Olympic Ticket Watch

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Finally got hold of the relevant credit card statement - £166 debited which means we're off to some morning heats in the swimming. At least we have an excude to go down and be part of everything I guess!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] did they debit your account for those tickets, I think I've sneaked a couple of tickets and they've taken the money?
When I'd completed purchase I went back to login to my account and check, the homepage had changed to the message about not accepting any more requests. The tickets were showing as paid so I hope I get them, athletics mens 200m + 800m finals night and Wimbledon centre court 1/4 finals.

Sorry - only just seen this.

Yep - my CC statement came yesterday and they've taken the money. I can't seem to get to a 'my account' page on their site now so can't see what that says - I might give them a ring.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Sorry - only just seen this.

Yep - my CC statement came yesterday and they've taken the money. I can't seem to get to a 'my account' page on their site now so can't see what that says - I might give them a ring.
I've just had an email from PayPoint.net with subject: REFUND!!! Not in my account yet but not looking good

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
LOCOG apparently announcing what is left today. I'm informed that there might be more tickets available than many expect.

I am willing to bet that nearly all of the remaining tickets will be in the higher price bands, I just hope they realise they have f***ed up and offer them at reduced rates so people can actually afford them.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Tried my to login in also and all I get is this, explains why.

Please Note: We are currently completing our initial ticket allocation and as a result we are not accepting further ticket requests for London 2012 Olympic Games tickets until this process is complete. If you would like to be kept informed about when our London 2012 Olympic Games ticket request system will be open again, please fill out our enquiry form or follow us .

If you have made a request for tickets you will not be able to access your account while the initial ticket allocation takes place. When the allocation is complete we will send you an email asking you to log into your account, this is when you will find out whether your request has been successful.

Due to the high demand for tickets we expect to complete the initial allocation by Monday 20th June. The website will be offline until the initial allocation has been completed, once this has been completed the website will be back online with the revised availability.
If you have any further questions relating London 2012 Olympic Games tickets, please email us at london2012@sportsworld.co.uk

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I am willing to bet that nearly all of the remaining tickets will be in the higher price bands, I just hope they realise they have f***ed up and offer them at reduced rates so people can actually afford them.

2.3 million tickets left. 1.7m of them for football and I expect quite a few of them will be £20 tickets.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
2.3 million tickets left. 1.7m of them for football and I expect quite a few of them will be £20 tickets.

Looking at the list, it seems that there are loads avaialble, mostly in the £30+ catergories

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Yep, for most sports. Looks like plenty of £20 tickets left for Football, Hockey, Volleyball and Wrestling

I was only looking at football, seems there was quite a small take up of football tickets in general, more £20 tickets gone than any others, though still plenty left, plus absolutely loads of £30+ tickets. Apart from the mens final, it looks like every football game has tickets available.

Sadly that means I got football tickets, not shooting tickets, as the shooting is all sold out, I got £60 worth of tickets, so I'm guessing 2 x £30 football ticket and not £30 shooting tickets.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I just got an email confirming my application was unsucessful and giving details about the second round ballot. It seems that you will only be allowed to apply for tickets to 3 sessions in the second round (with hindsight, I bet they wish they had used this rule first time around!!). Although the second-round ballot appears to be first-come-first-served, which will surely just result in their website crashing!

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
I've jsut recived an email saying that I've been allocated "some or all" of the tickets I applied for. They are Updating my account apparently, but will not find out until 24th what the specifics are. Can't be arsed to cross check CC statement to see whats been charged and what the possible ticket allocations could be from that.
I applied for a couple of days at the shhoting, the cross country of the three day eventing and a morning and evening 9different days) in the early heats of the Athletics. Of anything, I'd like it to be in the main stadium.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Using that list would hazard a guess that I got football tickets (prices and still good availability) which while happy to watch is not really what I wanted

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I just got an email confirming my application was unsucessful and giving details about the second round ballot. It seems that you will only be allowed to apply for tickets to 3 sessions in the second round (with hindsight, I bet they wish they had used this rule first time around!!). Although the second-round ballot appears to be first-come-first-served, which will surely just result in their website crashing!
Same for me. I will be in Majorca on the 24th when the ballot comes round again, which is actually good news. It means the site will open at 7am for me, so I will be on it as soon as poss. :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I just got an email confirming my application was unsucessful and giving details about the second round ballot. It seems that you will only be allowed to apply for tickets to 3 sessions in the second round (with hindsight, I bet they wish they had used this rule first time around!!).
Got the same email.

I don't think they should have limited applications to 3 sessions, they should have just designed the allocation software to only give you one session, until everyone had been given a session, then give you a second session etc (not quite that simply, but along those lines). The problem wasn't that people applied for 10 sessions, the problem is whom they gave the tickets to.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I will be in Majorca on the 24th when the ballot comes round again, which is actually good news. It means the site will open at 7am for me, so I will be on it as soon as poss. :)
I assume that's a joke :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports