Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympic Ticket Watch

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
£86 taken from my account yesterday, so thats half of all the events i applied for. (2 lots of 2x £20 tickets)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
How frustrating! Have been checking the wrong account. Realised today that money taken from different account so looks like we have got tickets although now need to wait to see whether they are for the final night of the Athletics or for the final of the 800m womens freestyle (Adlington's event).

galebs

Jan 28, 2008
Bexhill
My brother got roughly 10% of his £3500 application we did similar bids, i bet we get the same tickets .

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Nothing here and went for about £750

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Transaction finally gone through on credit card and I do have London 2012 tickets - woo hoo!!! Got less than 10% of what I went for.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Still got nothing - applied for £560 of tickets.
Did all the "right" things - applied for morning events rather than evening, nothing that would be really popular like the opening or closing ceremonies, only applied for one final, went for "unpopular" events like show jumping.
A bit pissed off if truth be toild

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Applied for £1800 worth. Nothing heard yet

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Heard tit all. Visa bill due at some point in the next 7 days.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I applied for two events and got one, the 800m Womens freestyle. Fingers crossed, should see Adlington pick up a medal for Team GB.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I applied for two events and got one, the 800m Womens freestyle. Fingers crossed, should see Adlington pick up a medal for Team GB.

that is a good ticket to get. that will have been pretty well over subscribed.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
£66 (from potential total of £846) deducted from card - pending

think this means we've got 2 tix to a hockey sf - either mens or womens.

didnt get various athletics, swimming or gymnastics

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Nothing today. Did I read somewhere that today is the last day they can be taken. Does this mean I;ve missed out completely?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Nothing today. Did I read somewhere that today is the last day they can be taken. Does this mean I;ve missed out completely?

Hundreds of thousands of applicants for London Olympic tickets are set to be disappointed as the first deadline for allocations comes to an end.

Organisers Locog are deducting the last of the card payments from people's bank accounts before tonight.

Some 6.6m tickets went on sale in total and more than half of the 650 sessions were over-subscribed.

Only one in seven of the almost two million people who applied for tickets will be successful, leaving at least 250,000 with nothing from the first round.

I cant believe I didnt get tickets for anything, surely Archery at Lords and the Equestrian wasn't oversubscribed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here