Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia has replaced Gus on the Legends Wall

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Quite rightly so , Oscar is our new Messiah.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
So a man who has presided over three calamitous defeats is more worthy of recognition than a man who moved us 41 places up the Football League in three years. How utterly ridiculous.

Err, Gus was booted out for gross misconduct.

Do you really think the club would want to retain his image on the wall?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Of course the current manager should be there.

I suspect the number of BHA fans who think Leon Knight should be there is in single digits.

Mullery? Of course. But where do you stop with something like this? How do you define a legend? I mean, you could argue the case for Johnny Crumplin, or Ian Baird, or Jeff Minton ... not necessarily based on their sublime skills but because they gained some sort of cult status at a particular time and are remembered in a way most others aren't.

Having said all that, I'm in the East and never see those flags, so ultimately don't really care at all.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So a man who has presided over three calamitous defeats is more worthy of recognition than a man who moved us 41 places up the Football League in three years. How utterly ridiculous.
Spot on. That whole wall is a sad joke skewed FAR too much towards the modern era. The omission of the great names already mentioned and the inclusion of players such as Paul Rodgers is scandalous.

So, I suppose in that respect replacing Poyet with Garcia is pretty much in keeping with the whole execution of what could have been a great feature.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
IT IS NOT A LEGENDS WALL!!

Ahem. Sorry for shouting. It's keeps coming up, people keep calling it a legends wall, but it was never intended to be one. As has been said many times (notably during lots of 'should Leon knight be on it?' discussions). I'm sure there's a quote from insider about it in the ask the club section (that has been cited many times on the main board during similar discussions).

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
IT IS NOT A LEGENDS WALL!!

Ahem. Sorry for shouting. It's keeps coming up, people keep calling it a legends wall, but it was never intended to be one. As has been said many times (notably during lots of 'should Leon knight be on it?' discussions). I'm sure there's a quote from insider about it in the ask the club section (that has been cited many times on the main board during similar discussions).

What is it then?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Poyet was still up there on Saturday.

he wasn't there on Saturday....

Who to believe?

What is it then?

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?207168-Gary-Hart-Legend

"Also, I am not sure who has termed this a "LEGENDS WALL" but my understanding is that it isn't that - it's a piece of artwork commissioned to a local Albion-supporting artist. It features iconic images and players from the club's history, but it is not a wall of club-chosen legends."

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
"Also, I am not sure who has termed this a "LEGENDS WALL" but my understanding is that it isn't that - it's a piece of artwork commissioned to a local Albion-supporting artist. It features iconic images and players from the club's history, but it is not a wall of club-chosen legends."
I do remember the discussions, but I'm afraid 'Legends Wall' is what's stuck. And if it just a 'piece of artwork' then it's execution is shocking, it's like doing a picture of the Crucifixion, missing out Jesus and focussing on one of the spear-carriers.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Oscar was there on Saturday at the end on the left. I noticed as I do walk that way.:blush:

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
he wasn't there on Saturday....

Yes he was. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376559230.191025.jpg

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
From now on I shall remember to call it 'That Piece of Artwork That Contains Club Designated Icons and Images" (Metal, Nylon and Canvas. 2011)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Err, Gus was booted out for gross misconduct.

Do you really think the club would want to retain his image on the wall?

For the same reason as Leon Knight is on there I guess, it shouldn't matter how it ends if what went before was of legendary status for what happened on the pitch. I will always think of Gus as a legendary manager, even if I was pretty unimpressed with some of the things he said at times. It's petty and small minded to remove him. I'm disappointed with whoever thought he should be removed, if indeed he has been...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here