Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Online ticket buying confusion

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But where can we add people? I can't find it anywhere!

There is no standalone F&F function on the site (I mean - why would there be?!?)

Normally, you can only do it as part of a ticketing transaction, so you select the number of tickets you want to buy and then you assign those tickets to people in your F&F list.

It's working slightly differently with the Arsenal game and tickets being reserved - when I go to the list of reserved tickets I get a random looking list of 5 of my F&F and myself. You and mini-you aren't being displayed. From what others have said - buy yours as you and then login as mini-you (if that's what the issue is) and buy that ticket separately.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
But where can we add people? I can't find it anywhere!

When you go into the website and click on the Arsenal tickets bit, does it then show tickets for you & Little Miss Lazarou on the page?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just go into 'home games' and select the Arsenal game. My season ticket seats then came up. There isn't the normal 'my tickets' tab.

Ah I think we're talking about different things. I've purchased my seat this way, but I can't purchase my daughters seat. I wanted to add her as Friends and Family, but can't see where to add Friends and Family.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I can only reserve a north stand ticket for myself not my two kids who also have season tickets!!! - although I think U18 tickets are only in the East?

Lord knows

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There is no standalone F&F function on the site (I mean - why would there be?!?)

Normally, you can only do it as part of a ticketing transaction, so you select the number of tickets you want to buy and then you assign those tickets to people in your F&F list.

It's working slightly differently with the Arsenal game and tickets being reserved - when I go to the list of reserved tickets I get a random looking list of 5 of my F&F and myself. You and mini-you aren't being displayed. From what others have said - buy yours as you and then login as mini-you (if that's what the issue is) and buy that ticket separately.

My original post explained that I can't login as her (no ldea as to the password) and the forgotten password funtion is not sending the email it claims to send.

If I 'register' her as a new user on the site it doesn't allow me to associate her with her season ticket number - so no joy there.

I fear I'll be ringing up at some point :(

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Owners to what?

Look in your basket, once clicked on there it should show all tickets you have, within that there is a assign to owners button, click on that, at the bottom of the next page give you the option to add friends & family.

Once added double check your name is not highlighted for all tickets, you once added then can drop to the name added this is the assign option as they have now been added as friends & family.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Look in your basket, once clicked on there it should show all tickets you have, within that there is a assign to owners button, click on that, at the bottom of the next page give you the option to add friends & family.

Once added double check your name is not highlighted for all tickets, you once added then can drop to the name added this is the assign option as they have now been added as friends & family.

thanks - but that's not the problem...

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Anyone else order print at home tickets over 3 hours ago and still not been sent the link??

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No. It does not.

Ah. Under normal circumstances- and I only found this out myself earlier this season thanks to Bozza- you select (say) two seats in the Number Of Tickets bit, and then it comes up with two seats, which you then have to Assign to individuals, thus ensuring only suitably vetted sorts get hold of them. Only at that point could I add a new F&F to the existing list, which is slightly confusing.

The flaw seems to arise with an oversubscribed game like this one. I don't know if there's an option to select two seats anywhere. I presume not, from what you've said. Mine just automatically opened the page showing my ticket and the F&F one that I was after, so I booked them both on the spot.

Have you tried booking LML's ticket separately now?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ah. Under normal circumstances- and I only found this out myself earlier this season thanks to Bozza- you select (say) two seats in the Number Of Tickets bit, and then it comes up with two seats, which you then have to Assign to individuals, thus ensuring only suitably vetted sorts get hold of them. Only at that point could I add a new F&F to the existing list, which is slightly confusing.

The flaw seems to arise with an oversubscribed game like this one. I don't know if there's an option to select two seats anywhere. I presume not, from what you've said. Mine just automatically opened the page showing my ticket and the F&F one that I was after, so I booked them both on the spot.

Have you tried booking LML's ticket separately now?

That's where my second problem lies.

I don't know her password (I have her Fan No), and the option 'Forgot Password' doesn't send an email like it claims to do.

So, I can't move forward.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That's where my second problem lies.

