Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympic Ticket Watch

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So you get up to be online next Friday morning and order some tickets from the rubbish that is left, they have just said on TV that, even though its a first come first served, you will buy a ticket but you won't know for two more days if you have actually bought a ticket.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Applied for £140-worth of tickets (athletics, tennis, football) and got £60 (2 tickets for the football at Wembley), so happy enough to have got something. May try for some other sports in the second run ...

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
having examined what's left, although they don't tell you the volumes it doesnt take a genius to work out that the vast majority of tickets are for football matches anywhere outside of London. It doesn't take many matches to get to 1m+ unsold tickets......

Should have had them all in London IMO.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Apparently all those who got tickets from London 2012 website will be able to log into their account tomorrow and find out what they got. Don't know why its taken this long!!

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I've been able to log in and see that I appear to have got the tickets I applied for through them. Still no confirmation email though.

got email yesterday asking for me to login and check my account, turns out I didn't get the tickets and money was refunded in full today. So I'm now left with the option on logging onto 2012 site on Friday and buying some syncronised swimming tickets :wozza:

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
cheers for heads up about confirmations

we got 2 x women's hockey s/f tickets (hopefully the one Team GB will appear in!)

i still feel this is way short of getting the full olympic experience so will seek out some more tix - either now or via grey market laters

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Badminton, Volleyball and Athletics - all preliminaries and qualifying, but 3 different venues, plus I get to see a full Olympic Stadium (something that won't happen after West Ham take over).

So you get up to be online next Friday morning and order some tickets from the rubbish that is left, they have just said on TV that, even though its a first come first served, you will buy a ticket but you won't know for two more days if you have actually bought a ticket.

I've just read this on the BBC website. Absolutely incredible. What's the point of making it first-come-first-served if they won't tell you immediately if you've got tickets? A friend and I will again have to double-apply for all the tickets we want, just in the hope of getting some of them. Absolute farce.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here