Far better than Lukaku etc. yet how would he break into Barca's line-up without experience. Dreams but has been mentioned repeatidly in 'if you could' type threads. Him and Mark Barta please Oscar ;)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No idea if this is going to happen or not, but I do think Bloom would make this kind of appointment. By that I mean someone who is expected to go places rather than someone who has been.

Given that there could be three jobs up for grabs, if the new manager does not bring his own assistant and or head coach, I would like to see Dean Wilkins back at the club in one of the jobs.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
So what you saying?

Just saying that Gus hadn't even been full manager yet of any club before he took charge of us. Where as Oscar has knowledge of playing at the highest level in Spain.Very successfully managing the Development squad and being tipped to manage the best team in the world and winning the league by 13 points (o.k it's Israel) in his first full season as coach. I'm a big Gus fan, but if he has to go I feel Oscar would be massive for us

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Almost certainly fixtures, but there is an article here which mentions he was thought to be the successor to Poyet and has been offered to coach Man City's 2nd team.

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...brighton&rlz=1C1SKPL_enGB401&biw=1280&bih=709

'In early December, the club asked him not to leave the job. Junyent Garcia had made an appointment to take account of three bids from abroad. The Manchester City, now it can be said, gave him the command of the second team and youth responsibility. The same Patrick Vieira, from the day they faced both teams, was marked with the name Oscar. And in Brighton it was thought to progress Poyet. And in Belgium, Genk would open the gates for next year if he answered the club at the time.'

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Be a great replacement in all honesty.
Not sure why anyone doubts his coaching ability.
Barcelona second string. Tipped for the top job there. Took a team that finished 6th to the title in 1st season abroad.
Spanish players would love it.
Contacts would be very good.
Could see a couple borrowed from the Barcelona B set up.
Top choice and much better than anyone else on that list.
God forbid anyone but harry.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Barcelona second string. Tipped for the top job there. Took a team that finished 6th to the title in 1st season abroad.

I'd be well pleased if he was our new manager. Keeps the same style of play - and would have some great contacts.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007

worst poem ever

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here