Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Okay who believes in ghosts?

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Having read four pages of his blog I see nothing to suggest anything paranormal , just because you keep "dropping" something in the same place does not mean your house is haunted. There are so many things slightly weird about the blog, almost like they are looking for something that is not there. :eek:

I actually agree with part of this... I too wonder if we are looking for something which is not there.
I have a naturally enquiring mind and am sincerely flummoxed by all of this. Yeah maybe there is something and maybe there isn't. I do go back to the fact that in 2013 we know certain facts about our world and science which someone living in 1913 or 1813 would have laughed off as "unbelievable", for instance that splitting a tiny atom could destroy a whole city. And I wonder what we now dismiss as hocus pocus will be seen as fact in say 2113? I genuinely don't know which is why I was looking for opinion. And the fact a good old NSC bin fest on the subject is always a laugh.
As for a scientific explanation for ghosts, there are many out there including a logical one that metal ores in building materials can act like a tape recorder and store images when activated by negative or positive ions emitted when someone is frightened.
As for our drop zone ... it is just fecking weird and so far unexplained!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
As for a scientific explanation for ghosts, there are many out there including a logical one that metal ores in building materials can act like a tape recorder and store images when activated by negative or positive ions emitted when someone is frightened.

this is an interesting snippet. if there is any truth in this I am going down the bank asap with a business plan for a Rentaghost business. TV and cinema have often predicted future developments, who is to say I couldnt be a future Mr Meaker.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
I guess it depends on what a ghost is because if we get into quantum physics and time, it could be possible to see events from the past or future.

Don't go dragging poor quantum physics in to this, it has nothing to do with or say about ghosts. And as for time, well considering that the Earth is never in the same place twice then anything moving purely through time and not tracking the Earth's movement as well won't be showing up at the same place any time soon.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I actually agree with part of this... I too wonder if we are looking for something which is not there.
I have a naturally enquiring mind and am sincerely flummoxed by all of this. Yeah maybe there is something and maybe there isn't. I do go back to the fact that in 2013 we know certain facts about our world and science which someone living in 1913 or 1813 would have laughed off as "unbelievable", for instance that splitting a tiny atom could destroy a whole city. And I wonder what we now dismiss as hocus pocus will be seen as fact in say 2113? I genuinely don't know which is why I was looking for opinion. And the fact a good old NSC bin fest on the subject is always a laugh.
As for our drop zone ... it is just fecking weird and so far unexplained!

You are naturally a very suspicious person and also have a high sense of mortality, I personally think that you are looking for something that is not there. Not to mention the fact that the more you start to believe it the more you will look and so on and so forth. Not to mention you have had problems with nerves in the past and this will certainly not help it.
The things are not being pushed out of your hands by your own admission you are dropping them, personally I would see a doctor as that can be a sign of encroaching medical problems, dont worry about that though as it could be as something as minor as Carpal tunnel syndrome, okay not so minor but not deadly.

Oh, I have lived in a haunted house in Lee and will never ever forget the things that happened there but I have never seen anything since and I used to walk home through a graveyard every work night for a year, I also spent two years as a security guard and spent time in some very secluded and eerie places but nothing apart from the odd sound but they could have been due to so many things that I never bothered worrying about it

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
this is an interesting snippet. if there is any truth in this I am going down the bank asap with a business plan for a Rentaghost business. TV and cinema have often predicted future developments, who is to say I couldnt be a future Mr Meaker.

Gadzooks! What a top plan there Mr S. I do hope you won't be including that rubbish pantomime horse though. The estimated custard pie bill would make any business plan somewhat ridiculous.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Gadzooks! What a top plan there Mr S. I do hope you won't be including that rubbish pantomime horse though. The estimated custard pie bill would make any business plan somewhat ridiculous.

you can offset custard pies against tax i am sure. plus does a pantomine horse count as 1 employee or two? just thinking about pension contributions. but then being ghosts are they exempt?

bloody hell this is more complex than i first thought.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
'ghosts' is a silly word for "residual energy."

you know how a house feels after an argument, or after a lovely family day - they are two examples one can graps of residual energy.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
'ghosts' is a silly word for "residual energy."

you know how a house feels after an argument, or after a lovely family day - they are two examples one can graps of residual energy.

thought you might believe in ghosts

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
You are naturally a very suspicious person and also have a high sense of mortality, I personally think that you are looking for something that is not there. Not to mention the fact that the more you start to believe it the more you will look and so on and so forth. Not to mention you have had problems with nerves in the past and this will certainly not help it.
The things are not being pushed out of your hands by your own admission you are dropping them, personally I would see a doctor as that can be a sign of encroaching medical problems, dont worry about that though as it could be as something as minor as Carpal tunnel syndrome, okay not so minor but not deadly.

