"One Club, One Ambition"

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
So hypothetically if Stephen Ward is one of the main targets would you be happy if we had signed Konchesky instead ? What if one of the targets is currently at a Spanish or German club and we signed Baldock instead ?

I would be happy for Ward to sign, but my original point stands, in that why hasn't he signed already? And I had the same feeling about foreign imports, in that another under-the-radar bod might be on the way from abroad. Just as long as we don't get left at the altar...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Seriously, if we have to have something as intrinsically dumbing down as a slogan in big letters plastered up, couldn't the gormless, brainless arsehats that get paid more than me to write that kind of bland BS have used something even slightly relevant to us?

Something related to the lyrics of Sussex By The Sea maybe, or even - referencing the very recent dark times that we've survived AND a song we actually used to sing at the Goldstone whenever we went a goal up - "Brighton Are Back"?

Seems like anything that smacks of substance that is particular to OUR club just gets dismissed by this bland Nike-fication that goes on, generally without any consideration.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
25fe055c-fcbb-41a2-a0cd-1a4d8d9d5ae7_800.jpg

"One Club. One Ambition" is indeed a prime example of generic, meaniningless, soul-destroying corporate-speak at its finest.

I'd also have preferred it if JFC didn't have a pouting "OHHHH MATRON" expression slapped all over his 6ft face on the side of my football ground. He looks like a startled ferret.
It's only a logo FFS Why all the negativity in trying to be a little creative? I can understand people moaning about our squad where is really matters but this? Come on Easy i expected more from you. As for using JFC, the lad has just signed a new contract and probably not going anywhere fast. Also he is easily the best looking player at the club. Great image and all that.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Out of interest, I wonder how much the club paid some design company to come up with this logo?, £100,00 - £150K?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's only a logo FFS Why all the negativity in trying to be a little creative? I can understand people moaning about our squad where is really matters but this? Come on Easy i expected more from you. As for using JFC, the lad has just signed a new contract and probably not going anywhere fast. Also he is the best looking player at the club. Great image and all that.

Thats just the point though - its not creative at all. "One club. One Ambition" is meaningles drivel. I have no issue with mission statements being plastered around the stadium if they actually contain some thought, meaning and relevance to BHAFC. But that simply doesn't.

Similarly I have no issue with a humungous great JFC being pasted onto the side of our club shop. But did he really have to be peering down at us with an expression that says "ooh..can you take your shoes off before you come in ?"

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I would be happy for Ward to sign, but my original point stands, in that why hasn't he signed already? And I had the same feeling about foreign imports, in that another under-the-radar bod might be on the way from abroad. Just as long as we don't get left at the altar...

Nobody apart from a select few at the club will know the position on players we're after because the club now keeps everything under wraps until a deal is done and dusted. If any snippets of information are released into the public domain it will have come from elsewhere. Players will be signed but until then we're all in the dark.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

It does make me laugh that "EXIT" is also included on the banner :lolol:

I must admit, that struck me the first time I saw it too.

ONE CLUB.ONE AMBITION. EXIT

'sake :facepalm:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
.Living within ones means, having a great structure, supporting the youth system and bringing the youth players through into to first team and having one of the best academy's in the country, dont be inpatient, it's all about the building blocks for the future, it's amazing there is still a Brighton and hove Albion football club in existence, enjoy it.
My thoughts as well, patience people please.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
* You can prove no-one else is complying with FFP in the Championship then? - thats brilliant news for us, because when they are hit with a transfer embargo then we will be able to cherry pick the best players at vastly reduced prices because they will have to sell to balance the books before they are able to sign or re-sign anyone else.
* Do you have a break down on those who didn't renew, how many had died, moved away from the area, changed jobs / become unemployed, how many that haven't renewed were only fans since the Amex opened and how many remain. How many were long term fans?
* When did the club decide this, can't a club try to get into the play-offs at a minimum without having to keep reassuring their support that this is their aim because they are so panicky and unsure to have any faith in the people in the club that have managed to achieve this in the last 2 seasons after delivering promotion the season before?
* Since Gus Poyet was first appointed whilst we were at Withdean, just one manager has resigned, Oscar Garcia. - Don't let facts get in the way of a good moan up
* I don't drink Harveys so they could charge a lot more for all i care, but it's ironic that thjose saying we don't spend enough on players want us to be able to raise the extra cash to achieve this but without actually doing anything that boosts the coffers and makes it possible.

Maybe it's this need to be untrusting and suspicious of everything and overly negative that puts the more casual attendees off, coupled of course with the JCL type BS that tries to undervalue and undermine their efforts and make people unwelcome (a sort of F*** off, this is mine, you didn't suffer the hardships of Gillingham or Withdean so you can't attend now attitude)

If people put a spin on things saying everything is wrong with the club (especially as it's not atm) then this grows rapidly and is more likely to put more people off than anything the club could do. It's so duill and unnessessary.

Absolutely this!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

I must admit, that struck me the first time I saw it too.

ONE CLUB.ONE AMBITION. EXIT

'sake :facepalm:

At least the EXIT actually means something...

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Isn't having just one ambition a bit lacking in, er, ambition ???

Shirley we want to be the best at some things, like footy, VFM, ales, pies, etc., then be the worst at other things, like overspending, for example ???

It's a bit too narrow a term, 'Arry :nono:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

I hope nobody opens the window 2 down, 5 in from the left, otherwise Jake will look even more like Odd Job from Carry on Screaming...

Feb 14, 2010
These statements are just un English. Its the sort of claptrap that you get from America. Mission statements and the like. The thing that is so daft with them is that everyone, but everyone know they are cringeworthy, even the people that thought it up. But its all about "expected behaviour". Talking shit is a part of life these days, but its a shame its got as far as the Albion. Stand or Fall means something - especially with the 100 years anniversary of WW1 and so its even worse that all they could do was ask someone to dream up a daft slogan instead of looking into our history and well, use something with meaning.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
At least it was One Club, One Ambition and not One Club, One Goal........

Mind you.........

But we are setting ourselves up for a very big fall, first it was PLR and now this. It's not the fans that are clamouring or shouting about the Premiership, it's the Board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports