Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia has replaced Gus on the Legends Wall

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Poyet was defo there when I went to the fans forum on 1st Aug and the 2013 bit was added. Defo not there on Saturday at 1.45pm but Garcia was.... FACT lol

Gus got taken down and they added the 2013 bit and was put back up, on Saturday at 2.00pm he has been replaced by Oscar so im not sure why they bothered adding the dates.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Maybe adding the "2013" to Gus' picture was how they told him he was getting sacked that Sunday night?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
As there are so many other ex players & managers that people would like to see up there, why don't the club do the same thing round the East side of the stadium by the grass bank?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
People take the legends wall far too seriously no visiting supporters care who is up there and regardless of who the club put up there our fans will still have their own individual opinions of who is a legend.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
"Also, I am not sure who has termed this a "LEGENDS WALL" but my understanding is that it isn't that - it's a piece of artwork commissioned to a local Albion-supporting artist. It features iconic images and players from the club's history, but it is not a wall of club-chosen legends."

Is there really much difference between "iconic players" and "legends" just seems to be about terminology to me ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's the current manager spot for Oscar

I doubt Gus will be on there during any legal action, but not impossible he'll replace Leon Knight one day.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Is there really much difference between "iconic players" and "legends" just seems to be about terminology to me ?

The people saying "It's not a Legends wall!" are just trying to excuse its crapness. And I take Seasider78's point, it shouldn't really matter to me, but I find I DO get irrationally irritated whenever I see it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

It doesn't say iconic players, it says iconic images. An iconic image captures a moment, a moment that involves a player who might not contribute much to our overall history, a player who might not have connected with the fan base or stayed around much, it is just a picture that sums up an event or an era or an emotion etc. You see an iconic image and the memories come flooding back, you know what it represents and the emotions you had invested in that.

A legend is a person who maybe was involved in those iconic moments, or maybe contributed to the history of the club in another way, formed a bond with the fans and felt like he was one of us, and so on.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Is this supposed to be a picture of the banner furthest south where Gus's banner used to be?

He was there for the friendly games, (think the dates were added before those or for the Norwich game) he was there for the Newport cup match but not there for the Derby game on Saturday as garcia was instead. - I would have thought pretty soon after he confirmed he was taking legal action, the banner was removed

Ps - Its never been a Legends wall, some fans have assumed it is but it wasn't intended as such, they are just iconic images by a local artist which is how the club described it from day 1.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did we ever lose 3 in a row under gus?

Yes.

2009/10
leeds/norwich/charlton (his 2nd to 4th games as manager)

2011/12
middlesbrough/burnley/reading and burnley/reading/coventry
(it was four games in a row, so it's deceptive to list it like that, but you asked for three games in a row...)

and later in the season
burnley/reading/west ham

There were also periods of lots of games without a win

Leicester to watford saw LDLLDDLDL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here