Oh, I have lived in a haunted house in Lee and will never ever forget the things that happened there but I have never seen anything since and I used to walk home through a graveyard every work night for a year, I also spent two years as a security guard and spent time in some very secluded and eerie places but nothing apart from the odd sound but they could have been due to so many things that I never bothered worrying about it

Two points: your reference to my nervous breakdown last summer is something I have considered and am still considering. As for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome I guess that would have to affect four different people, because the droppings have to date been made by that many... at least 12 things dropped in a four foor square space and in most instances the victim felt as if the item was being pushed uowards.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Have none of you lot seen the film they made about this very subject and how to deal with nasty ghosts.

Must be REAL !

If there's something strange
in your neighborhood
Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

If there's something weird
and it don't look good
Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

I ain't afraid of no ghosts

If you're seeing things
running through your head
Who can ya call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

An invisible man
sleeping in your bed
Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

If ya all alone
pick up the phone
and call
GHOSTBUSTERS

I here it likes the girls
I ain't afraid of no ghost
Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah

Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

If you've had a dose of a
freaky ghost baby
Ya better call
GHOSTBUSTERS

Lemme tell ya something
Bustin' makes me feel good!

Don't get caught alone no no

GHOSTBUSTERS

When it comes through your door
Unless you just want some more
I think you better call
GHOSTBUSTERS

Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

I think you better call
GHOSTBUSTERS

Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

I can't hear you
Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

Louder
GHOSTBUSTERS

Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

Who can ya call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Two points: your reference to my nervous breakdown last summer is something I have considered and am still considering. As for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome I guess that would have to affect four different people, because the droppings have to date been made by that many... at least 12 things dropped in a four foor square space and in most instances the victim felt as if the item was being pushed uowards.

I never saw any mention of four, either way there is just not enough to suggest anything other than mere coincidence. Is the floor uneven? slippery? there has to be a logical explanation, it could even be something subconcious

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The part I'm really, really struggling with, is why you chose to display your wife's prize collection of breakables, in the 'everything gets dropped here' zone.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

Maybe this woman could shed some light on it. Based in Wales

http://www.psychicinvestigations.net/html/about_us.html

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I reckon we understand about 2% of the world we live in. However, I don't believe in ghosts as they are presented 99.99% of the time.

Last edited:

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
1 - The null hypothesis is that there are no ghosts
2 - To prove an alternative hypothesis you would need to provide compelling evidence
3 - Its pretty easy to take a video/photo these days

All we need is step 4
4 - Provide compelling (non-anecdotal) evidence

So where is the non-anecdotal evidence?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
The part I'm really, really struggling with, is why you chose to display your wife's prize collection of breakables, in the 'everything gets dropped here' zone.

As I said, subconsciously. Maybe he hates his wife, also when he was showing his mother in law something that got broke, was it on her head by any chance? this could be the new amityville without the demons

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
No need darling, I'm much more intelligent.

You hide it well.

I've experienced a few things in the past that have led me to follow the belief that there is some sort of paranormal existence, but i'm open to the concept that it could also be some sort of trick of the mind etc.

It's a bit like religion; the people that 'believe' will always be seen as insane or 'not normal' whilst the 'non-believers' will always come across as self-righteous w*nkers. This thread is no different :p

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I've experienced a few things in the past that have led me to follow the belief that there is some sort of paranormal existence, but i'm open to the concept that it could also be some sort of trick of the mind etc.

I'm along these lines. I reckon there is probably "things" but I don't think they're anything like what most people think of as ghosts.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I read an interesting statistic recently.

If the spectrum of light were laid out linearly from New York to Los Angeles

6a00d83454b17a69e20105360b519e970b-800wi

The visual portion we see would be just 100 nanometers long - small enough to slip through a surgical mask.

masques-chirurgicaux-plm01r.jpg

There is a whole lot of stuff in our world that we don't get to see.

Doesn't mean we can't observe it, quantify it or understand it though.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Doesn't mean we can't observe it, quantify it or understand it though.

...if you can't see it, then you can't observe it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here