omg black cats 1 - red devils 0

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Bad news for Man Utd: the second leg is at Old Trafford.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This will look bad for the franchise in an hour when Tokyo awakes.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I think the problem is that the fear factor has gone.

A few years ago, the Sunderlands, Swanseas and Evertons of this world would have shat themselves before the first whistle and just rolled over exactly like Mike Tyson's early opponents used to. These days the world can see that United aren't invincible and teams feel more relaxed and so play better against them.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think the problem is that the fear factor has gone.

A few years ago, the Sunderlands, Swanseas and Evertons of this world would have shat themselves before the first whistle and just rolled over exactly like Mike Tyson's early opponents used to. These days the world can see that United aren't invincible and teams feel more relaxed and so play better against them.

Also, they've got a lot of expensive dross (in the loosest sense). How many of these players would be stand out regulars in other teams?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
the penalty was never a pen he dived tom c never touch him

Oh well.

Given the controversial decisions that United have benefitted from countless times down the years, I doubt they can expect much sympathy if indeed one has gone against them.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Can this really be the competition in which Poyet put out the following team just three years ago

Poke
Whing
El Abd
Elphick
Painter

Baz
Battipied
Sparrow
Dicker

Hart
Holroyd

Although it did lead to an inspired piece of business indirectly.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh well.

Given the controversial decisions that United have benefitted from countless times down the years, I doubt they can expect much sympathy if indeed one has gone against them.

Exactly this. It wasn't a pen, but Welbeck, Rooney, Nani, Young, Hernandez have all won their fair share of pens in similar circumstances.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Ferguson should have sold Hernandez and got 20 million for him, Anderson, Ashley Young, Smalling and Cleverley all should have gone and replaced with internationally world class players. I doubt moyes will turn this around but I do bet United have a close eye on ole solskaer

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I don't think it is anything to do with United losing their fear factor, it is just that their team (tonight) is rubbish.

De Gea (Pretty decent 'keeper, getting better all the time, at least five better goalies than him in the Prem though)
Evra (is good going forward, nowhere near the player he was two seasons ago)
Vidic (Genuine quality, probably United's one top Prem player playing tonight)
Evans (always about to make a mistake, the Northern Irish Titus Bramble)
Rafael (utter toilet, just like his twin)
Cleverley (so useless it is ridiculous, should be nowhere near a team like Manchester United, or England for that matter)
Carrick (good passer of the ball, reads the game well, a very good player)
Giggs (legend, but 40 years old now, he cannot do it every week)
Valencia (just doesn't seem to have any belief in himself, looks strong and quick to me, but never does anything)
Junazaj (promising kid nothing more nothing less, should not be relied upon as much as he has been this season)
Welbeck (runs around a lot, the Premier League Revell)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I really really like this Man Utd slump, I won £39 for£6 on Sunday,and I won £40 tonight, on Sunderland at 4/1

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
the penalty was never a pen he dived tom c never touch him

The replay at half time showed it was clearly a penalty. Sunderland were lucky that it was just on the edge of the area, but the linesman, who was closest, had no hesitation in giving it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The replay at half time showed it was clearly a penalty. Sunderland were lucky that it was just on the edge of the area, but the linesman, who was closest, had no hesitation in giving it.

The replay at half time of the 64th min pen....:dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports