Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Olise

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It now becomes clear why he reportedly preferred Chelsea to Man City. If his agents were heading back to tell Parish to match the wage offer, you'd want the offer from the most Viv Nicholsonesque competitior....

On a serious note. Good luck to him. Even if it is Palace, I'm glad that the West London branch of Dyson's can't suck up absolutely everything it's hungry eyes alight upon.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Talk that Palace are going to take Chelsea to a tribunal as supposedly Chelsea tapped up Elise prior to the talks with his club. Which probably a factor in Olise staying as any transfer would be null and void due to the tapping up.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
:lolol:

What a loser.

I know it is Chelsea but he has just turned down a chance to join a club that is on the up again with one of the best managers around. He could have been in pole position for a starting place in their likely European campaign in 24/25.

He owes Dibley a big drink (or equivalent if relevant).
I think it’s refreshing Him staying. He didn’t take the money or go on strike like someone else I could mention.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think it’s refreshing Him staying. He didn’t take the money or go on strike like someone else I could mention.
I guess he looked at how Zaha's big-money big-club move happened, how it failed and he had to come back with his tail between his legs. That could put a lot of people off and dampen their ambitions.

I'm surprised you think he'd only sit on the bench at Chelsea though. Don't you rate him?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Talk that Palace are going to take Chelsea to a tribunal as supposedly Chelsea tapped up Elise prior to the talks with his club. Which probably a factor in Olise staying as any transfer would be null and void due to the tapping up.
Hmmm, surely just a mild slap on the wrist for the tapping up club if that?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I guess he looked at how Zaha's big-money big-club move happened, how it failed and he had to come back with his tail between his legs. That could put a lot of people off and dampen their ambitions.

I'm surprised you think he'd only sit on the bench at Chelsea though. Don't you rate him?
I do rate him. im glad he’s staying but we’ll probably be in the same situation at the end of next season. Good players attract attention and he’s very good.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It wouldn't render it null and void, the transfer would still happen. By the time anything was done about any tapping up it would have been a long time down the road and far too late to say actually no he's still a Palace player. Chelsea would get a transfer ban as happened the last time they were found guilty (although the Court of Arbitration for Sport overturned the ban as they said the player didn't have a valid contract with his previous club). The player could also be fined as happened when Ashley Cole met with Chelsea officials before any deal had been agreed between the club and Arsenal.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I do rate him. im glad he’s staying but we’ll probably be in the same situation at the end of next season. Good players attract attention and he’s very good.
Sure. I was just surprised when you said that if he moved to Chelsea he'd be on the bench.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Likely to be true. Source is Ed Aarons

I guess we were happy with Caicedo’s agent, er, sorry, I mean Fab, disclosing personal terms agreed in May with MC.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
They are going for Brennan Johnson apparently. Maybe they need home grown players for any remaining squad spots?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Likely to be true. Source is Ed Aarons

I guess we were happy with Caicedo’s agent, er, sorry, I mean Fab, disclosing personal terms agreed in May with MC.

Probably because they paid so much money. Maybe there is leverage for selling clubs to remind buyers of the rules given how widespread the practice supposedly is. The deal then becomes easier to complete.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here