Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Online poker, anyone play?? just done my bankroll on 1 hand.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
It was to do with the player himself.

In my notes he had flat called AA 3 times in 140ish hands, and he was tight/aggresive so to call with A9 3 times the BB I thought was out of his range.

I mulled over the final call, and even If he had the other K it would have been a chop.

2/4 again fills me with dread to be honest.

See how I go in a few MTT's.

Then consider cash games again.

I can tell you for sure I will NEVER use my whole bank roll again, you learn as you go in this game. I have read so much about not using all of it, but I liked using the max for that level. Arrogance and stupidity all wrapped up in a nice little parcel for the devil in me.

Then he would have 2 pair shirley, if he had K x.

Maybe I'm wrong, and that's why Slick beats me now and then.

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Reckon online poker is fixed - funny how when you have a decent pair QQ, KK, AA etc everyone else on the table also seems to have high pairs and someone usually hits trips, full house etc to beat you. I am also amazed at how often I seem to get the same denomination cards, different suits the next game i.e. I get dealt 9C, 7H one hand then the following hand I get 9D, 7S - it happens more often than it ever would in live poker. I learnt long ago not to slow play AA and always put in a massive raise as I always get burnt (some say you shouldn't slow play AA in live poker either but it always happens that i get burnt online!)
I never play on pay-for sites as I have been on several and all had the above problems - I play on the free poker on Facebook, it's a different game as no one is playing for money and people raise with silly cards but i just do it for a bit of fun.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
who would not have done the same? I would have. that is a serious bad beat.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
who would not have done the same? I would have. that is a serious bad beat.

Not saying I wouldn't have done the same (obviously not my whole roll), but sorry, it's not even a bad beat. When all the money went in Frank was behind and drawing to one card. Sick hand yes, bad beat no.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Not saying I wouldn't have done the same (obviously not my whole roll), but sorry, it's not even a bad beat. When all the money went in Frank was behind and drawing to one card. Sick hand yes, bad beat no.

I see. What is your definition of badbeat?

Oct 17, 2011
Reckon online poker is fixed - funny how when you have a decent pair QQ, KK, AA etc everyone else on the table also seems to have high pairs and someone usually hits trips, full house etc to beat you. I am also amazed at how often I seem to get the same denomination cards, different suits the next game i.e. I get dealt 9C, 7H one hand then the following hand I get 9D, 7S - it happens more often than it ever would in live poker. I learnt long ago not to slow play AA and always put in a massive raise as I always get burnt (some say you shouldn't slow play AA in live poker either but it always happens that i get burnt online!)
I never play on pay-for sites as I have been on several and all had the above problems - I play on the free poker on Facebook, it's a different game as no one is playing for money and people raise with silly cards but i just do it for a bit of fun.

Its not fixed.

I play a live tourney once a week and see crazy beats alot.

Its just poker.

Mcshane - You have lost me lol.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
well at least you got to play your bankroll , i lost mine when full tilt went tits up and ive more chance of seeing it again as us signing a chilean international

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
well at least you got to play your bankroll , i lost mine when full tilt went tits up and ive more chance of seeing it again as us signing a chilean international

Indeed... any news of what is likely to hapen with this? Surely there are thousands of unhappy people with money tied up in Full Tilt? Is there a pressure group anywhere trying to find out what's going on ?

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
You made your biggest mistake before a hand was dealt. Bankroll management is a vital component of successful poker play and you should never play with anywhere near your whole bankroll.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
When the money goes in on the flop and you're miles ahead with the opponent drawing to two cards and he hits them on the turn and river. Makes you want to put your head through the screen.

Ok, i got you, i think i misunderstood bad beat then. I thought it was when you had an outstanding hand but got beaten.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Indeed... any news of what is likely to hapen with this? Surely there are thousands of unhappy people with money tied up in Full Tilt? Is there a pressure group anywhere trying to find out what's going on ?

there was supposed to be some sort of inquiry sometime in august , what happens next i do not know .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here