Online poker, anyone play?? just done my bankroll on 1 hand.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oct 17, 2011
So i play poker, live and online.

At the stage where i could of gone full time up until about an hour ago.

Just lost my entire bankroll ($8,390) in one hand.

I was playing 10/20 cash online.

I have KK and raise 3 times the BB, i get one caller, the flop comes down

9K9

so i have flopped the full house, i check, he checks

next card a 3

I bet 120 dollars, he raises to 400 dollars, I am putting him on AA or he has a 9, so i am thinking I am miles ahead, I re-raise to 1350 dollars, he goes all in. He has about 11k so I am covered..

I call, cards are shown, he has quad 9's which beat my full house.

Absolutely gutted, taken me 6 months to get to this level..

OUCH.

:sick::sick::sick:

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place

9K9

next card a 3

I bet 120 dollars, he raises to 400 dollars, I am putting him on AA or he has a 9, so i am thinking I am miles ahead, I re-raise to 1350 dollars, he goes all in. He has about 11k so I am covered..

OUCH.

Jeez! Head up mate, you've done it once you can do it again.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks

9K9

next card a 3

OUCH.

Can you imagine how much he is laughing ?

tough one mate, learn the lesson and start again ;)

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
That's harsh. It's easy to say we wouldn't have done that when we don't have the cards in our hand but it'd be tempting. The thing to learn from this is never take your whole bankroll to the table so you can't give in to temptation to bet big and get a freak loss like this one. As others have said though, if you've got to that point once already, you've clearly got the skill to get back there again.

Oct 17, 2011
That's harsh. It's easy to say we wouldn't have done that when we don't have the cards in our hand but it'd be tempting. The thing to learn from this is never take your whole bankroll to the table so you can't give in to temptation to bet big and get a freak loss like this one. As others have said though, if you've got to that point once already, you've clearly got the skill to get back there again.

Your point about the whole bank roll is interesting.

I like to take the maximum to any cash game, so if people dont then I can flex my muscles so to speak. I think you also cant base your decisions on the actual money side of things, you have to treat money as un-important. However thats how I felt up until now.

Almost impossible to get away from that hand.

I was starving a while ago, now just wiped out.

Feel the same as my first love dumped me when I was 17.lol.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
That's why I hate online poker, what else could you have done in that situation? You couldn't walk away from that hand. Euggghh. At least you can get a tell if playing in real life.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Ouch Frank. You have clearly done a lot of things right over the past few months, and it is very easy to be wise after the event... but from what I remember, the advice is only to take between 5 and 10% of your bankroll to the table at any one time.

As you say, it will take some time to get over this... but good luck - and don't go on tilt and make a bad situation worse!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Ouch Frank. You have clearly done a lot of things right over the past few months, and it is very easy to be wise after the event... but from what I remember, the advice is only to take between 5 and 10% of your bankroll to the table at any one time.

As you say, it will take some time to get over this... but good luck - and don't go on tilt and make a bad situation worse!

mmm have just re-read Chris Ferguson's web page... and he says no more than 2%.... blimey :eek:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Sick and you can't be criticised for that play. The comments re bankroll are entirely accurate but once you've sat down with 400BB you're obviously risking committing it. Hope you can work it up again

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
No professional player would ever sit down with their entire bankroll for this very scenario.

Also, after the turn why would you put him on AA? His actions up to here don't look like someone with AA. X9 yes, but AA? Saying that, I've never played at these levels, though.

Last edited:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

9K9

next card a 3

OUCH.

Feel for you- a sick hand - I play a lot on line an know cash games are where you can make your money - but also stating the bleeding abvious lose it all I have to agree that taking your entire bankroll to the table is risky - i do feel for you though mate.
I dont play at that level just grind out games $5 and $10 SNG.

Billy big bollox to you mate for risking it - unlucky.

Oct 17, 2011
No professional player would ever sit down with their entire bankroll for this very scenario.

Also, after the turn why would you put him on AA? His actions up to here don't look like someone with AA. X9 yes, but AA? Saying that, I've never played at these levels, though.

It was to do with the player himself.

In my notes he had flat called AA 3 times in 140ish hands, and he was tight/aggresive so to call with A9 3 times the BB I thought was out of his range.

I mulled over the final call, and even If he had the other K it would have been a chop.

2/4 again fills me with dread to be honest.

See how I go in a few MTT's.

Then consider cash games again.

I can tell you for sure I will NEVER use my whole bank roll again, you learn as you go in this game. I have read so much about not using all of it, but I liked using the max for that level. Arrogance and stupidity all wrapped up in a nice little parcel for the devil in me.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
It was to do with the player himself.

In my notes he had flat called AA 3 times in 140ish hands, and he was tight/aggresive so to call with A9 3 times the BB I thought was out of his range.

I mulled over the final call, and even If he had the other K it would have been a chop.

2/4 again fills me with dread to be honest.

See how I go in a few MTT's.

Then consider cash games again.

I can tell you for sure I will NEVER use my whole bank roll again, you learn as you go in this game. I have read so much about not using all of it, but I liked using the max for that level. Arrogance and stupidity all wrapped up in a nice little parcel for the devil in me.

Eh? Nah, this is a wind-up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports