Olympic Ticket Watch

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
£126 deducted from £900 applied for. Happy with that.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Heard this morning that most of the money should be taken out of accounts by midnight tonight, so keep checking those accounts :banana:

Applied for £300 pounds worth, so hopefully will get tickets for something :shrug:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
£66 taken from my account = 2 tickets for women's football final.
Bit disappointed I didn't get athletics or cycling ones.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
£66 taken from my account = 2 tickets for women's football final.
Bit disappointed I didn't get athletics or cycling ones.

It's really difficult to work out what you could end up with. I applied for 4 different sports (and different days/sessions for athletics) plus ceremonies and was flexible on price so basically would take minimum (band e)and up to band c or b for most events. Also some days I applied for 4 tickets to include my kids and others (like the evening events) I only applied for 2.

My maximum exposure was 2k and I've ended up with c500 pounds. My wife's maximum was 1.5k and she appears to have got 200 pounds worth so looks like she's got the gymnastics ones but nothing else.

I suppose I'll just have to wait til the 24th June. Just really happy to have got something though and looks like my kids will get a day in the Olympic park and a visit to the stadium for a morning session of athletics. This really is likely to be a once in a lifetime event and if we upset the IOC like we appear to have FIFA then we wont get another major sporting event for a good few decades.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Looking like i've ended up with nout. Pretty gutted

What did you apply for? There may be some similar items (e.g. you may have gone for an evening athletics session but there may still be spaces for daytime ones) in the second batch of sales

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Ive had about £400 deducted from my account. Hard to tell exactly as i spent over the weekend and theres still stuff to come out but i recon about £400 worth. I applied for £800 so am pretty happy. Hopefully i got the 100m. Slim chance though. I applied for football final, 100m final, opening ceremony and some random one that i cant remember!!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I've had £118 taken today, should have been £160ish. Looks like I got 2 out of 3. I wasn't going for anything major, a day of tennis, basketball and footbal 1/4 finals. I would guess I've missed on the basketball as it is the smallest of the venues.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My good lady reckons there's "about £150" pending that she can't account for. That'll be majorly disappointing if so, as we went for about £3500 worth - some of the bigger things but also a fair sprinkling of other stuff.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Further to my last message. See 12.41 it turns out my misses has just paid £300 off our credit card so that probably mean no shitting Olympic tickets. Sad times :(

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What did you apply for? There may be some similar items (e.g. you may have gone for an evening athletics session but there may still be spaces for daytime ones) in the second batch of sales

From what I remember I think we pretty much applied for all the big events. 100m/200m final, cheap opening ceremony, a Jessica Ennis day, some swimming days, Triple Jump final. Basically £800 worth so nowhere near as much as some people applied for but I still hoped I'd at least get one in the first round.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Just checked my credit card a/c and they've taken £146 (out of £560)
So we've got something - just have to wait and find out what. My guess is the boxng and one other which could be any one of about 4 things - quite happy with that to be honest

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Friend of mine says he's got tickets easily by booking them through a German site. Not sure which but it can't be that hard to find...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports