Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Open Letter to NSC - re: Palace Trolls

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
^ Wow.

I guess I just don't get it. Not that it bothers me, but I like understanding certain social phenomena, but I guess I just have to accept that there are certain things that are inherently unknowable.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
This is true, but the knob cheese will be back if palace win on Monday not to mention a few new accounts.

That's the beauty of an open forum, you can rub noses in when we win but have to take it back if we lose. Such is life. Personally I know not to open any threads that may cause me unnecessary distress after a whooping.

Just enjoy today.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
^ Wow.

I guess I just don't get it. Not that it bothers me, but I like understanding certain social phenomena, but I guess I just have to accept that there are certain things that are inherently unknowable.

After Monday, you'll either notice a huge (but brief) increase or a complete drop-off as they skulk back to their hole.
Summer will be a lot more tranquil, unless Bridders or Gus leave.

After so many years on this forum, you just learn not to get too riled up by what our friends up the A23 say. They're just jealous :)
It's the idiotic Brighton trolls that really bug me.

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
^ Thanks for your erudite reply. I don't get bothered by it, I just don't understand the attraction of becoming a troll.

Hopefully the latter two things don't happen.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I will accept that I am a pejoratively-termed "JCL" to North Stand Chat, yes, that is true. I hope the implication is not that I am a "JCL" fan of Brighton. Granted I've only been in the UK since 2006, but that is the year I went to my first match at the Withdean. I got tickets from the FDM. What a legend.

Oh and if you must, I'd prefer Dr JCL. Thanks. :D

You are far to reasonable for this forum, my advice is leave. What do yo have a phd in?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Thanks! The short version is International Security, specializing in unconventional weapons proliferation.

That is very interesting. You had much to do with the IEDs?

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
So is it worse prior to Palace games? My experience with other forums (Calgary Flames - NHL) is that oppo fans are always on there trying to wind people up, regardless if they are playing one another.

One of my best ever sporting experiences; a night at the saddledome. Was truly amazeballs and still have my Calgary Flames puck on my desk today.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Not really. More state programmes, WMD (though I deplore the term) and such.

But I digress...

Digression is allowed! It's not trolling. Diversity keeps the thread alive. :)
So, in that case, any experience with the lack of WMD's Iraq?

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
Digression is allowed! It's not trolling. Diversity keeps the thread alive. :)
So, in that case, any experience with the lack of WMD's Iraq?

Yes lots. Though I've not been to Iraq personally but I do know the guys who wrote the 2004 Iraq Survey Group report that detailed their proscribed weapons programmes. Half of my PhD looked at the Iraq programmes from inception through UNSCOM to OIF.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
People should grow a pair or give up supporting football if they can't handle a bit of winding up - on the Internet or otherwise.

I don't think that there has been much palace trolling since the st paddy's day massacre anyway. The palace fans that have remained can't be classed as trolls in the wake of that game; in fact they should be admired for continuing to post here, even if they are misguided pikey Nigels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here