Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"One Club, One Ambition"

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
You seem kind of complacent about the Albion's continuing presence in the Championship. Shouldn't be at all taken as a given. IMHO, like.

Not at all .. been around long enough to know our history is L1/L2. If I had to chose between sustained Championship vs 46/60 chance of Prem/L1 I'd go for the former

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
We are just coming across as a bit limp. Let's see us on the back pages of the redtops for once, not some byline in the Metro about us complying with FFP! Football is about bottle, so let's grow some bollo*ks

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not at all .. been around long enough to know our history is L1/L2. If I had to chose between sustained Championship vs 46/60 chance of Prem/L1 I'd go for the former

Depends how many other clubs want it MORE tho eh? Our lot don't seem all that fussed, for whatever reason.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Depends how many other clubs want it MORE tho eh? Our lot don't seem all that fussed, for whatever reason.

Listening to this I really wish we'd give up the PR bollox. It's infested the Corporate world but I can't see it "sustaining" in the football world. At the end of the day it's results that count

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It's utter, utter bollox:

One club - statement of the obvious
One ambition - not defined, and looking like it's not much of an ambition

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
One Club
One Direction

should have been Doncaster's motto.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Blonde Ambition

Sami-Hypia.jpg

Feb 14, 2010
Only comment I have is that I would rather us win a cup than get back to the top flight, so maybe one club, lots of opinions.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Plastered all over the new club shop. Most people seemed to take the ambition as being to reach the Premier League, which might explain all the suicidal reactions and angered thoughts as to the lack of new signings with Clayton going to Middlesbrough instead.

But have the club actually stated explicitly what the ambition is? Maybe the fans who assumed it was promotion have got it all wrong. It could mean:

• Being the only Championship club to comply with FFP
  • Losing the majority of our "new" fans who end up bored of mid table football
  • Avoiding relegation to League One
  • Setting a record for number of managers lost in post season resignations
  • Selling the most expensive pint of Harvey's in the UK

* You can prove no-one else is complying with FFP in the Championship then? - thats brilliant news for us, because when they are hit with a transfer embargo then we will be able to cherry pick the best players at vastly reduced prices because they will have to sell to balance the books before they are able to sign or re-sign anyone else.
* Do you have a break down on those who didn't renew, how many had died, moved away from the area, changed jobs / become unemployed, how many that haven't renewed were only fans since the Amex opened and how many remain. How many were long term fans?
* When did the club decide this, can't a club try to get into the play-offs at a minimum without having to keep reassuring their support that this is their aim because they are so panicky and unsure to have any faith in the people in the club that have managed to achieve this in the last 2 seasons after delivering promotion the season before?
* Since Gus Poyet was first appointed whilst we were at Withdean, just one manager has resigned, Oscar Garcia. - Don't let facts get in the way of a good moan up
* I don't drink Harveys so they could charge a lot more for all i care, but it's ironic that thjose saying we don't spend enough on players want us to be able to raise the extra cash to achieve this but without actually doing anything that boosts the coffers and makes it possible.

Maybe it's this need to be untrusting and suspicious of everything and overly negative that puts the more casual attendees off, coupled of course with the JCL type BS that tries to undervalue and undermine their efforts and make people unwelcome (a sort of F*** off, this is mine, you didn't suffer the hardships of Gillingham or Withdean so you can't attend now attitude)

If people put a spin on things saying everything is wrong with the club (especially as it's not atm) then this grows rapidly and is more likely to put more people off than anything the club could do. It's so duill and unnessessary.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Was never convinced that we would spend big money on Clayton or Baldock think we are bargain basement hunting which will upset the rose tinted luvvies

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well it's a an awful example of meaningless, bland, corporate market-speak bollocks. But if the worst thing that happens to us this season is that we're saddled with a crap 'mission statement' then it won't be too bad.

"Stand or Fall"

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
If the club truly believe that we can be competitive this season with the current squad (including Ward or not), they are in for a big, big surprise. I can't recall when we have looked quite as poor in pre-season games, so defensively frail and so toothless up front. As things stand, I've lowered my ambitions, and would now just be grateful to stay up.

What worries me is that the club now say they have achieved their main player targets.

I was thinking those we have bought were squad players and the big guns were yet to arrive!!! Not overly optimistic for season now, but you never know, we could shock everyone.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
What worries me is that the club now say they have achieved their main player targets.

I was thinking those we have bought were squad players and the big guns were yet to arrive!!! Not overly optimistic for season now, but you never know, we could shock everyone.

I heard that too. It's seriously worrying.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

They didn't say that at all. They said "we have our main targets" i.e. We know who they are, not we have signed them.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
* You can prove no-one else is complying with FFP in the Championship then? - thats brilliant news for us, because when they are hit with a transfer embargo then we will be able to cherry pick the best players at vastly reduced prices because they will have to sell to balance the books before they are able to sign or re-sign anyone else.
* Do you have a break down on those who didn't renew, how many had died, moved away from the area, changed jobs / become unemployed, how many that haven't renewed were only fans since the Amex opened and how many remain. How many were long term fans?
* When did the club decide this, can't a club try to get into the play-offs at a minimum without having to keep reassuring their support that this is their aim because they are so panicky and unsure to have any faith in the people in the club that have managed to achieve this in the last 2 seasons after delivering promotion the season before?
* Since Gus Poyet was first appointed whilst we were at Withdean, just one manager has resigned, Oscar Garcia. - Don't let facts get in the way of a good moan up
* I don't drink Harveys so they could charge a lot more for all i care, but it's ironic that thjose saying we don't spend enough on players want us to be able to raise the extra cash to achieve this but without actually doing anything that boosts the coffers and makes it possible.

Maybe it's this need to be untrusting and suspicious of everything and overly negative that puts the more casual attendees off, coupled of course with the JCL type BS that tries to undervalue and undermine their efforts and make people unwelcome (a sort of F*** off, this is mine, you didn't suffer the hardships of Gillingham or Withdean so you can't attend now attitude)

If people put a spin on things saying everything is wrong with the club (especially as it's not atm) then this grows rapidly and is more likely to put more people off than anything the club could do. It's so duill and unnessessary.

Well put. The outpouring of negativity on here is quite astonishing sometimes, and we haven't even kicked a ferking ball this season yet. We don't spunk 10m on an overpriced striker, we don't cave in to Wolves demands for a fee and there is a modest (first for 2 years) price increase in food and drink (which no-one has to buy) and everyone is bleating like babies. I agree this is self-perpetuating - ooh look, everyone is saying everything is shite, so it must be shite. It isn't IMHO. PLR doesn't mean we have to be there next year.....great ground, new manager, best training facility, transport much improved, a few new signings who may or may not work out and possibly others to come and FFP probably observed. I think the club is in very good hands. Bring on Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here