Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Olise

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I think it’s refreshing Him staying. He didn’t take the money or go on strike like someone else I could mention.
I think it's refreshing him staying too, but let's not pretend that he didn't take the money. He just took it from you instead of from Chelsea. Parish has shown previously that he believes in treating players like Nye Bevan treated GPs. It's an approach that has kept you from relegation for years, so I can't say it hasn't worked. Bloom won't pay the big wages to keep the star players. He has spent ridiculous amounts of his own money on the club, but his approach has always been to try to move towards financial sustainability for the long term.

And if you're referring to Caicedo in the baiting part of your post, there's no actual evidence he did go on strike and, back in January, he took the money too when he signed a new contract with us and helped us get into Europe. Him signing that without a release clause probably added a multiple seven figure amount to his transfer fee, so we've really no complaints.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think it’s refreshing Him staying. He didn’t take the money or go on strike like someone else I could mention.
Think you right. Would now love Chelsea to be reported.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
"He hasn't taken the money"

ummmm.......he had 3 years left on his contract with his current club.....and has signed a new one extending by 1 year. That will be a lovely chunky pay rise.

Caicedo signed a new contract after the Arsenal move didn't happen. Moved next opportunity.
Ben White signed a new contract when the Leeds move didn't happen. Moved next time.

I remember listening to a convo between Ramsdale and Ben Foster and they said how there's the unwritten rule in football that if the move you wanted doesn't happen the club as an 'apology' give a nice little pay rise and a new deal. Good PR and a little "there you go" to the player. Happens so often, yet fans still think the player signing a new deal means "they want to stay".

Not a criticism of Palace or Olise. I'd have done the exact same thing. But let's stop kidding ourselves as football fans. Only leads to disappointment due to unrealistic expectations.

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

ummmm.......he had 3 years left on his contract with his current club.....and has signed a new one extending by 1 year. That will be a lovely chunky pay rise.

Caicedo signed a new contract after the Arsenal move didn't happen. Moved next opportunity.
Ben White signed a new contract when the Leeds move didn't happen. Moved next time.

I remember listening to a convo between Ramsdale and Ben Foster and they said how there's the unwritten rule in football that if the move you wanted doesn't happen the club as an 'apology' give a nice little pay rise and a new deal. Good PR and a little "there you go" to the player. Happens so often, yet fans still think the player signing a new deal means "they want to stay".

Not a criticism of Palace or Olise. I'd have done the exact same thing. But let's stop kidding ourselves as football fans. Only leads to disappointment due to unrealistic expectations.
absolutely, another good season for them and he will be off, just ensures Palace get full asking price when the time comes, I assume they have upped any release clause or removed it in this deal

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Talk that Palace are going to take Chelsea to a tribunal as supposedly Chelsea tapped up Elise prior to the talks with his club. Which probably a factor in Olise staying as any transfer would be null and void due to the tapping up.
Chelsea won't even raise an eyebrow.

More media coverage for Beaky,

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Is any their difference to Caciedo signing a new deal in January? They have ditched the buyout clause and can demand a mega transfer fee in January.
Sure - but I’m pleased that Chelsea won’t get a player on the cheap.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think it's refreshing him staying too, but let's not pretend that he didn't take the money. He just took it from you instead of from Chelsea. Parish has shown previously that he believes in treating players like Nye Bevan treated GPs. It's an approach that has kept you from relegation for years, so I can't say it hasn't worked. Bloom won't pay the big wages to keep the star players. He has spent ridiculous amounts of his own money on the club, but his approach has always been to try to move towards financial sustainability for the long term.

And if you're referring to Caicedo in the baiting part of your post, there's no actual evidence he did go on strike and, back in January, he took the money too when he signed a new contract with us and helped us get into Europe. Him signing that without a release clause probably added a multiple seven figure amount to his transfer fee, so we've really no complaints.
That is pure genius :bowdown:
(and is something that has annoyed the f*** out of me for 50 years)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m never pleased for anything Palace apart from 3 points. We haven’t really lorded making the Europa league that lot would be insufferable.
Well, one annoying poster on NSC. The other Palace who post regularly on NSC are perfectly decent.

I don't feel sufficiently aggrieved to want to lord it over one chump. I'm not twelve.

:wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Yep.

How many contracts has Dunk had? Up until he was snubbed by waistcoat man he seemed to get a new deal every six months. Worked out well for us but it could have gone a different way.

Anyway, all footballers take the money. They are professional footballers.

Everyone takes the money*

Ronny wood took the money when he left the Faces and joined The Stones.

*Matt Le Tissier didn't take the money. That's because he is frit, lazy and balls-deep in Totton totty. Not a good look.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Maybe he means their 'keeper. You know, the one that looks like he works on a fairground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here