I don't know her password (I have her Fan No), and the option 'Forgot Password' doesn't send an email like it claims to do.

So, I can't move forward.

Hmmm. She's- what- eight?

Try "DOYOUWANNABUILDASNOWMAN" :thumbsup:

As an aside, I imagine the emails are all getting caught in the ether currently, what with the standard complete system overload & all. You'll probably receive it about 3am, when we all get our print-at-home ones.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dear whoever signed off this massively shit system. I have done you the favour of writing up a few basic test cases in easy to follow language because, my suspicion is, they were not done by your supplier. Or you.

TEST CASE 1 - forgotten password.

Test step: Log in to system with correct fan number and password that is not correct.
Expected Result: User is prompted to enter the correct password
Actual Result: User is given no information whatsoever other than that the login is invalid:
Test fails. Error is currently in production

TEST CASE 2 - reset password.
Test step: Request new password
Expected Result: Receive an immediate email with new password in because that's what the message says
Actual Result: User waits three hours for reset email
Test fails. Error is currently in production. Note - probably worth testing under load and stress.

TEST CASE 3 - User is buying tickets for him and his son who are on the same DD and linked via friends and family.
Test step: Go in to reserved seats and check to see how many are displayed
Expected Result: User sees two tickets, one for each person on his DD / Friends and Family list
Actual Result: User sees only one ticket. Referring to the SNAFU documentation (NSC) he hits refresh and sees both tickets

TEST CASE 4 - ticket purchase
Test step: Attempt to buy the tickets after refreshing
Expected Result: Tickets can be bought - system has automatically assigned owner.
Actual Result: User cannot buy tickets without manually assigning an owner. User has to work this out for himself

TEST CASE 5 - printing
Test step: Click "Print Confirmation Form"
Expected Result: Confirmation form printed
Actual Result: Blank piece of paper except for the url as a footer and a teesy tiny box are printed. Suggested workaround - use a screen grab to cut and paste and print from Word. Write long rant on NSC

Repeat each test on each allowed combination of Browser, device and OS. DON'T FORGET. Test this works at high volume. DON'T FORGET.

That'll be £600 please.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Dear whoever signed off this massively shit system. I have done you the favour of writing up a few basic test cases in easy to follow language because, my suspicion is, they were not done by your supplier. Or you.

TEST CASE 1 - forgotten password.

Test step: Log in to system with correct fan number and password that is not correct.
Expected Result: User is prompted to enter the correct password
Actual Result: User is given no information whatsoever other than that the login is invalid:

TEST CASE 2 - reset password.
Test step: Request new password
Expected Result: Receive an immediate email with new password in because that's what the message says
Actual Result: User waits three hours for reset email
Test fails. Error is currently in production. Note - probably worth testing under load and stress.

TEST CASE 3 - User is buying tickets for him and his son who are on the same DD and linked via friends and family.
Test step: Go in to reserved seats and check to see how many are displayed
Expected Result: User sees two tickets, one for each person on his DD / Friends and Family list
Actual Result: User sees only one ticket. Referring to the SNAFU documentation (NSC) he hits refresh and sees both tickets

TEST CASE 4 - ticket purchase
Test step: Attempt to buy the tickets after refreshing
Expected Result: Tickets can be bought - system has automatically assigned owner.
Actual Result: User cannot buy tickets without manually assigning an owner. User has to work this out for himself

TEST CASE 5 - printing
Test step: Click "Print Confirmation Form"
Expected Result: Confirmation form printed
Actual Result: Blank piece of paper except for the url as a footer and a teesy tiny box are printed. Suggested workaround - use a screen grab to cut and paste and print from Word. Write long rant on NSC

Repeat each test on each allowed combination of Browser, device and OS. DON'T FORGET. Test this works at high volume. DON'T FORGET.

That'll be £600 please.

Priority and Severity must be High or Critical on all of these.

Estimated fix date?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Print at home ticket now arrived. Non-panic over. No idea why the system doesn't work uniformly for everyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here