Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia has replaced Gus on the Legends Wall

Aug 23, 2011
To all of you whinging about Oscar being there in place of Gus: have you considered that space may be there purely for the current head coach/manager? Remember, we've only had the two since moving into the AMEX and Oscar may very well be replaced if/when he moves on.

Or, y'know, you could continue over-reacting. Either way is fine.

I'm sure this arguement has been done on other threads with the conclusion being that yes it is the position for the current manager or maybe i'm imagining things.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Another issue is while legal action is ongoing, it would be insane for Poyet to be on the "legends wall"

Poyet Lawyer, questioning : "So my client acted with such misconduct that he still appears outside your stadium on the 'legends wall'. Can't have done much wrong..."

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Another issue is while legal action is ongoing, it would be insane for Poyet to be on the "legends wall"

Poyet Lawyer, questioning : "So my client acted with such misconduct that he still appears outside your stadium on the 'legends wall'. Can't have done much wrong..."

Club: But despite the "gross misconduct", charge we still respect and acknowledge the work Mr Poyet undertook whilst at the club.....

Swings and roundabouts and not relevant to the dismissal case IMO.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
To all of you whinging about Oscar being there in place of Gus: have you considered that space may be there purely for the current head coach/manager? Remember, we've only had the two since moving into the AMEX and Oscar may very well be replaced if/when he moves on.

Or, y'know, you could continue over-reacting. Either way is fine.

strange they didn't change it until after the Newport game then...

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
Totally wrong that is a insult to real legends of our great club

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Well they didn't look very motivated to me, for a one off 90 min all or nothing game.

I'd imagine nerves, occasion, etc, played a big part

Everyone was building them up as favourites, and talking like we were already promoted. Palace had nothing to lose.

Also we hadn't really had a game with much riding on it for a long time, Palace had several games which were potentially decisive in whether they were getting into the play-offs or not so they were better prepared mentally from that respect. We cruised into the play-offs without really having to try, suddenly you have a pressure game like the 2nd leg and it can prevent players from playing well.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
strange they didn't change it until after the Newport game then...

When did Gus say he was going to take us to court over his dismissal? - Was it at sometime between the Newport game and the Derby match? could explain why it was removed

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know the guy that prints these and the years 2009-2013 were added to Poyet's banner 26th July. On the 9th August, Poyet's banner was removed altogether and replaced by Oscar.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I'd imagine nerves, occasion, etc, played a big part

Everyone was building them up as favourites, and talking like we were already promoted. Palace had nothing to lose.

Also we hadn't really had a game with much riding on it for a long time, Palace had several games which were potentially decisive in whether they were getting into the play-offs or not so they were better prepared mentally from that respect. We cruised into the play-offs without really having to try, suddenly you have a pressure game like the 2nd leg and it can prevent players from playing well.

All that can be true, as could a million other reasons. Fact is due to everything we now know to have gone on, there will always be a big cloud over that game. Team selection, tactics, motivation, body language, post match interviews, poogate, Vicente....There are many more questions than answers about that night...There are many people in this world that if they knew they were a gonna whatever the outcome, would love to stick it to there employers at there biggest moment of need.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All that can be true, as could a million other reasons. Fact is due to everything we now know to have gone on, there will always be a big cloud over that game. Team selection, tactics, motivation, body language, post match interviews, poogate, Vicente....There are many more questions than answers about that night...There are many people in this world that if they knew they were a gonna whatever the outcome, would love to stick it to there employers at there biggest moment of need.

And the whole team was in on it, eh? Let's lose the chance of Wembley just for Gus.

D

Deleted member 18477

Oscar Garcia isn't a Brighton legend.

Gus Poyet isn't either.

Should have that space blank...

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Poyet and Mullery should both still be there.

Oscar (not yet) and Leon should not.

Poyet should never have been there. Mullery should have always been there. Agree with Leon!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Oscar Garcia isn't a Brighton legend.

Gus Poyet isn't either.

Should have that space blank...

Gus Poyet is the single most important person involved with the football side of the club for that last 25 years. The job he did here was sublime, there isn't a single other person who has done as much from a footballing perspective.

Oscar shouldn't be there. He doesn't deserve to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here