Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympic Ticket Watch

Lush

Mods' Pet
I applied for opening ceremony (worth a punt), men's football final and beach volleyball and it looks as if I've got one of those last two. I think it makes sense that more people get to go to one thing, rather than people getting a percentage of the huge amounts they applied for.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I applied for loads and had 300 quid come out of my account the other day. I have no idea what they are for though as none of the events that I have applied to seem to add up to that price.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Yippeeee - we got something! Very excited. I don't care what it is we're going to the Olimpics!!

Woohoooooo. C'Mon Aussie C'mon C'mon....

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I applied for loads and had 300 quid come out of my account the other day. I have no idea what they are for though as none of the events that I have applied to seem to add up to that price.

Souvenir key ring, 2 coffees and a hotdog.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
My brother's ended up with nothing, yet he was one of the project planners for the building of the stadium...... Travesty.

theone

Jun 3, 2011
I applied for opening and closing ceremonies and 100m final.

I really didn't think I had a hope in hell, so I selected all ticket prices.

Got a bit of a fright when I noticed £4030 taken off my card. Looks like two "AA" seats to the opening ceremony. A lot of money, but once in a lifetime opportunity too.

Does anybody know where these seats will be, or how many there are? Obviously, an AA seat for the 100m would be on the finish line, but for the opening ceremony I'm not so sure.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
I applied for opening and closing ceremonies and 100m final.

I really didn't think I had a hope in hell, so I selected all ticket prices.

Got a bit of a fright when I noticed £4030 taken off my card. Looks like two "AA" seats to the opening ceremony. A lot of money, but once in a lifetime opportunity too.

Does anybody know where these seats will be, or how many there are? Obviously, an AA seat for the 100m would be on the finish line, but for the opening ceremony I'm not so sure.

Jesus Christ - £4,030 to watch a couple of hours of men on stilts, big sheets being flapped around and the athletes walking round the stadium? Fair enough if that's your thing, but for that money I think I'd rather go to Thailand for a fortnight.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I got £66 worth, now we wait to see, it's either going to be mens preliminaries in the football at the Ricoh Arena or the Mens trap qualification, finals and victory ceremony at the Royal Artillery Barracks

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why on EARTH are the mens preliminaries for the football at the London Olympics being played in COVENTRY ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I applied for opening ceremony (worth a punt), men's football final and beach volleyball and it looks as if I've got one of those last two. I think it makes sense that more people get to go to one thing, rather than people getting a percentage of the huge amounts they applied for.

I went for the football final, didn't get them, but I couldn't beleive there is a site I found called euroteam.info selling tickets for the final for between £320 and £470, and they said there would be no rip-offs in these olympics, :tosser:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Why on EARTH are the mens preliminaries for the football at the London Olympics being played in COVENTRY ?

I agree, they are also being played at Old Trafford, Mil Stad, Hampden Park and St James Park (Newcastle)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I agree, they are also being played at Old Trafford, Mil Stad, Hampden Park and St James Park (Newcastle)

I guess they want to spread it round to give more people the opportunity of attending without having to trail all the way down to the capital.

It does rather defeat the object of the London Olympics though, dunnit.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I guess they want to spread it round to give more people the opportunity of attending without having to trail all the way down to the capital.

It does rather defeat the object of the London Olympics though, dunnit.

Yes, yes it does, although they have to trail down to London for all the other events bar the sailing, so what's the difference. Personally, I am hoping I got the shooting tickets, I can imagine a tuesday afternoon at a two thirds empty Ricoh watching Canada play Fiji

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Seb Coe on SSN trying to defend the allocation procedure, used to quite like the bloke!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
How can he defend the fact that we have to jump though hoops (no Pun) and still don't know what tickets we have, even though they have our money, when elsewhere in the world you simply go to the ticket website, choose the tickets you want to buy, and buy them FFS.

I would have done just that if I had known about it, but they managed to keep that from us too.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Sorry chaps - I got on and ordered some athletics finals tickets that were showing as 'available'. That message indicates I won't actually get them.
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] did they debit your account for those tickets, I think I've sneaked a couple of tickets and they've taken the money?
When I'd completed purchase I went back to login to my account and check, the homepage had changed to the message about not accepting any more requests. The tickets were showing as paid so I hope I get them, athletics mens 200m + 800m finals night and Wimbledon centre court 1/4 finals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here