Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Okay who believes in ghosts?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
A colleague of mine, whose Mother was a Medium, says that he has experienced spirit visitations and visions. He is an intelligent, educated guy and genuinely believes in some form of "spirit manifestation"

Some people have minds that are much more receptive to bullshit than others. I don't believe it has any correlation with intelligence, more to do with some people being firmer set in their view of the world than others. Quite simply some want to believe and as a result, see things others don't. It's kind of obvious that someone whose mum was a 'medium' would go on to experience various 'strange goings on' but I strongly doubt he would have experienced the same things were his mum a bit more normal.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It's heartening to see so many open-minded folk helping the OP with his mysterious domestic happenings. I bet he's absolutely thrilled to bits.

:facepalm:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There is either a very clever prankster or something else at my wife workplace - items get moved, doors open or close when no one is around, its been going on since the building was built 15 or so year's ago. It doesn't happen all the time months go by with nothing at all.

The latest thing, an unplugged ECG machine started up, showing no heartbeat, and after ten-fifteen seconds it went off again :shrug:

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
I'm by no means a paranormal expert but I'd hazard a guess at they've no real reason to wander this life anymore unlike someone who say, devoted their life to working in a certain place or had a strong emotional attachment to a building or person.

He is coming through............... he is wearing a shell suite.........

Never hear of that either :glare:

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Whilst travelling I have been to numerous haunted places and always done the ghost tours, never believed or seen anything just enjoyed them as a bit of a laugh!

However back in March my girlfriends mum passed away unexpectedly, two days after she died I woke in the middle of the night and there was a woman standing at the side of the bed looking at my girlfriend, shit myself, jumped up, went for the light switch and challenged her, she turned smiled and walked off into the wall. Scared the absolute bejesus out of me and since then I am a little more open to the idea of ghosts, although we have not seen her since so maybe she just wanted to say goodbye.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Whilst travelling I have been to numerous haunted places and always done the ghost tours, never believed or seen anything just enjoyed them as a bit of a laugh!

However back in March my girlfriends mum passed away unexpectedly, two days after she died I woke in the middle of the night and there was a woman standing at the side of the bed looking at my girlfriend, shit myself, jumped up, went for the light switch and challenged her, she turned smiled and walked off into the wall. Scared the absolute bejesus out of me and since then I am a little more open to the idea of ghosts, although we have not seen her since so maybe she just wanted to say goodbye.

To a game of?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
...YES I absolutely do believe in them.

I was walking home from my school when I was a teenager and past a farm. There standing RIGHT IN FRONT of me was a white figure with a strange pale face. He was about 3 feet tall and made a weird noise at me. He looked a bit like the Devil. I thought I could make out little horns on his head... terrifying.

Do I believe in ghosts? Sorry I thought you said goats.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
For those that don't believe, what do you make of the OP's writeup?
A lie to get people to his blog? His wife purposely chucking coffee over herself to keep the "experience" going?
I'm not for one second mocking the OP. But for those that don't believe, they must have a view on the OP.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
For those that don't believe, what do you make of the OP's writeup?
A lie to get people to his blog? His wife purposely chucking coffee over herself to keep the "experience" going?
I'm not for one second mocking the OP. But for those that don't believe, they must have a view on the OP.

People see and experience what they want to see and experience.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

Yep. The clearest way to describe this is by visiting a graveyard.

During the day these are peaceful, tranquil places. At night they become creepy, frightening places that even I (a fervent non believer) would not fancy visiting.

The graveyard is the same. Your mind is doing the rest.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I liked the film the Entity where Barbara Hershey gets fingered by a ghost. I had a similar experience when camping and forgot bog roll and was forced to wipe my arse with a wet wipe.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Really.

No doubt you've spent your entire life studying the great Philosophers, Existentialists & Theoligists in order to arrive at such a learned conclusion... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Really.

No doubt you've spent your entire life studying the great Philosiphers, Existentialists & Theoligists in order to arrive at such a learned conclusion... :rolleyes:

No need darling, I'm much more intelligent.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I guess it depends on what a ghost is because if we get into quantum physics and time, it could be possible to see events from the past or future.

What people claim to be paranormal activities could be put down to times crossing paths rather than seeing dead people walking. Maybe the "ghost" is just as freaked out as what the people that claim to see them are?

Does time have knots in it?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Having read four pages of his blog I see nothing to suggest anything paranormal , just because you keep "dropping" something in the same place does not mean your house is haunted. There are so many things slightly weird about the blog, almost like they are looking for something that is not there. The bit that finished it for me was when their copy of the exorcism of Emily Rose froze for ten seconds :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here