Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Okay who believes in ghosts?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I had an 'experience' the other day. Woke up at about 4am, hadn't been drinking or anything else, just a normal nights sleep. Groggily rolled over to check the time because it obviously wasn't morning and as I opened my eyes I saw a white, spectral hooded figure for maybe half a second before I blinked and 'it' vanished. There was none of this 'sinister' feeling nonsense though.

I thought it was pretty funny considering how anti this stuff I have been in the past, but I have put it down to an overactive brain (reason I woke up) rather than some benevolent spirit from the past standing over me whilst I sleep.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I had an 'experience' the other day. Woke up at about 4am, hadn't been drinking or anything else, just a normal nights sleep. Groggily rolled over to check the time because it obviously wasn't morning and as I opened my eyes I saw a white, spectral hooded figure for maybe half a second before I blinked and 'it' vanished. There was none of this 'sinister' feeling nonsense though.

I thought it was pretty funny considering how anti this stuff I have been in the past, but I have put it down to an overactive brain (reason I woke up) rather than some benevolent spirit from the past standing over me whilst I sleep.

That almost exactly describes an experience I once had. I also put it down to being half asleep still but at the time it seemed very real but not at all scary for some reason

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
That almost exactly describes an experience I once had. I also put it down to being half asleep still but at the time it seemed very real but not at all scary for some reason

Spooky :lolol:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
The below all happened in the space of no more than 20 - 30 seconds.

On 23 September 2002, I was awoken at 00:53 to a loud rumbling noise, pictures on the bedroom wall were shaking and I could feel the floor vibrating. I jumped out of bed, trying, as my senses came up to speed from my deep slumber, to diagnose what the hell was going on.

My first analysis was that the boiler down stairs was about to blow up - then realised the sound was coming from the shaking walls, not downstaires. The next best idea I could come up with was a huge tank driving past right outside my front door - we do have an army base in the town, but I live in a close. So this didn't make sense either.

I stood in the dark, motionless, struck partly with fear but mostly confusion.

Then the rumble / noise / rattling and shaking began to disappear and all went quiet.

I slowly got back into bed, now wide awake. Mrs SS asked, "what the hell was that?" I couldn't explain and eventually went off to sleep.

I was next awoken [starting to sound like a HB&B thread - sorry] with the alarm clock radio and as the news came on, all became clear. There had been an earthquake, 4.7 on the Richter scale, with the epicenter about 30 miles away in Dudley.

So things that go bump in the night usually have a very good explanation, and I subscribe to this theory.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Dudley_earthquake

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Major breakthrough in our search for explanations about the presumed hauntings and unexplained activity in the kitchen of our old cottage.
Just discovered through Shropshire archives that our house and garden lie on a cemetery of unknown origin – possibly dating from the huge outbreak of bubonic plague in the town in 1650.
The archive states that there was an archeological excavation in our back garden in 1977 and seven extended skeletons were discovered in one exploration trench. Many more are presumed to lie adjacent. The owner of the house at the time had lived here 35 years and was gobsmacked by the find.
I used not to believe in ghosts, but after the events of the past seven months … I think I might do now!
Re: my blog at www.seagullnic.wordpress.com
21 October: There’s no exit in any direction… except the one that you can’t see with your eyes , 2 November: Something is happening, but you don’t know what It Is , 4 November: Nothing that would pass inspection… just thinking of a series of dreams , 21 November: Everything stays down where it’s wounded and 7 January: Looks like it’s moving, but it’s standing still
Will blog at length on this tomorrow.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Well now.

My dad died very recently and he was the biggest atheist and pragmatic bloke in the world. I spent the last week of his life with him in his flat and, being as I was there, I asked him...if he survived death..whether he would try and let me know he was Ok.

Anyhoo. He passed over peacefully, we had the funeral the other week all good. Absolutely no sign of him. Then things went a bit head mental around here. First off. We had repeated knocks at the front door, or we would see someone briefly at the frosted glass "posting" something, letter box would clatter but nothing would come through. I live in a quiet road and I would sprint to the door and see who was there...no one.

Then our light bulbs started going. I kid you not we went through 15 in 24 hours. Upstairs and down, bedside lamps (both) simultaneously. This went on until one day I twigged and said, out loud, "Dad, I understand you're OK...please stop blowing our light bulbs, it's costing a bomb" since then. Not one bulb, fuse or knock. Nothing.

Make of it what you will.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I do not believe your house is haunted at all to be honest. You just seem to be looking at anyway to prove it is instead of looking for a logical explanation

Aug 21, 2011
Around 25 years ago (when I was a kid) I had an elderly Aunt that had passed away. Any way a few days later my Dad was talking to my Mum about the funeral, as my dad was saying he may not be able to go due to work commitments. At that moment a glass my Dad was holding shattered for no reason. My Aunt was very fond of my Dad, so they took this a sign from my Aunt that she wanted him there, needless to say he went.

Anyway a few years ago I sadly lost my Mum, a few days later whist my wife was washing up a glass she was holding shattered again for no reason, she hadnt banged it on anything.

My mum knew that I was aware of the glass incident with my Dad all those years ago, this could have been a coincidence and can say that I have never had a glass explode before or since that day, we therefore took it as a sign from her that she was OK.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I do not believe your house is haunted at all to be honest. You just seem to be looking at anyway to prove it is instead of looking for a logical explanation

If you want to know what "haunted" means look at Puncheons face.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

Attachments

• article-2324000-19C3450B000005DC-678_634x400.jpg
    article-2324000-19C3450B000005DC-678_634x400.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 252

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Then our light bulbs started going. I kid you not we went through 15 in 24 hours.
Weird way to tell you. Couldn't he blow the bulbs at selhurst park instead, would be a more fitting message.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

All I've got from the blog is that you have no rational answers so you go straight to the irrational and unexplainable.

I'll direct you to a centuries old theory called, 'Occam's Razor'.

Why not have a expert try to explain the recurring dreams. I wouldn't do any harm, surely?

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Truly, stop looking for reasons it may be haunted and properly document the strangeness, set up a camera in your kitchen, you can get infra red emitting ones that can film in the dark and prove the chair moves without you touching it. You just seem to be trying to drive visitors to your blog rather than get any proof of anything.
As someone who doesn't know you, it's easier to believe you are making the whole thing up than believe you are being haunted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here