Online poker, anyone play?? just done my bankroll on 1 hand.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
What website was this on?

And it is all a lie, you can't buy in on 10/20 with $8K +.

Max is $2K, unless some random website?!

In other poker news my best mate from school just won 800,000 euro's coming 2nd in WSOPE!

Oct 17, 2011
What website was this on?

And it is all a lie, you can't buy in on 10/20 with $8K +.

Max is $2K, unless some random website?!

In other poker news my best mate from school just won 800,000 euro's coming 2nd in WSOPE!

Please dont patronise me and accuse me of lying, mud sticks and I am new on here.

When you get to Supernova on Pokerstars you get invited to allsorts of non standard games online.

I was playing a table of 10/20 with a max buy in of 10k.

Chris is a top player by the way. Great result for him.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Now I'm by no means a master poker player - I play online for a bit of fun and very low stakes, but...

If I was holding KK and the flop was 9K9, followed by the betting pattern "I bet 120 dollars, he raises to 400 dollars, I re-raise to 1350 dollars, he goes all in", my immediate thought would be that he has quads, or is banking on a major bluff. I would probably have folded at the other guys all-in bet.

Oct 17, 2011
Now I'm by no means a master poker player - I play online for a bit of fun and very low stakes, but...

If I was holding KK and the flop was 9K9, followed by the betting pattern "I bet 120 dollars, he raises to 400 dollars, I re-raise to 1350 dollars, he goes all in", my immediate thought would be that he has quads, or is banking on a major bluff. I would probably have folded at the other guys all-in bet.

Maybe because you play low stakes.

Totally different game, its much more ABC than the medium stakes.

But well done, great lie down.:guns:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Please dont patronise me and accuse me of lying, mud sticks and I am new on here.

When you get to Supernova on Pokerstars you get invited to allsorts of non standard games online.

I was playing a table of 10/20 with a max buy in of 10k.

Chris is a top player by the way. Great result for him.

I think frank is telling the truth for what it's worth. Too much accurate detail to be telling porkies imo. He could teach me a thing about poker!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Maybe because you play low stakes.

Totally different game, its much more ABC than the medium stakes.

But well done, great lie down.:guns:

You're most likely right - I wouldn't even have been at the same table as you :laugh: Probably because I would lay a hand down like that as I wouldn't have the bottle to call it - even at the low stakes I play!

Unlucky fella and hope you get your bank roll back up soon :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Your point about the whole bank roll is interesting.

I like to take the maximum to any cash game, so if people dont then I can flex my muscles so to speak.
If the original post is all true etc, then you are clearly a better poker player than me, so far be it for me to tell you what to do. But :D I don't understand the concept of flexing your muscles in a cash game. It's not like a tournament where the winner takes all, so those with a short stack can be pushed around. On a cash table, money is money regardless of how much is in front of you. If the player that took your money (the lucky swine) won £1m last year, it's not like he had his entire bankroll at the table, whereas you did. No professional player can take their entire bankroll to a table, because if you do you can effectively lose your job.

Oct 17, 2011
If the original post is all true etc, then you are clearly a better poker player than me, so far be it for me to tell you what to do. But :D I don't understand the concept of flexing your muscles in a cash game. It's not like a tournament where the winner takes all, so those with a short stack can be pushed around. On a cash table, money is money regardless of how much is in front of you. If the player that took your money (the lucky swine) won £1m last year, it's not like he had his entire bankroll at the table, whereas you did. No professional player can take their entire bankroll to a table, because if you do you can effectively lose your job.

Losing money is alot more stressful than losing chips in a tourney.

People see it as actual money which you pointed out, so bullying is a strong tool of my game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Losing money is alot more stressful than losing chips in a tourney.

People see it as actual money which you pointed out, so bullying is a strong tool of my game.
But people can only lose their stack, and they should only take in what they can lose, so like you say, not think of it as money. Fortunately, you'll now have to start from the beginning (again), and you'll learn (/remember how) to win without a big stack, and in the future you'll be able to keep growing your bankroll without ever taking much of it into a game.

And the bit about you learning is not patronising, because if we were sharing advice I'd be the one with the notepad. But if you are earning a living from poker you just can't risk your entire bankroll every time you play.

Oct 17, 2011
But people can only lose their stack, and they should only take in what they can lose, so like you say, not think of it as money. Fortunately, you'll now have to start from the beginning (again), and you'll learn (/remember how) to win without a big stack, and in the future you'll be able to keep growing your bankroll without ever taking much of it into a game.

And the bit about you learning is not patronising, because if we were sharing advice I'd be the one with the notepad. But if you are earning a living from poker you just can't risk your entire bankroll every time you play.

I dont earn a living from it Trigs.

You should sit down in a cash game with the amount of money in front of you what you are willing to lose if its a hobby. (not all about the money)

I paid the price for not taking that money and my decent form serious enough.

2/4 it is from after the weekend.lol.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because Frank's bet wasn't raised pre-flop, I'd be tempted to think they weren't holding bullets, so I would be concerned about 9s, but I'd never be laying down cowboys on a K99 flop. You'll win against 9s over Kings and bluffs more than you'll lose against 4 9s.

At the end of the day, it's one lost hand, and guess what - you can't win every hand.
You should sit down in a cash game with the amount of money in front of you what you are willing to lose if its a hobby. (not all about the money)
No, you need to be able to lose it all regardless of whether it's a hobby or career.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Your point about the whole bank roll is interesting.

I like to take the maximum to any cash game, so if people dont then I can flex my muscles so to speak. I think you also cant base your decisions on the actual money side of things, you have to treat money as un-important. However thats how I felt up until now.

Almost impossible to get away from that hand.

I was starving a while ago, now just wiped out.

Feel the same as my first love dumped me when I was 17.lol.

100X BB is enough to go to war $2000 at that level, for most of the 6 months you wouldn't have had $8k at the table anyway as you had built up you say

Exmouth Seagull

Sep 11, 2003
That's one hell of a sick beat. But it must be in the back of your mind that quads is a possibilty with so much action. You should never put your whole bankroll on one table again or you'll end up going busto. Good BRM is crucial, the OP has learned this lesson the hard way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports